dmoose

Help with first "build"

my friend is giving me 225 dollers of store credit at airsoft megastore. I'm thinking right now to get a jg enhanced m4 and just upgrading it. what would be the best upgrades to make it reliable and accurate with range. I don't care that much about rof. if there is a better m4 carbine that I am missing please let me know. I'm open to sugestions. this is also my first "build" so I can use all the help I can get. thanks.

Look at the stickies and read the forums, you'll find all of the information you need regarding accuracy, tune ups, and general reliability upgrades. These 'upgrades' have been explained time and time again on this forum, and many people do not care to spoon feed yet another random upgrade thread. Sorry to be so blunt and rude but some very simple searching would give you all the info you need.

JGs are fine to start with, otherwise many people recommend G&G CM's but I can't really talk about those since I've never owned one.

Look at the stickies and read the forums, you'll find all of the information you need regarding accuracy, tune ups, and general reliability upgrades. These 'upgrades' have been explained time and time again on this forum, and many people do not care to spoon feed yet another random upgrade thread. Sorry to be so blunt and rude but some very simple searching would give you all the info you need.

JGs are fine to start with, otherwise many people recommend G&G CM's but I can't really talk about those since I've never owned one.

thanks for the info I'll do some searching around.

Quick and easy:

ICS M4 sportlines (pick the one in your budget/you like the most)

madbull tightbore

hand made flat hop

Bag of quality heavy BBs

This is my setup and I cant be happier with the result and the price I paid for everything. If I wanted to upgrade further in the future the split gearbox is a godsend, wish I knew it when I started airsofting and upgrading...

Maybe im a lucky owner, but the ICS hop chamber has given me better results than TM compatible ones, not to mention ICS hops are easier to adjust... again, maybe its just me, but a simply tuned ICS hop with a flat hop mod gives me very nice results, and im not very good with such kind of things.

But even if the hop was total "meh" ics guns features are allways an improvement over TM cloned guns, even more if like the OP you are interested in further modifications, but If I recall correctly, a TM compatible hop chamber can be installed with a bit of work

Dmoose: just google a bit about ICS m4s and their features to decide if they are worth it, just be sure to read about the latest models, as they are the most improved and compatible with regular M4s

Some of the best place for info on the forum is first on the stickies in the respective areas...in your case its in the AEG area and upgrades area. I'm not gonna spoon feed you but I will point you in the right direction.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Aeg-Upgr...ide-t97249.html and look under durability upgrades.

Also, look under upgrades section at AEG internal tweaks.

Some of the best place for info on the forum is first on the stickies in the respective areas...in your case its in the AEG area and upgrades area. I'm not gonna spoon feed you but I will point you in the right direction.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Aeg-Upgr...ide-t97249.html and look under durability upgrades.

Also, look under upgrades section at AEG internal tweaks.

thanks guys for the input the only hard part is that most of the stuff you suggested isn't available on airsoftmegastore and the only reason I have to go from there is because I have store credit there.

Gotten a JG MP5 SD6 from them. I actually don't look much at the product description because I know most of it is marketing. You really just have to know what you're going to get or be aware of the problems that the gun itself might have. Research and reviews is always necessary to read up on.

The enhanced JG is a good start (outstanding GB and motor). It is lipo ready. I own 2 of the GB's and they run flawlessly. I'd just recommend a tbb and a lipo and show the big name (KWA, VFC, G&G, etc, etc) guys up.

The enhanced JG is a good start (outstanding GB and motor). It is lipo ready. I own 2 of the GB's and they run flawlessly. I'd just recommend a tbb and a lipo and show the big name (KWA, VFC, G&G, etc, etc) guys up.

+1

Get the JG, a prometheus or madbull 6.03 barrel, a PDI W-Hold Bucking and a lipo and you'll be showing a lot of players up.