to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
BassDude

balancing airsoft with the rest of life

How do you guys balance airsoft with the rest of your life. Im 15, a student, brother and musician (bassist). I have a $100 KJW KP05 and want a new gun, but I can't get the cash for it for a while. But I also have a $1100 bass, $300 bass, and $1500 bass cabinet and amp... priorities. Anyway, I wanna here other people's thoughts in this.

airsoft takes up pretty much no time whatsoever (1 day every few weeks at most) and after the initial purchases of a couple guns and some necessary gear it's not too bad on the wallet if youre not stupid and don't buy unnecessary junk

pretty easy to balance that.

Edited by Bomb has been planted

Lets just say airsoft consumes a lot of time and money and unless you have both of those don't invest too much into it. you still got a lot ahead of you, college, gf, parties etc itll be a shame to miss it all for a hobby that really wont get you anywhere less you were to join the military.

Guest alberty

Airsoft is a hobby/activity. Like any other hobby, it requires money, time, and effort. Just work out your free time, regardless of what activity it is you need and want the time for.

1000+ dollar in my RS SVD,

800+ dollars in my upgraded VSR-10

500+ dollars in my CQB M4

500+ dollars in my KWA SR-12

total? 2800+

That is the cost for my airsoft guns, which probably take up 90 percent of my airsoft spendings. the rest is on BB's and gear.

Now my Cello is 5000 dollars, and my violin that is dated back to 1742 is over 9000 dollars. keep in mind that I play cello and violin much more than airsoft.

but it all depends on how much you value the hobby. if you like it a lot, to the point it where you run a airsoft based business, then airsoft is probably a large part of your life. But if you play occasionally, maybe not that much. it all depends on the person.

This is a good topic. I am 28, have a 10 year old daughter that plays sports and I work saturdays at my new job. Most of my "Airsofting" has me practicing my snap shot at ghosts through out my home. I did get a chance to play a Sunday game yesterday, which was great... So I get to play once a month or so at local skirmishes but big weekend Ops are out. That's my current balance

I have the exact opposite problem most others have.. I have tons of time dedicated to airsoft, and play almost 2X's a week.. The Money side of things isnt an issue at this point in life and it is much cheaper than my Motorcycle habit was a few years back... Airsoft pays for itself for me at this point.

But Priorities are the most important thing to manage.. I never let Airsoft get in the way of Family time.. I am with Family (Not my home unit) every Sunday.. I make Dinner every nite (Not tonight, I am tired of cooking).. I am also a Stay at home dad, Retired from the Military..

Airsoft is a Hobby, and I can drop it in a heartbeat if needed.. But as of right now, it is my Entertainment, Exercise, and my outlet..

The Airsoft hobby is like other hobbies in general, the more serious and dedicated you are about it, the more money and time it will consume. I've spent more money on Airsoft related stuff than I like to think about, and I spend many evenings tuning my AEG's.If it's just an occasional past time for you, you don't really need to invest more than a few hundred bucks into guns and gear, and if you buy a gun that is well performing and reliable out of the box, and you don't have too high standards regarding performance, you don't need to spend much time maintaining or tuning them.

I like tinkering with technical stuff, and weapons fascinate me, so Airsoft is a perfect hobby for me. Airsoft matches also give me some sorely needed physical exercise, he he.

How do you guys balance airsoft with the rest of your life. Im 15, a student, brother and musician (bassist). I have a $100 KJW KP05 and want a new gun, but I can't get the cash for it for a while. But I also have a $1100 bass, $300 bass, and $1500 bass cabinet and amp... priorities. Anyway, I wanna here other people's thoughts in this.

Bassists for the win! ;)

Just turned 17, graduated High school, in a band, and have no job. I just set priorities. I want like a million things but obviously can't buy them. So for instance I'll show you what I did for my MG36 build. I sold off a bunch of old bass equipment I didn't need, Started spending it in my gun. Soon enough my gun was almost complete. Then I got my car (dad payed for it like he paid for my brothers) and he forced me to spend my remaining $200 into the car which made me miss a super deal on the last thing I needed for my gun (which I have been wanting to build for the past year and a 1/2.) Still waiting on more money to find that part which has been discontinued... But anyways I also bought 2 machete's and movie tickets and food with the money I had. Aswell as buying gas and parts for my car. I basically try and do it simply. I set one main goal and if I really want something while working for goal A, I let myself slide a little :P Right now I'm saving up for a 70's P, VSS, and gear load out aswell as needing to put about another $800 into my car so I can flip it.

As for the time aspect of sides. My band comes first, Job (when I get one) will be second, then having fun third (Airsoft, hanging with friends, etc.)

Edited by Bladez 0f Fury

Another musician here! I admit to spending a lot of money on airsoft but guitar is most of the time my main priority. Ive spent close to $2000 on airsoft and probably around $3000 on guitar and amps. Currently playing my beautiful 1988 Ibanez RG760 with EMG pickups through a Peavey 60w tube amp. Yes.. I play a lot of metal obviously xD

It's simple for me over the summer, because I airsoft on wednesdays with my buddies, as well as every other saturday. I have cross country practice at 7:30 am monday-saturday, and I only work on thursdays, fridays, and saturdays from 4pm to close. On wednesdays I have youth group at 5:30, so my buddies and I meet at the church at 1:00 to airsoft in the woods on its property until about 5:15. Once school hits though, I am only able to airsoft 2 or 3 times each semester because sports get in the way, along with homework and now work. Basically it takes good scheduling, and the (not necessary but certainly helpful)convenience of having where you play at be 1.5 miles from your school. Plus, my only other hobby is PC gaming, and my parents bought my $1200 gaming PC for me for christmas one year, though my games I purchase myself, totalling about $500. That's more than I have invested in airsoft, which I've spent around $400 in guns and equipment over the course of 3 years. It's all really just a question of good scheduling.

You can get buy in this hobby with a $150 gun, $20 in bb's, and $10-$20 for admission. Do you need to spend thousands of dollars? Of course not. There are two parts to a hobby: doing it and buying stuff for it. I found a lot of people like to buy stuff for their hobbies over actually doing it. But if all you want to do is play, you can play for cheap, and little start-up cost. (I recommend a kwa cqr, very inexpensive but hq gun for newbies).

For a while.. until you become a gear wh***. (apparently I'm not allowed to type that.. lol)

I, personally, prefer to play over buy stuff. But mostly because I never have the money to buy stuff, I have a huge list of what I want. :P But my two team mates prefer buying thousands of dollars in gear and then sitting around their house in it for days, over actually playing lol. I like to save up my money for gas, admission, bb's, and broken guns.

Bri

Edited by Mutinous Creations

You can get buy in this hobby with a $150 gun, $20 in bb's, and $10-$20 for admission. Do you need to spend thousands of dollars? Of course not. There are two parts to a hobby: doing it and buying stuff for it. I found a lot of people like to buy stuff for their hobbies over actually doing it. But if all you want to do is play, you can play for cheap, and little start-up cost. (I recommend a kwa cqr, very inexpensive but hq gun for newbies).

For a while.. until you become a gear wh***. (apparently I'm not allowed to type that.. lol)

I, personally, prefer to play over buy stuff. But mostly because I never have the money to buy stuff, I have a huge list of what I want. :P But my two team mates prefer buying thousands of dollars in gear and then sitting around their house in it for days, over actually playing lol. I like to save up my money for gas, admission, bb's, and broken guns.

Bri

That gun is still a bit more than some newbies can afford. I know that because some of my friends that are just getting into airsoft can't afford to drop another $50 into a gun when they don't need to. CYMA AKs seem to be popular, as are any M4 variant. The CYMA M14 is one I would suggest, but it is a little big and heavy, so its not right for everyone.

Being in the military, I almost never get to play but I still buy gear once in a while and every time I go home we play. I also enjoy making short films and hope to one day make movies so I use a lot of my airsoft gear doing that as well. Even if you don't get to play that often set aside some time to play, once in a while once a month is better than not at all.