to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
patrickdieter12

Spring Pistols

This probably should be in another catagory, but I'll ask anyway... does anyone appreciate spring pistols? Or should they be scrapped for gas pistols? Feel free to reply.

Completely worthless. When you can obtain even a cheapie gas pistol for $25, why would you ever get a spring pistol?

Guest alberty

Depends what you mean, like, liking in what purpose? I like to have them as a plinker, something you just fire softly at things with, for cheap. I wouldn't be using them in any gaming situation though, not even as like some "ultra backup". If my main electric or gas weapons go down, I wouldn't seriously considering spending the rest of the time using a springer, I'd just leave the AO and get another weapon...

Sometimes its fun to carry one in CQB, and shoot someone point blank with it while exclaiming "springer kill!"

For playing, they are pretty useless, but for collecting, plinking, they honestly arent that bad.

Once when a friend of mine bought something from Evike (I don't buy anything from retailers, only used stuff from craigslist) I asked him to get me the $1 pistol, best $1 I ever spent. Get it, it will bring you so many lolz!!!

In all my years involved in this hobby arguably the best fun I've ever had from any one gun is a springer: Tokyo Marui Gindan. It's a double action, semi automatic springer intended for kids and is extremely low powered (70 fps on .12g). While it's near useless for proper skirmish even if everyone took their shirts off, everyone takes turns grabbing my guns in between games in the safe zone. It's so weak we don't even bother wearing eye protection as our primary targets is each others nuts and :censored2: anyway.

But for the usual springer pistols that you have to :censored2: each time, the ones by Tokyo Marui look good and to some degree shoot decent (250fps) while being on the cheap side and make good holster fillers.

Guest alberty

True, everyone brings up a good point in that you can use one to try to give yourself a difficult challenge in CQB or something. Personally though, I use tri-shots as my spring-powered weapon of choice for any CQB games, and if not a tri-shot I've got some single-shot spring-powered shotguns and rifles if I want a more challenging night.

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier in regards to just plinking around with springers, is that aside from springer pistols, any spring-powered weapon in general is nice for just shooting around because you won't be spending any gas or battery power. When you just want to mess around (safely), why waste your costly gas or use up electricity, haha.

I play with a bunch of friends on a farm belonging to the family of one of the guys (yes we do it all properly) and this past summer I had traded away my TM M16A3 but had not yet received the G&G MP5 I currently use, so I used a Crosman spring 1911 for a few games. I actually did fairly decently, though bear in mind about half of the group of 20 or so uses spring guns of some sort and I'm among the most experienced, and the AEGs are limited to semi auto. But having only a very light gun allowed me to act as more of a recon man, and I got a couple kills as well. While very slow moving, the shots are accurate to around 100', I was rather surprised by their usefulness actually.

hey to be honest if everyone has springers they can be a great time. Some of my most fun games were with my spring pistol! miss that guy.