Sign in to follow this  
CT15

New AEG with long range

Hello

I used to have a G&G m4 combat machine blowback. It was a great gun, but I always wanted more range (and fps). Are there any AEG's out there that are longer than the average m4/ak/assault rifle and have more range? Personally I dislike the way m16's look and the fixed stock. I was looking at some of the GI G4 DMR's. I have $300 to spend on a new DMRish gun. I'm aware that to get a true DMR you would probably have to upgrade a whole lot, so I need a stock gun that will have great range or one that I can upgrade to shoot farther somewhat easily(I have no upgrade experience). Thanks!

In airsoft any gun can have good range, it is by no means related to length of barrel. It is much more dependent on spring rate, hop up, and barrel quality. Many folks have made great DMRs out of P90s, so get what you want and learn to upgrade, it is half the fun of the sport.

Look up rhops. you can even buy predone rhops at clandestine. R-hops will get you the most range at any fps, that and using a good heavy bb of .32 and above.

Lots of people forget that .32s and above were frst made in Japan where they are limited to 1 joule guns. So .32s are perfectly fine at 350+ fps.

Lots of people forget that .32s and above were frst made in Japan where they are limited to 1 joule guns. So .32s are perfectly fine at 350+ fps.

I'm confused, are you saying that .32s will reduce the impact energy in a high FPS gun? Because that's some bad physics.

I might just be misreading or misinterpreting your post though.

No, he's saying that heavier bbs are restricted to high fps guns. That you can use heavy weights in lower fps guns, such as 350fps. Heavier bbs travel straighter, and in some cases, further than lighter bbs.

As for a DMR out of the box, you won't be able to get one from ASGI, or most any store of that nature. You will be buying the same gun you already have, it'll just look a little cooler.

If you want a DMR, then buy a used one, or ask someone to build one for you.

Thanks. So installing a tight bore barrel and an r hop will help the most? What would you recommend for a good platform? And regarding what you said about barrel length, I would be incorrect in saying that a stock m16 would have significantly better range than a stock p90?

That is sort of correct. P90 barrels are very short, Generally, anything longer than 400mm isn't necessary. However, the barrel has close to nothing to do with the accuracy of the gun. It's more important about the quality than the bore or size.

And yes, if you want the most range and accuracy out of your gun, you should get an r-hop.

And most any aeg with a hop up can use an r-hop, so that's really up to you as to which platform to chose.

Star Folder was correct in his interpretation, I was saying that even a 1 joule gun will shoot further and more accurately with a .32 bb. Rhops also work more effectively with a higher weight bb, you will see most benefit from one at .32 and above.