to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Airsoftkid295

RPS question

ok, what would a m100 spring, shs high speed motor, 13:1 shs high speed gears (well shimmed), light weight piston that will be swiss cheesed, light weight piston head, a retainer chip on the sector gear, and an 11.1 20c lipo, what would that give me RPS wise?

Edited by Airsoftkid295

ok, what would a m100 spring, shs high speed motor, 13:1 shs high speed gears (well shimmed), light weight piston that will be swiss cheesed, light weight piston head, a retainer chip on the sector gear, and an 11.1 20c lipo, what would that give me RPS wise?

This heavily depends on your actual motor rpm under the m100's load, polished gears?, a perfect shim, actual piston weight-polycarb, (1,2,3,4,5 or all metal teeth), bearings(if any), tappet spring weight (effect is very slight here), metal spring guide?, type of nozzle, Polished Gb rails?, wiring, mofset, type of connector used and lastly the exact burst C rating of that battery. I have 20c's that have burst of 25 to 40. <your question is to vague. But I will give an estimate. I built a dmr with 22:1 helical gears, m140, silver wire, no mofset, KA infinite torque/high speed and a 11.1 25c 40c burst. I was pulling about 25rps. you should hit 30-35.

I would image it be higher than 30-35rps. I had a similar build and it peaked at 32 rps. I was using a version 3 mechbox, shs single steel tooth piston, shs 13:1 gears, shs high speed motor, m110, deans, 14 awg wiring, with a 5000 mah Elite 9.6v battery.

Edit: spelling error.

Edited by aG36rocks

This heavily depends on your actual motor rpm under the m100's load, polished gears?, a perfect shim, actual piston weight-polycarb, (1,2,3,4,5 or all metal teeth), bearings(if any), tappet spring weight (effect is very slight here), metal spring guide?, type of nozzle, Polished Gb rails?, wiring, mofset, type of connector used and lastly the exact burst C rating of that battery. I have 20c's that have burst of 25 to 40. <your question is to vague. But I will give an estimate. I built a dmr with 22:1 helical gears, m140, silver wire, no mofset, KA infinite torque/high speed and a 11.1 25c 40c burst. I was pulling about 25rps. you should hit 30-35.

I could polish the gears, 1 tooth piston, normal bushings, metal spring guide, metal shs oring nozzle, not sure on wiring yet, prob a cheap mosfet for safety, deans connector, and not sure on the burst rate yet.

32 rps. I was using a version 3 mechbox, shs single steel tooth piston, shs 13:1 gears, shs high speed motor, m110, deans, 14 awg wiring, with a 5000 mah Elite 9.6v battery.

Edit: spelling error.

Based on this number, with an 11.1v lipo, the same set up would be around around 37rps (11.1/9.6 is 1.15. Increase in voltage yields a roughly linear increase in rps. We can use this to make an estimate) Depending on the discharge rate, coupled with the M100 spring, you would push 40+

Knowing that, you run into the issue of pre-engagement. Even with a swiss cheesed piston, you will still have pre-engagement. I would run at least a M110 and short stroke it at the very least. A M120 short stroked would be the safer route though. Try the M110 first and short stroke it to the desired fps and see if you encounter any problems. If you do, move up to the M120 and short stroke some more.

Based on this number, with an 11.1v lipo, the same set up would be around around 37rps (11.1/9.6 is 1.15. Increase in voltage yields a roughly linear increase in rps. We can use this to make an estimate) Depending on the discharge rate, coupled with the M100 spring, you would push 40+

Knowing that, you run into the issue of pre-engagement. Even with a swiss cheesed piston, you will still have pre-engagement. I would run at least a M110 and short stroke it at the very least. A M120 short stroked would be the safer route though. Try the M110 first and short stroke it to the desired fps and see if you encounter any problems. If you do, move up to the M120 and short stroke some more.

This^ You know your stuff. I could only estimate close to what I've worked with. 40+? really. With a 20c, I really don't think it will hit that though, unless the motor isnt an amp hop. I've seen guys with similar setups only get like 25-30, but they had a different wire/lipo/motor setup. Probly too much resistance and not enough C.

On a side note. I've never had any experience with short stroking, so I have no opinion on that. Personally. I would use enough to get it to 30rps and not short stroke, but thats just me.

This^ You know your stuff. I could only estimate close to what I've worked with. 40+? really. With a 20c, I really don't think it will hit that though, unless the motor isnt an amp hop. I've seen guys with similar setups only get like 25-30, but they had a different wire/lipo/motor setup. Probly too much resistance and not enough C.

On a side note. I've never had any experience with short stroking, so I have no opinion on that. Personally. I would use enough to get it to 30rps and not short stroke, but thats just me.

the lipo I just bought with a boneyard m4 is a Zippy 25C 2200 mah 35c discharge, and I will be replacing the wiring, I am gonna tune this thing to the max. so im hoping for 40+bps, I will prob tone it down later, I'm kinda showing off right now bc there are a lot of "high speed" guns on my field (25-30 bps) I only put quotes on that bc 40+ wipes 25-30.