Sign in to follow this  
Mangeezer

The best airsoft repair site

I'm going to buy a new lancer tactical MK18 AEG M4 that has 400 fps, which is great, but not great for me. I want an Airsoft gun that for $100, is made very well. From the reviews, The Lancer has very good internal parts, which is why it can shoot 400 fps. But my friends won't let me use a gun with that much velocity.The unfortunate thing is all the 250-300 fps AEGS under $100 are all kind of crappy. So my solution is to lower the velocity of the Lancer. I think the best way to do this is to but in a weaker spring, which I can't do DIY. So I want to send it in to a Airsoft repair and ugrade site, but I don't know which one is the best for this upgrade or the best deal.

Which is the best?

I was thinking about Airsoft extreme

Are they good?

Need some good experienced info. :a-confused:

Guest alberty

Unless your friends are not wearing good eye protection, I don't see a reason why they can't let you play, 400 FPS is the average FPS of a lot of stock AEGs and a lot of fields use close to that number as their field limit. What's to stop them from changing other requirements, like mid-caps only or pistols-only or something?

Something else you can try is leaving the spring compressed for a while, but I don't know how much power drop to expect precisely.

Ahh man, those lancers were originally going to ship with 330-360FPS... oh well first off, yell at your friends for not allowing a 400FPS gun, because as alberty said, its the basic field limit. Also where do u live/ do you want to bring your gun in to a stop or ship it to a store like AirsoftGI? Also if you don't mind if the gun isn't an M4, you could get a Galaxy MP5K. It has a full metal gearbox, fairly decent internals, and it only shoots at 315FPS which sounds like what your friends may be more accustomed to, plus its only 80-100$ depending on where u buy.

Edited by Shark8514

An upgrade will cost at least 50$ shipped. I'd suggest ASGI.

I'd suggest spending $175 and you could have a very nice starter gun, battery, charger and amm.

ASGI and any major store are terrible ideas. They will often times leave your gun in worse condition than when it left. The best airsoft techs are all freelance, with notable names such as HS5 and Star_Folder. Get in contact with one of them if you want major overhauling. Spring swaps can be done yourself with minimal tool requirements.

And considering that shipping through UPS each way is at least 25, figure a budget of roughly $90 to have it shipped out, new parts bought, worked on, and shipped back. (50 shipping, ~30 tech labor, $10 for a spring) or just do it yourself for 10 + time.

I agree, a spring swap is easy. No matter you you look at it, shipping it to someone is going to be expensive for just a spring swap. For what you could do with $10 and a hour of your time (since your new to the gearbox), the quote that Lon3Wolf gave you of $90 is pretty accurate. Most techs such as myself usually charge around $30 for a gun. Some are more, some are less. Places like ASGI, Evike, and AEX aren't going to be much better. They will have a parts fee, bench fee, and then usually have an hourly fee as well. On top of that, they have a line of guns waiting, so it might be a month or more before you see your gun back, and there is a good chance that they send it back to you in non-working condition.

If you are really against doing it yourself, I would suggest going on your local forum and finding a local tech. This will keep the cost down.

OR do what most techs do, Watch youtube dissasebly/reassembly guide on gearbox work. Its Very easy to pick up, and there really isnt much to working on aeg's as there isnt that many parts.

when is started to learn about gearbox work I bought a Cyma CM 28 here 3 years ago for $70 bucks, back when we all used Double eagle/Crossman Lpegs. And since then our little group up to Higher end guns, and seen airsoft expand rapidlly up here in NE wisconsin in the past 2 years, our bi monthly events brining anywhere from 30-80+ per game. Its quite fun, but sometimes its a bLAST XD