to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Airsoftkid295

tbb question

ok, so I can get a matrix 590mm 6.01 barrel for $25, I have the length, but Im using a normal V2 gb with a normal length type 0 cylinder.

so my question is, is my normal length type 0 enough to get all the air I will need, and I've heard that 6.03 is better than 6.01. is it worth it?

For $25 I'd say go for it. But it is a Matrix so I'd be iffy. Matrix isn't always a good choice for parts becasue they are usually lower quality. I have Matrix parts and am trying to remove them as soon as I can. The only way to tell if their is a perfomance increase is to try it. I have heard mixed reviews about guns firing better with an 6.03 vs a 6.01. I personally use a 6.01 because it proved to be more accurate at longer range.

it should be made to prommy specs and its a steel barrel, so it could be a prommy rebrand. any specfic bore up kits? and with the price of a bore up and the barrel would it be smarter for me to just wait?

it should be made to prommy specs and its a steel barrel, so it could be a prommy rebrand. any specfic bore up kits? and with the price of a bore up and the barrel would it be smarter for me to just wait?

I highly doubt its made to prommy specs, and any barrel over 509mm is a waste and won't help your accuracy at all. Just get a madbull, matrix is a waste of money.

OP, it won't be a Prommy rebrand. Matrix is bottom of the barrel, so whatever is cheapest. Along with that go tolerances, so it will not be as good as a Prommy.

I think the question to ask is why do you feel a need to go with a 590mm barrel? A 509mm is going to perform better and be cheaper since you won't have to change cylinder assemblies.

OP definitely stay away from 6.01, go with a madbull v2 in 6.03. A 6.01 will get a touch more fps but the bbs will collide with the sides of the barrel and adversely affect accuracy. Jams are also much more likely. Even with 6.03 you must clean the barrel every day of use to make sure you wont have problems.