Sign in to follow this  
firefish360

Loading Bb's

Hey. I always find it annoying when trying to load a speed loader or hi-cap and the bbs go everywhere but where they should. At my house I have a big container of bbsand just take a handful and pour it into the mag and all the bbs that miss go straight back into the bucket. However when im not at my house I don't want to carry around a big container or spill hundreds off bbs. so I was wondering what you you guys do to solve this problem. Ps im soory if there is already a thread about this but I wasnt sure what to search to find it

Guest alberty

Are you asking about methods to load the reservoir of a speedloader or a hi-cap magazine? I personally just use BB bottles that you can buy from anywhere:

708k0m.jpg

Those hold about 2000 rounds on average, and you can unscrew the tip for loading BBs. Just stick into your speedloader or hi-cap magazine, and shake shake shake.

If I don't have a bottle and I only have a bag or big container or BBs, I still just use one hand to scoop BBs and the other hand to hold the speedloader or hi-cap mag. Just cup your loading hand and let them pour slowly.

For starters, the way you are reloading is not very...efficient. If you take a whole handful of BBs and try to pour them in that small magazine lip, it's not going to work. You should just buy a speedloader or put the BBs in a funnel or soda bottle. Funnels have proven useful to my friends since they don't have speedloaders.

Guest alberty

That's why you're supposed to shake/rattle the bottle as you're loading.

That's why I use soda/lemonade bottles. They are easy to pour from, you get them in various sizes, and they are generally very durable. I've made a funnel out of the top half of a 1.5 liter sodabottle to fill my bottles. They are also easy and cheap to obtain.

Edited by Lefse

I just got a water bottle with a tiny lid. I load it with a funnel at my house, then on the field I can get the lid on and off with one hand, and I just use my fingers to guide the BB's as I pour. My friend loves Ziplock bags because he can still pour the BB's, then can fold up the bag to reduce rattling.

I just got a water bottle with a tiny lid. I load it with a funnel at my house, then on the field I can get the lid on and off with one hand, and I just use my fingers to guide the BB's as I pour. My friend loves Ziplock bags because he can still pour the BB's, then can fold up the bag to reduce rattling.

The best solution is to used a saw ammo can and just dump all your bbs in there. Or you can just use a regular ammo can. But the saw one is bigger. Plus there both easy to carry and cheap. SAW_BOX_AMMO_CAN.jpg

Edited by ACE X-2

I use cylinder shaped water bottles, specifically the Ethos Water bottles found in Starbucks. After they dry out, I fill them with the BB's and get rid of my bags. Each bottle holds about 4,000 BB's, and the hole is the right side to make it easy to pour BB's into whatever you want.

Eclipse Big Packs of gun also work, the ones designed for a car cup holder. You load them through the large top door and use the small front one to fill magazines.