Sign in to follow this  
VAairsoft

The worst of the best? KWA, VFC, and ICS

I have a fairly large budget for my birthday ($500) but do not expect to be paying more than $400 for a gun. All of my AEGs have crapped out because I attempted at disassembling them, therefore I am NOT looking for a gun that will need replacement parts. I've been looking at KWA, VFC, and ICS, mainly because I've heard they're primarily the best stock guns you can get. I want to know which one of these guns will hold up well enough for 9 months or so and shoot up to 130 feet accurately.

KWA

In KWA guns, I'm looking at the KM16BR and the G36C. They both use the 2GX version gearbox, meaning they actually have no shims. Youtube comments and videos have given me the chills, as I expected more than that from KWA. I would like to know if these guns will strip the piston or pull any crap on me within the first 9 months of owning one.

VFC

In VFC guns, I'm looking at their SCAR series. The only problems that seem to have been encountered with these is the fuse, motor, and clear plastic hop up. The external body is exquisite, and so is the details and such. I really want one of their SCARs, bad. However, if it involves replacing parts, I am purely not interested as I will only mess it up more.

ICS

In ICS guns, I'm looking at their MK5A5. I like their MP5's, but the packaging shown in reviews concerns me deeply, as most higher end guns don't include two magazines and aren't in bendy plastic packaging. I'm mainly worried about their magazine quality and internals. Everything else seems to be flawless, however that's what I thought about VFC's SCAR series at first. I know it probably won't reach 130 feet accurately, but it's very compact and that's something I look for in guns.

If you are really looking at not disassembling a gun I would go with the KWA. They will do pretty well for a long time and do not require shimming if you don't upgrade the spring. Eventually you will need to replace or stretch the piston head o-ring but that is true of any gun after a year or so.

I have no experience with ICS but I did own a KWA sr10 and it did very well.

I have also seen the VFC my friend owned strip the piston within the first 5000 rounds and I don't like the self shim gears. Their external quality is top notch though and I do like the vfc gearbox itself for upgrading, it has some nice cut outs that help with bevel to pinion shimming.

If you are really looking at not disassembling a gun I would go with the KWA. They will do pretty well for a long time and do not require shimming if you don't upgrade the spring. Eventually you will need to replace or stretch the piston head o-ring but that is true of any gun after a year or so.

I have no experience with ICS but I did own a KWA sr10 and it did very well.

I have also seen the VFC my friend owned strip the piston within the first 5000 rounds and I don't like the self shim gears. Their external quality is top notch though and I do like the vfc gearbox itself for upgrading, it has some nice cut outs that help with bevel to pinion shimming.

Why not a TM? They are top notch guns. And yeah they come with plastic bodies, but you can get a Nice M4 and then buy a metal body and drop the TM internals into the new body. :) As for ICS, they are supposed to be top notch, Split gearbox design, some have some Quick change FPS guns. Its hard to say which to get. But TM would also be a good choice IMO.

Why not a TM? They are top notch guns. And yeah they come with plastic bodies, but you can get a Nice M4 and then buy a metal body and drop the TM internals into the new body. :) As for ICS, they are supposed to be top notch, Split gearbox design, some have some Quick change FPS guns. Its hard to say which to get. But TM would also be a good choice IMO.

I would like to know more about ICS, specifically their MK5's. I haven't found many things on Youtube or even the internet as a whole about the MK5's. AirsoftGI lists some nice things in their features:

Full Metal Construction

Adjustable Hop Up

Adjustable Stock

ICS Laser Compartment*

Turbo 300 Motor

High Capacity Magazines

Easy-Pour BB Bottle*

*=I don't care

I like the motor and the body construction overall but I need to know about the gearbox construction, including gears and wiring.

I would like to know more about ICS, specifically their MK5's. I haven't found many things on Youtube or even the internet as a whole about the MK5's. AirsoftGI lists some nice things in their features:

Full Metal Construction

Adjustable Hop Up

Adjustable Stock

ICS Laser Compartment*

Turbo 300 Motor

High Capacity Magazines

Easy-Pour BB Bottle*

*=I don't care

I like the motor and the body construction overall but I need to know about the gearbox construction, including gears and wiring.

TBH, all I've heard about ICS is that they make top notch guns and that they had an MP5 with a built in 3 round burst. Thats about all I know about them.

Hi there. New player, recently purchased my first AEG and I chose the ICS sig 551. It was 210$ and is full metal with full metal internals. The gun is very well built and the magazine has no problems. Thing is people said it comes with 2 magazines but they only give you one. Its not a bad magazine, could be worse, could be better. Overall for the price I am very happy. The gun shoots far and accurate. It shoots fast as well. Just my experience with ICS since you were looking at them. Also the plastic in the packaging isnt flimsy so the gun was nice and still. I use the box as a case for now since it has a nice handle on it.

Edit: Also my new airsoft friend came over after I got the gun and chronoed it and checked it out. He is a KWA fan and owns a VFC scar. He said for the money it was one hell of a gun. Could be better but still top notch. I think he chronoed it at ~365. He told me at the moment there is no real need for performance upgrades which is cool.

Edited by Odin

Hi there. New player, recently purchased my first AEG and I chose the ICS sig 551. It was 210$ and is full metal with full metal internals. The gun is very well built and the magazine has no problems. Thing is people said it comes with 2 magazines but they only give you one. Its not a bad magazine, could be worse, could be better. Overall for the price I am very happy. The gun shoots far and accurate. It shoots fast as well. Just my experience with ICS since you were looking at them. Also the plastic in the packaging isnt flimsy so the gun was nice and still. I use the box as a case for now since it has a nice handle on it.

Edit: Also my new airsoft friend came over after I got the gun and chronoed it and checked it out. He is a KWA fan and owns a VFC scar. He said for the money it was one hell of a gun. Could be better but still top notch. I think he chronoed it at ~365. He told me at the moment there is no real need for performance upgrades which is cool.

Sounds like the MK5, then.

Yea I forgot to mention I had half your budget. I bet the higher priced ICS are really astounding. don't get me wrong if I had the money it would have been that VFC scar *licks lips*.

Unless you know how to replace its hop up and fuse, I wouldn't get it. People have problems with it regularly. I've seen videos and have read horror stories. However, if you were to get it fixed up, it would be practically the perfect airsoft gun.

Kwa not using shims gave you chills??? Why use shims if your gear box is so precise and perfect? Shims are made for adjusting but why adjust something if it works flawlessly??

You don't make sense with your statement. I have a buddy that has put over 50,000 rounds on 11.1v and his gears look new (he wanted to lower his spring rate for cqb/bps rate). So don't let no shims give you "the chills", it just means they made a perfect gear box with perfect gears.