to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
lnFAMOUS

Give up airsoft for paintball?

I played airsoft, but also played paintball. I am thinking of moving over to paintball. If anybody who played both, can tell me what you thought was more fun and why?

I have played both, I like airsoft much better for many reasons, like it is cheaper to play airsoft ($15 for 5000 rounds vs $50+ for 2000 rounds) you don't HAVE to buy co2 to play airsoft whereas paintball needs a gas propellant, airsoft is more accurate, airsoft is more milsim, paintball is messy, and many other pros for airsoft. I am sitting here trying to think of pros for paintball and I can't really think of any.

I have played both, I like airsoft much better for many reasons, like it is cheaper to play airsoft ($15 for 5000 rounds vs $50+ for 2000 rounds) you don't HAVE to buy co2 to play airsoft whereas paintball needs a gas propellant, airsoft is more accurate, airsoft is more milsim, paintball is messy, and many other pros for airsoft. I am sitting here trying to think of pros for paintball and I can't really think of any.

A real competitive scene, guns that are reliable enough to be fired constantly for thousands of rounds and don't need any upgrades out of the box, more fields (at least for me), the whole 'you can visibly confirm a hit' thing, no batteries to charge, and HPA is included in infinite supply with entry at almost every field (because only pistoleros and stock classers use co2 anymore).

Also, the accuracy and range of paintball guns are fairly uniform, meaning that it is very difficult to win just by having a better gun. That's an interesting quirk I like about paintball: the best players there are just as likely to have the worst gun as the best.

In the end, the decision has to come from you and you alone.

Edited by ServedConsistently

A real competitive scene, guns that are reliable enough to be fired constantly for thousands of rounds and don't need any upgrades out of the box, more fields (at least for me), the whole 'you can visibly confirm a hit' thing, no batteries to charge, and HPA is included in infinite supply with entry at almost every field (because only pistoleros and stock classers use co2 anymore).

Also, the accuracy and range of paintball guns are fairly uniform, meaning that it is very difficult to win just by having a better gun. That's an interesting quirk I like about paintball: the best players there are just as likely to have the worst gun as the best.

In the end, the decision has to come from you and you alone.

well this is all true, but with the "infinite supply with entry" also comes a $30 entry fee (at least at my local field) plus ammo. thats like a $70 day... My local airsoft field is $10 entry, $15 ammo, so thats a $35 day. even the most expensive airsoft place in my area is only $25 entry.

well this is all true, but with the "infinite supply with entry" also comes a $30 entry fee (at least at my local field) plus ammo. thats like a $70 day... My local airsoft field is $10 entry, $15 ammo, so thats a $35 day. even the most expensive airsoft place in my area is only $25 entry.

Airsoft guns are more realistic. No hoppers and a airsoft milsim game beats woodsball any day of the week. Paintball snipers are a joke that I find very amusing. Less fighting. Unlike paintball airsoft requires honor to play. Better group of people, since the only players that stay in the sport are honest players.

I just went paintballing today. tbh, paintball isn't really my play style. first of all, there is the marker. its just awkward to hold and use. then there is the fact that its elimination so there isn't respawn. I find myself camping behind a bunker or cover a lot more, because I don't want to be out of the game. airsoft, if you are hit, just go back to respawn, and I find myself taking more risks that way, which adds to the fun.

But it is up to you. I suggest you do both, because they are both terrific outdoor sports. there is no reason to go one way or the other.

I just went paintballing today. tbh, paintball isn't really my play style. first of all, there is the marker. its just awkward to hold and use. then there is the fact that its elimination so there isn't respawn. I find myself camping behind a bunker or cover a lot more, because I don't want to be out of the game. airsoft, if you are hit, just go back to respawn, and I find myself taking more risks that way, which adds to the fun.

But it is up to you. I suggest you do both, because they are both terrific outdoor sports. there is no reason to go one way or the other.

Some airsoft games are also elimination.

Guest alberty

Were you playing speedball? Keep in mind that there is woodsball and MilSim markers as well.

I also agree that both paintball and airsoft are fine sports. Each can offer you different styles of play, and there is not something defines either one as better.

The only pro that paintball has over airsoft imo is that paintball is more popular with the mainstream crowd. Airsoft has kind of a negative connotation and is thought by many to be associated with nerds and little kids. A lot of people do not realize that you can easily drop over $1k into an airsoft gun and that they are not just those cheap wallmart things. The nerds part I kind of agree with though haha.

Edited by 2Wheels4Ever