VonGrugen

Next Upgrades?

Greetings all. I have been doing a series of small upgrades to my G&G CM m4a1.

About every 2-3 weeks, sometimes longer, sometimes sooner I have been spending $50-$100 on upgrades.

What I've done so far internally:

- Replaced inner barrel to Madbull Python v2 6.03mm

- PCS Hopup Nub

- System Hopup bucking

Externally:

- Magpul Moe Handguard

- Magpul CRT Stock

I just ordered today:

- 16awg silicon wiring

- SHS Piston

- SHS Shims

- Nylon T-Connectors (Deans)

As soon as the order arrives I plan to reshim the gearbox and correct the AoE and to rewire the gun from a-z with deans connections.

What is next? And where are the best places to buy stuff? I am thinking that my next step internally is to either buy or build a mosfet and switch to lipo batteries. What else? Should I look into a new motor? New gears? What would you recemmend next and where would you recemmend to buy it at the best price?

Its over 120 miles to a real airsoft field, but my friend and I have leased a piece of land and build some bunkers, sniper perches and other things in a heavily wooded area located by the Yakima River in W. Richland, WA and have been hosting some smaller matches (4v4-6v6). So whatever upgrades I do ought to be someone who plays solely in the outdoors.

R-hop up would probably be better than that bucking. If you are going to rewire it you might as well make a mosfet. I would build one like this. Along with standard mods like AoE, shims, and grease you could easily run an 11.1 lipo with a mosfet. My favorite place to buy parts is Clandestine Airsoft

I agree, an RHOP should be your next upgrade. If you are running a stock spring a new motor will not necessary, nor new gears (I run the stock G&G gears in both my 450 and 550 FPS rifles). Also, avoid the MOE pistol grip as it seems to miss align the motor a bit and make it really screamy on G&Gs, I only mention cause you have other MOE furniture

I appreciate the response. That is an excellent guide for building a mosfet and as of the time of this writing the parts (Minus wiring and shrink wrap, solder, nuts+bolt) come to $7.75, so cheap. Thanks, I think that along with a lipo will be my next upgrade. I know there are a ton of resources here and while I am going to search the forum, where is your favorite place to buy lipo's and chargers?

Other upgrades I ought to do? I was thinking of going with a m130 spring, torque-up gearset and a new shs high torque motor. Clandestine for those of course, should they have them in stock.

[edit]

Didn't see your response when I posted Wonderbread. Thanks.

R-Hop. I might have to read the guide and see how much work it would be. Right now I am pretty happy with my current hopup setup but I will have to read a bit more on the r-hop. I am rather sad to read about the moe grip, cause that was going to be coming along shortly, too. You ever tried a MAID grip? Does it cause the same issues? I rather dislike the stock grip, but just haven't gotten around to changing it. (More pressing issues, first)

Edited by VonGrugen

Thanks, I think that along with a lipo will be my next upgrade. I know there are a ton of resources here and while I am going to search the forum, where is your favorite place to buy lipo's and chargers?

This site has plenty of 7.4 and 11.1 lipos with deans connectors and some good chargers.

Edit: Those batteries will only fit in a full stock. This site has crane stock and buffer tube batteries.

Edited by unlimitedRA1N

I have used a pts magpul moe motor grip with slight modification and worked perfectly. DO GET A NEW MOTOR, G&G cm motors are litterally crap. Get a JG blue or just a shs torque motor

Yes, I would get a new motor because the ones that come in G&G motors are terrible, like the person above me said. IF you really want to overhaul the gearbox, get a new piston/piston head, and new gears. SHS makes good gears, except their bevel, go with the stock bevel gear. It would help us if you specified what you wanted to achieve, like a RPS, FPS.

Where I play is a heavily wooded area, but it also has some wide open clearings. We've used a lot of pallets and whatnot. So what I would like is to get a decent rps (Around 25 would be a good goal), but I would also like to be able to lob some .28/.3's downrange pretty well. Lots of foliage and under brush so heavier bb's are key.

Summery:

Good RPS and good FPS are both important for my area of play.

I have only used the stock grip, I like it so never needed to change. An M130 spring may be pushing some FPS limits (my GR16 shot 470 with one so I had to cut mine to get it in at 450) and I would not recomend putting one in the CM, the plastic body will warp leading to gearbox cracking. I Just had to re-do my CM for this exact reason. If it were my build I would replace the: piston head, Cylinder, cylinder head, spring guide, M120 tops, and while your in there maybe a sector gear chip to improve feeding, a new motor, mosfet, RHOP, and lastly a 6.03 barrel. I have this exact build in a GR16 (with the custom cut M130) and it is a beast. This is also the same setup I now have in my CM only its a cut M110 to use as a CQB/Night gun. It shoots 320FPS at 18RPS and with the RHOP I can hit a target at 150ft 8 out of 10 with G&G .3gram black bbs.