Sign in to follow this  
leonvx671

RA Tech We Tech 416 GBB vs. VFC 416 GBB

So in the near future I'll be grabbing myself a 416 GBB but not sure which one to choose.

I want a good choice based on build and longevity.

I went towards RA TECH 416 because they pretty much fixed and reinforced everything that would ever break.

Then I saw the VFC 416 GBB...which has the correct furniture and they've always been known for their quality.

So which one would be the better buy...The RA tech costs maybe a good 40-50 bucks extra over the VFC

I recommend the WE HK416. I made the mistake of selling my perfectly working WE HK416 to get the VFC HK416.

The first VFC HK416 I got had problems with double firing on semi (one shot on trigger press and another on release) and the bolt catch never worked correctly. It was returned a few days later for a refund.

Gave VFC another chance and ordered another HK416, but the charge handle latch and the valve striker both broke in under 20 shots, rendering the GBB useless. Had to get a refund again.

Went back to the WE HK416 (the AFC version with full trades) and haven't had a single problem since.

The WE GBBR may have the least realistic FCG compared to the other M4/416 GBBRs, but it's built solid. The furniture on the WE isn't as accurate as the VFC but I replace most of mine with rs Magpul parts anyways. Note that the buffer tube diameter on the VFC isn't exactly mil-spec, my mil-spec CTR stock wobbled on it whereas it locked firmly in place on the WE's buffer tube.

I kind of wanted to keep it true to its H&K roots...lol being an H&K addict...

RA Tech 416 pretty much changed out all that would ever break in the WE Tech 416...so I wonder about the durability on the VFC.

Blacktalon just explained to you how 2 VFC's he owned broke, while his two WE's worked perfectly without hassle...