Sign in to follow this  
theBroseph

Lightweight, medium rig suggestions that doesn't bounce

New guy here, I was wondering if anyone knew of any methods on keeping gear tight and molded onto your body, so when running it doesn't bounce up and down. I run a lot so having flimsy gear can be dangerous as it throws off balance.

I am looking into getting an RRV or some medium lightweight rig, between a 1961a (too small) and CIRAS (too big), what do you guys recommend?

Essentially I want a small rig that:

-holds 4 mags, 2 extra pouches, hydro carrier

-stays in the chest area, not near the stomach

-doesn't bounce when running

-doesn't stick out from body, flat figure

I'm a minimalist so that's all I really need, I'll keep a dump pouch and radio pouch on my belt. Which reminds me, would a good way to keep gear from bouncing be to get some velcro or tightening strap around the belt and the vest?

Also, recommendation for a strong belt that can hold up a dump pouch, radio and pants at the same time?

--------------

Can this:

http://www.foxairsoft.com/Pantac-Modular-H...c8059_a_7c31246

Fit onto this:

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Condor_Outdo...ig_1_p/mcr1.htm

Like this?

http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/pantac-...ckpack-rrv-vest

Edited by theBroseph

Sounds like you need a chest rig like one of the Eagle Industries, 5.11, etc, etc.

http://www.optactical.com/tagphchrig.html

http://www.optactical.com/noname34.html

Does the cross strap design not make it uncomfortable, unlike the Pantac active shooter rig's design?

and can the rig be made so it sits higher up on the body? On both they look too low that it wouldn't allow room for a belt.

Does the cross strap design not make it uncomfortable, unlike the Pantac active shooter rig's design?

and can the rig be made so it sits higher up on the body? On both they look too low that it wouldn't allow room for a belt.

I've worn the Universal one for several hours, both in game at on the job. The straps are well padded and I've never had an issue with it. Mine is adjusted high enough that it doesn't interfer with my duty belt.

See here

HakAfton2-5-11bzoom.jpg

Wow, your loadout looks incredibly comfortable and efficiently low weight. I think I will copy it :)

Where do you place your dump pouch, if you have one? Duty belt or do you use one of your pouches on the rig? What brand is your duty belt and how do you like it?

Edit:

What do you do for hydration? Keep a bottle of water in the pouches or what?

Edited by theBroseph

I'd recommend the Eagle (or replica) RRV with the back panel. It has just as much MOLLE real estate as a small plate carrier, but is a chest rig so it's light. The back panel can be used to attach a MAP pack or other hydration packs, and (at least on me) it has enough room to clear a battle belt. Any MOLLE belt (can be found on evike) will do, for adding small stuff like drop legs and dump pouches.

If you want something REALLY small in profile, I'd get a JPC (jump plate carrier). My friend has one, and we make fun of him by calling it a "tactical bra," because it's so small and rides high on his chest. It has plenty of room in the front for those open-top shingle pouches, and (I think) the side straps act as molle webbing as well. Also has molle on the back for hydro carriers.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/weekend-worrior-j...ier-p-4282.html

I'd recommend the Eagle (or replica) RRV with the back panel. It has just as much MOLLE real estate as a small plate carrier, but is a chest rig so it's light. The back panel can be used to attach a MAP pack or other hydration packs, and (at least on me) it has enough room to clear a battle belt. Any MOLLE belt (can be found on evike) will do, for adding small stuff like drop legs and dump pouches.

If you want something REALLY small in profile, I'd get a JPC (jump plate carrier). My friend has one, and we make fun of him by calling it a "tactical bra," because it's so small and rides high on his chest. It has plenty of room in the front for those open-top shingle pouches, and (I think) the side straps act as molle webbing as well. Also has molle on the back for hydro carriers.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/weekend-worrior-j...ier-p-4282.html

Looks like the 6094, not interested in it since I'm a pretty big guy that it would look stupid.

I want to get the Condor RRV, but I don't think it can work with this MBSS: http://www.ebairsoft.com/molle-back-pack-khaki-p-5413.html attached like how it is in the pictures.

Are there any other really cheap ACM/replica RRV's?

Wow, your loadout looks incredibly comfortable and efficiently low weight. I think I will copy it :)

Where do you place your dump pouch, if you have one? Duty belt or do you use one of your pouches on the rig? What brand is your duty belt and how do you like it?

Edit:

What do you do for hydration? Keep a bottle of water in the pouches or what?

I don't use a dump pouch. I only run three high cap mags so I use the pouches to keep my empty's. My duty belt is from Blackhawk. I use the same one on duty every day so I'm comfortable with it. The one in the picture is some generic one from Wal=Mart I tried.

For hydration I use either a Camelbak or a canteen on the belt.

Guest alberty

No. The first link's Pantac hydration carrier straps are not the same as the one in the third link, and in the second link it is a Condor RRV replica which means different buckles than Pantac's. So that won't go together.

I want to get the Condor RRV, but I don't think it can work with this MBSS: http://www.ebairsoft.com/molle-back-pack-khaki-p-5413.html attached like how it is in the pictures.

Are there any other really cheap ACM/replica RRV's?

The Condor RRV might not fit with that MBSS pack replica either, again due to the differing buckles and such.

Ebairsoft has at least 2-3 RRV replicas, some including the MBSS hydration pack replica as well. Theirs is the cheapest you can go while having a slight level of quality but be wary of little to no customer support and possibly bad stitching or consistency in webbing.

To be honest, the cheapest yet quality RRV replicas I can think of are Pantac or Flyye's.

With any RRV I would recommend a fake plate of some sort to help keep the rig more rigid.

chest rigs with a full back are less likely to bounce around on you.

obvisouly the tighter you get it the better. use bungees, zip ties. tape flapping things down with 100mph tape.

Edited by rabies

but one thing I did at my friends suggestion with mine was instead of getting the replica plates, just cut up a box with decently thick cardboard and use those for inserts.

I've done the same to recreate my work body armor. I would suggest that you wrap them in duct tape so that you don't sweat through them quickly.

I've done the same to recreate my work body armor. I would suggest that you wrap them in duct tape so that you don't sweat through them quickly.
I'm having a struggle finding a chest rig that has a hydration carrier on the back, or a lightweight vest/PC that has MOLLE on the back.

I think I will follow the cardboard suggestion. What are some light plate carriers other than the SPC, 6094, and RRV's that have back MOLLE and has good estate?

Otherwise, what are some chest rigs with full backs? Are there any chest rigs with hydration carriers already on?

Budget $100

Edited by theBroseph

Guest alberty

There's quite a few chest rigs out there with hydration carriers already, or that have hydration carriers for integration that can be bought separately.

For some light plate carriers I can think of the Emerson/TMC JPC and the Flyye/Pantac FAPC (with cummerbund). I also like the MBSS plate carrier myself.

I personally run a BlackHawk Chest Rig. You can adjust it down to stick figure size, so it can be as tight as you want with no bounce. It has plenty of real-estate as well, I have 5 double stack open top mag pouches, as well as an admin pouch. It also has Molle Webbing along the straps, so I bought a Condor Hydro carrier and ran it through those. It's great! As for a belt, I use an old alice belt underneath my BDU, and I keep a J-tech dropleg dump pouch along with my Safariland. It's the best carrier I've ever had.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Lightweig...ness,1484,2.htm

Edited by Russell

Guest alberty

FYI (not a criticism):

I personally run a BlackHawk Chest Rig. You can adjust it down to stick figure size, so it can be as tight as you want with no bounce. It has plenty of real-estate as well, I have 5 double stack open top mag pouches, as well as an admin pouch. It also has Molle Webbing along the straps, so I bought a Condor Hydro carrier and ran it through those. It's great! As for a belt, I use an old alice belt underneath my BDU, and I keep a J-tech dropleg dump pouch along with my Safariland. It's the best carrier I've ever had.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Lightweig...ness,1484,2.htm

Similar to RRV

TAG Gladiator Marine. There's an identical version without the bib. Economical, because M4 pouches and hydration are built in. But perhaps it rides too low...

59.jpg

Similar to Wasatch

In case you want to see similar rigs from other makers as well.

These recommendations are really way too expensive. I have a full loadout of issued gear when I go NROTC or something else (still deciding) but I do not want to go to the airsoft field with them because they are my brothers.

I just want a cheap loadout because my budget is low. Here's what I'm seriously looking at:

https://www.weaponblender.com/index.php?productID=2729

It's CB, cheap, has everything but a hydro carrier, good estate and I think it is of decent quality since it is NC Star, but I'm unsure on that.

Then I would get a hydro carrier, belt, and dump pouch and put that on the belt.

The one that you posted a link to on weaponblender should be good. I had the Condor version of it for a while. I'm about 150 at 5 8. it kind a moved around on me, like I couldn't get it to fit snug enough. I went an bought the Banshee Plate carrier last summer and found it fit a lot better because it was made to be a slimmer fit, which it is. So depending on your body type will depend on what fits you best.

Any idea of the sizing range for that TAG Gladiator Marine, or similar MOLLE chest rigs? For my AK gearset I want to do more of a minimalist look as opposed to the MOLLE vest I run now. I'm a big guy, needing a 3X atleast, and I doubt that TAG Gladiator would ride low on me, lol. Also looking specifically for OD.

Edited by LoneSniperSG