Sign in to follow this  
idohaveweapons

BB's Breaking Inside Silencer - A&K SR-25

Hi all,

I recently bought an A&K SR-25. After about 30 minutes, the bb's would start breaking inside the suppressor! The appear to nick the bottom right of the silencer, from the gun holders perspective. I have attached a picture to show you what I mean - (don't mind the horrible paint job... it's not finished!)

29pw3kx.jpg

I've only had this gun for a day and haven't shot more than 100 shots. What's going on here?

Any help would be appreciated!

Did you try to take off the extension and put it back on ensuring it was on straight?

Yes, multiple times. I took the silencer apart and made sure nothing was improperly placed. When I shot it when I first got it, it shot fine. The difference between then and now is I started painting the barrel. Perhaps some paint got into the silencer? Could that cause this?

Shoot the gun without the suppressor attached and let us know what the bbs do. The paint shouldn't change the dimensions so much that the bb clips it. I think you have an underlying issue in the barrel or hop up.

Its the barrel. My MK36 did the same issue. It would clip something on the inside and wouldn't shoot straight. My quick fix? Zip Tie the Outer barrel so it would shoot straight. The true way to fix it? Probably a new inner barrel. They only cost $30

Shoot the gun without the suppressor attached and let us know what the bbs do. The paint shouldn't change the dimensions so much that the bb clips it. I think you have an underlying issue in the barrel or hop up.

I did a shooting test without the supressor. When shooting with my scope it appeared that the bb's curve slightly to the right. At first it was the hop up but after adjustment it didn't seem to make a difference. It shoots fine, but curves down to the right. This could be the reason why it's hitting the bottom right of the barrel.

So this is a barrel problem? What tight bore barrels would you all recommend for the SR-25?

Edited by idohaveweapons