to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

I've been playing Airsoft since I was 9, and I'm 14 now, and I've become to be... Somewhat good. My perks are silent movement, amazing aim, and speed. Which is amazing because I'm a 6'2" guy. Anyway, I was at the T.A. Airsoft Game Field this weekend and learned about the 'Mini Misfits'- Youth airsoft players who have killed multiple admins. In order to do so, I think I need WAY more experience/skill. Anyone know anywhere to get such skills?*(a)

(A)-I know that there's no way to get experience or skills DIRECTLY from reading something on the Internet. I mean, articles with good TIPS to get better.

I've been playing Airsoft since I was 9, and I'm 14 now, and I've become to be... Somewhat good. My perks are silent movement, amazing aim, and speed. Which is amazing because I'm a 6'2" guy. Anyway, I was at the T.A. Airsoft Game Field this weekend and learned about the 'Mini Misfits'- Youth airsoft players who have killed multiple admins. In order to do so, I think I need WAY more experience/skill. Anyone know anywhere to get such skills?*(a)

(A)-I know that there's no way to get experience or skills DIRECTLY from reading something on the Internet. I mean, articles with good TIPS to get better.

Well what I like to do is start out with moving target shooting and CQB. The reason being is that you rarely shoot a non moving target. If you want to do this then just have your family or a friend go into a room and place good and bad targets. This lets you gain more skill in picking your targets.

Now you may be thinking this stuff is easy but it actually isnt. You need to be able to do this in a matter of 5 seconds or less.

Here are a few links to help with the main idea:

Now after that you should focus on stances. I prefer to keep myself as low of profile as possible until I get to where I need to be. You should focus on the modern style shooting stances and make sure you can keep up with the top training too.

Here are some links for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYjitNIEmzw...feature=related

Hope this helps bro.

If you haven't already, learn to shoot with both hands proficiently.

If you largely play in a walk on setting, teamwork will come from good communication. This means that once you are in open combat, you should be informing your team of enemy positions and movement. Loudly. This not only fosters good team movement in spite of an incoherent team, it can disconcert an enemy who has just heard that the entire field knows exactly where he is. For a setting that involves pre-organized coherent teams, you will need to discuss scenarios and procedures with your squad ahead of time to make sure everybody is on the same page when everything goes down.

Then go get your self some pie plates and practice moving and shooting quickly and efficiently at the same time.

A few drills you can do with minimal effort:

Set up a target (pie plates work well, as stated), and set up two lines, imaginary or otherwise, that extend away from the target about 60* apart. Start about 15 feet away from the target and move between them while shooting at the target. Remember to switch hands according to direction. Vary the speed and distance as you see fit.

Set up a piece of plywood or something to act as a wall or other cover element. Place a target 10-20 feet away from it. Start outside of the cover element, and run to it so that you would be protected from the target, where it armed. Now, as quickly as possible, pop out and shoot the target, then duck back into cover. If you do this correctly, the time from first exposure to last exposure should be under one second.

This will teach you to, first, keep your head up and aware even when running, second, teach you to remember target position even when it is not visible (situational awareness), and last, teach you to snap shoot well, which may not be an important skill with real firearms, but is rather helpful in airsoft.

Final tip, Always face forward. This seems obvious, but it seems lots of people like to lean their backs or sides against elements of cover.

Edited by ServedConsistently

I think airsofting is two things:

1, marksmanship.

2, strategy / able to think clearly on your feet

airsoft marksmanship is nothing like real steel marksmanship, don't bother learning the proper techniques, none of it will help, in fact they will get in the way (I'm from a real steel gun world- just about everything real steel the opposite is correct with airsoft)

you just need to become and expert with your guns. know exactly where that BB will be at any range (even beyond the effective range of your gun), in any weather condition.

and that would be more or less alot of practice. there's not much you can read or watch videos about to get your accuracy up besides target practice. it also helps if you can get your guns to shoot as accurately as possible.

I gave up on this, because to me they're just too erratic (I'm used to bullet trajectories), I've decided to get the other solution, high FPS, high ROF gun that literally hoses everything downrange with BB's. you can go that path too but you'll probably be called a newbie.

strategy is something you gain with experience. it can be learned from video games or just lots of airsoft. able to analyze the field, the enemy and how to best complete the objective without getting killed.

if you have those two things you'd win in just about any game. the most important being able to hit your targets.

ServedConsistenly covered all bases fairly well. The only thing I would add is to train in full battle rattle whenever possible. This will reinforce muscle memory and help point out any problems with your gear, e.g. a mag pouch that inhibits your ability to kneel. I myself wouldn't spend too much time just working on your marksmanship. I believe your time would be better spent working on reloading or alternate shooting positions.

Very informative article on REAL gunfighting, although it's meant for mostly law enforcement encounters, the second half is more general gunfighting tips. It is written by former delta operator MSG Paul Howe (participated in battle of mogadishu AKA "Black Hawk Down", known as "Sanderson" in the movie). His tips alone doubled my number of kills in games.

Article is HERE

Also remember that airsoft is a game, in combat you need to be AGGRESSIVE enough in order to survive. In airsoft, all that's going to happen is a walk back to spawn, so there is no limit to how aggressive you can be. But remember, USE YOUR HEAD. You can rest your feet, you can rest your arms, but never give ypur brain a rest, cause if you do, your legs are going to get REALLY tired from all that walking back to spawn.

The greatest weapon you have has no safety and needs no ammo. It's your brain! A smart man with a 20 dollar springer can destroy a dumb man with a Systema PTW. While it may seem like an exaggeration, it isn't. If they're trying to find each other, they both stand a fair chance if they choose to out think theur opponent. While people may talk to you about "marksmanship", let's be honest, There is no REAL marksmanship in airsoft. We just send a high volume of shots towards our target. DO learn to shoot with both hands though, that's CRUCIAL. You will be more versatile and will be able to utilize cover much more effectively. When it comes down to it, however, make sure you use your brain to enable you to be in a position where you can actually take and return fire without getting pinned. It is RIDICULOUSLY easy to get pinned in airsoft considering the high ROF and unrealistic amount of shot output per player. What the second guy said is probably your best bet for getting better. Learn stance and shooting with both hands. Also, make NO mistake, airsoft is first and foremost about tactics and out thinking your opponent, then comes aim. They're not far apart, but tactics do come first. With all that being said, I would still take the Systema and couple it with great tactics ;)

At the field, do what all the good players are doing. Replicate success. Talk to them, get to know the folks so you improve faster.

I am confident you will find great players and teams who won't mind sharing tips with you. That is how I improved my game.

The only problem is that the "good players" are often not so easy to identify off the field, and things are often to chaotic to judge on field unless your spectating. The dude in head to toe magpul will get asked lots of questions, but no one notices when when the guy in nothing but a cargo pants and a T-shirt single-handedly crashes the left flank.

I didn't mention gear to define good players.

The good players are the ones you don't see often at respawn and are moving around and not camping all the time.

They're the ones taking it to opfor while not taking hits. You don't need to find the top players, just ones you believe are better than you in some ways

so you have something to learn by watching and tagging along with them.