Sign in to follow this  
Animalmother

Qustion about KWA G36C

I have the KWA G36C 2GX I got on Sep 13, 2010 from NoLimitAirsoft.

I was wondering if since then has there been any updates to the G36C other then H&k markings? Sep 13, 2010 was quite some time ago. Anything change in the models KWA is currently selling?

I have not shot more then 10,000-15,000rnds through it. No maintenance other then cleaning the barrel. I never left the spring compressed on full auto while it's in storage. I make sure to decompress the spring. It's a completely stock KWA G36C. Don't know what it is shooting at now but with all things I said considered what velocity would you expect it to be currently if I used .28 BBs or .25sBBs? (Quote from my BB thread)

I have not touched the thing. It's stock, I have been using a 7.4V 2000mah Lipo. Maintenance needed? Has my velocity dropped since I got it?

I even put scotch tape on the barrel when it's in my closet to prevent dust from going down the barrel.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Sorry for Grammer/Spelling. My fingers are sometimes clumsy on the small screen of the iPhone.

Edited by Animalmother

Your probably around 350fps with the.25s if the gun was advertised at 400fps.

With .28s your around 325. I doubt you lost a considerable amount of fps over time. Maybe 15.

Hmmm... Thank you for the reply.

Anyone else?

Thanks for any help guys.

Edited by Animalmother

It seems that you have taken very good care of it, and I doubt you have lost much FPS if any at all. Your looking at 320 fps with .28s, probably around 350 with .25s, and since you havent been running an 11.1 your internals will be fine, and in good shape. Now, if you wnated to upgrade you could just drop in a tightbore, EDGI or Prometheus, and since its a KWA you wouldn't be wise to start replacing any other parts.

It seems that you have taken very good care of it, and I doubt you have lost much FPS if any at all. Your looking at 320 fps with .28s, probably around 350 with .25s, and since you havent been running an 11.1 your internals will be fine, and in good shape. Now, if you wnated to upgrade you could just drop in a tightbore, EDGI or Prometheus, and since its a KWA you wouldn't be wise to start replacing any other parts.

Oh man, thanks allot that's good to hear.

Recently cleaned the barrel/bucking and it shot so much better.

When you guys clean the barrel do you remove the hopup/barrel or just clean it with the with the stuff inside the gun? I usually clean in while the barrel/hopup is still in the gun but since I rarely play but I took out last time.

Also, I noticed on my KWA G36 than the bucking sticks in the barrel a little. Removed it, cleaned it. Did what I can but it still somewhat protrudes in the barrel a tiny bit. Doesn't seem to be an issue and provided no hop but what do you guys make of it? Checked it all out buckings fine nothing seems pinched. May not be a problem at all.

Thanks again guys.

Edited by Animalmother