to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Star_folder

Summer Build Off 2012 Discussion Thread

Alright 7/10 judges. And I believe both threads are fully up to date now with the judge list and they have all their proper links and whatnot.

Cheese Man, way to blow the doors down on this build off!

Unless I completely misunderstand what you just said, allow me to correct you (no insult/offense meant, of course).

I am the same person who posted the classics. I asked if people would like to see one or two more (when they're finished - still in pieces for cleaning).

Edited by Cheese Man

You are misunderstanding. Your guns are top notch, some of the best I have seen. But your entry threads are lacking a bit of information. If you look at the previous build offs, there were builds that missed the mark purely based on the lack of proof. Or should I say, information that backs up performance claims.

A good example is killbuckets entries. He had some nice builds but all he posted was pics and the name. He lost presentation points and they really hurt his overall score..

I'd hate to see your entries suffer over technicalities. You have time to add more info.

RGC, I want that Shotty.. Sell it to me NOW!

And I will take your place as a judge if you want.. All the guns I wanted to enter, failed during Testing and filming.. So no entering for me..

RGC, I want that Shotty.. Sell it to me NOW!

And I will take your place as a judge if you want.. All the guns I wanted to enter, failed during Testing and filming.. So no entering for me..

NO NO NO.

RC Wasn't supposed to compete! He was supposed to give everyone else a chance!!!

I keed. Do whatcha want. :P

Side note, I'm traveling out of state for a week. When I get back, I hope to enter at least 1 AEG, hopefully more.

I won't be able to make this build off but maybe the winter one. I just don't have much money to get upgrades for my ebr. Anyways Cheese Man that bolt action looks awsome, and where did you get that rail system for it?

M99

I am just going to Judge.. It is fine..

*Note to Judges... Please refrain from Commenting on the entries before the Judging period. We do not want to seem biased....

I will be a judge, I believed I messaged star folder.

EDI all I have to say is......WOW!

And I don't say that all that often lol.

But that SR-25 is pure sexiness in every way.

One of my fav builds I've seen in a very long time.

Congrats bro (tips hat), great job :D

I did post a gun in the last winter buildoff, and my current guns are better than the junk I posted then, but they aren't quite as good as the ones already posted. Hm, could be fun to post my AUG, it's not as nice as the other guns in the buildoff, but it's a gun I love to bits. I've rebuilt the internals several times and spent a large amount of money on it, because I just don't have the heart to get rid of my old buddy. :)

Welp, looks like this will close within the next few hours. Just enough time to get any last minute submissions in. Remember, once the thread is closed, it's closed. No more entries will be accepted.

This is my 3rd build off (I think) that I have judged. Every year they have gotten better, although this time, the numbers were off a bit. But the quality was WAY higher.

Also, thanks Star for running this.

Cheese Man Asashi Bushmaster - 6.571428571

Cheese Man MGC G17 - 6.428571429

Cheese Man CA M24 CASV - 7.666666667

Airsoftkid295 G&G CM - 4.952380952

Woogie_man SBR G-Spec - 5.857142857

drat77 P* M4 - 7.857142857

drat77 P* XCR - 7.428571429

EDI 1st DSG-25 SPR - 8.142857143

jackster802 SCAR-L - 5.761904762

wolfgeorge Golden Gun - 7.900793651

Bladez 0f Fury MG36 - 6.579365079

FluffyBoy32 KJW 1911A1 - 7.115079365

Lefse AUG - 6.571428571

wolfgeorge M1911 (silver) - 8.043650794

FluffyBoy32 G&P WOC - 7.317460317

Wolfgeorge's silver M1911 came in first place in the looks portion of the competition, With his Golden Gun as a close second. FluffyBoy32's pistol came in third. Drat77's XCR P* and FluffyBoy32's WOC tied for most attractive Assault rifle. Woogie_man's G-spec was considered a better looker than Cheese Man's M24 by a hair.

The pattern continues with Build Quality, with Wolfgeorge's Silver M1911 coming in first place, and his Golden Gun tying second place with EDI_1st's SR-25.

Lastly, when judged by performance numbers, EDI_1st's DSG took the prize, followed by Cheese Man's CA M24, and thirdly, Drat77's M4.

I want to thank everyone for their patience, I want to apologize that it has taken so long to get the results up. I will not be returning to run another Build Off for a while, However, I've spoken with one of the judges who will likely keep it going. I want to personally thank TheStig, for helping me with the numbers, and to all the judges for helping judge the results. Thank you contestants for entering, I hope everyone had fun. Congratulations to all the winners.

Good job as usual brother... no one took the bait.. lol... you did a bang up job as usual..

Good luck to future build offs. This is the last one I will be involved in.. no more judging or entry for me..

Hopefully the next few will have efforts to prove claimed performance.. 95% of the entries got a score of 5/10 in the performance category from me..

Beautiful guns guys. The pistols were beautiful..