to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Star_folder

Summer Build Off 2012 Discussion Thread

Well, I guess it's about time to start his up again. Same as the last few build offs, I need 10 judges, first come first serve.

I'm glad to see there's so much hype for this year's build off. Let's see if we can break 30 entries this summer. Like the winter build off, the entries will be taken from the first day of summer to the last day of summer, June 20th to Sept. 21st.

I'm thinking a similar way of doing it as the winter build off, a point based system. I might need to tweak the categories a little bit, but as judges, you should be prepared to take a little time judging the entries.

As the build off wears on, I'll update this post with rules and regulations on entering your guns, but you can expect them to be similar to how they have been in the past.

So, let's get this going. Just post here, or PM me that you want to be a judge, and why you think you are qualified to be a judge.

Judges:

renegadecow

airborne101

GamingNow

RBairsofter

Short/Stack

airsoftdecimater

unlimitedRA1N

SHWELL

blaudeman123

TheStig_1201

For researching purposes, here is the previous build off. It would be a good idea to learn from what was done, and what was entered, as this build off will be very similar to it.

Winter Build Off 2012 Discussion Thread.

Winter Build Off 2012 ENTRIES THREAD

Edited by Star_folder

S-F there is another thread in here where a few people volunteered to judge..

I will be entering this one for a change.. I havent done a "Bolt-On" entry in a year or so...

I will still be active in keeping things clean..

As for previews...

duoGP012.jpg

If they havent been entered into previous builds, they can be entered...

Do you really think the builds being entered are being started today?

And a Techs guns are never finished. NEVER..

All of the rifles I have seen so far are excellent. I'm not so sure on entering seeing the fierce competition (not to mention my lack of and cash and tech experience). I'll probably give it a shot though. I'm really just thinking of getting my rifle to be much more accurate, as well as faster firing, with some form of enhanced optics. Maybe I'll dual mount a red dot and a standard scope with it. I really don't know yet though. Past that, maybe I'll paint it if I can afford that. Too bad the rifle isn't German, because Flecktarn would look pretty cool. What do you guys think of Flecktarn on an M14?

You can never go wrong with flek. I say go for it. Something different than the norm.

Most of my exterior stuff is off the shelf bolt ons. I focus on what works best for my playing style and comfort levels. Some will love it, some will hate it, and most will be confused by the tacticoolness of it.. the internals are a completely different story. So much research, trail and error, and time is put into each gearbox. The thing that works to my benefit is that I work in stages. Every mod is done in an order that allows them to be done one at a time and keep the gun usable in between mods. My LMT is the exception because I had a lot of the work done for me. This is only the second time I have entrusted another tech to build a fun for me internally with no budget limit. Usually my builds consist of parts that most airsofters can afford. This time I am entering 2 builds..

We all approach these builds differently. This usually equates to a buildoff with a lot of unique builds and showcasing what can be done with airsoft guns. Whether you are new to this, or a chairsofter (like me) who collects and builds great stuff, this contest is here for us all to enjoy.

Good luck to everyone. I am excited. The winter build off was mind blowing.

And a Techs guns are never finished. NEVER..

Amen Shwell. I can't think of coming home from a single game, and not being happy some aspect or another with my gun and so it hits my work bench. There is AWAYS something that can be improved.

That's too true, I don't think it has ever gone more than a month before I do a re-tune of one or more of my guns. In the past this has been mostly because of unreliability, but now it's more because I wanna fine tune the performance. Oh well, keeps me busy on rainy evenings hehe.

Stig, that is the ticket...

I will try and bump them later. But I recommend everyone entering for the first time, take a moment and check out the last Build off entry thread.. And the discussion thread.. There are prime examples of how to/not to enter the contest.. There were a few entries that suffered from a lack of effort in the actual entry post.

Pics

Details

Vids

Test Results (Accuracy, Chrono, ROF)

If the gun is a one off, progess photos help (Not necessary)

There is no such thing as "Too much information" when it comes to giving the Judges an idea of how much work you put in, and small details they may miss.

That's a good suggestion, Shwell. I've added links to the previous build off in the OP so you guys can check them out.

We've got 4 judges, we need 6 more.

And I feel like it should be said that if you've entered in previous build offs, you can still enter in this one. The only reason you can't enter a gun is if it won something last year. For example, if Renegadecow was entering again this year, he couldn't use his china lake, because it was awarded last year. He would have to enter another gun, or one of his others.

For the rest of the rules, you can see the Winter Build off Entry Thread in the OP, the rules will basically be the exact same as those.

Added you to the list Short/Stack. Still need 5 more judges.

You know... I don't actually do any judging... and previous "runners" have entered into the competition... I might just have to drop a pretty little project I've been working on into the competition.

I'm building a gas shotgun right now. although I don't know if I'll make it before the contest ends... I'm really in no hurry to finish it, I doubt it'll be allowed at airsoft fields anyway. it's not a normal multishot airsoft shotgun.

cobbled together from miscellaneous airgun parts and alot of homemade parts, it is really nothing more than a clone of a clone of a Mossberg 500 shotgun that uses CO2 instead of gunpowder, it shoots 28- .12 gram plastic BBs instead of 7/8 ounce of lead shot, and it'll (probably) make 265 fps instead of 1300.

Basically I'm not happy with existing multishot shotguns and decided to build my own. it really shouldn't be that hard...

keeping interest high

DSC_0044.jpg

Looks nice. I like the camo on the upper definetely. Don't really like the mag though. I've just seen too many people using them as an excuse not to aim and to just hose down an area rather than try to make an accurate shot. I can understand for people trying to use it as a support rifle, but not for people that just try to run and gun. But I guess if it works, it works.

LOL... I test everything that is sent to me. I am a midcap guy myself, but since this is the fastest gun I have right now (38rps), I was testing this mag with this to see if it could keep up with the ROF.. My Pics rarely represent my in game setups.

Again, that pic was posted merely to keep people checking on the build off..

The entries so far seem to be pretty good. I have to say that Cheese Man's bolt action rifle looks wonderful, and seems like it was properly upgraded too. Of course, all of his guns show what a person with more money than most could spend on airsoft could attain.