Sign in to follow this  
Lefse

CA P90 vs. KS P90

I'm in the market for a new P90. Two alternatives have caught my eye, the KS P90 and the CA P90. I think the CA P90 is a sportline btw. They are similarily priced, but the KS P90 has metal rails, that and it's slightly lower price and good customer reviews makes it tempting.

The CA P90 have plastic rails, is lsightly more expensive, but it's a Classic Army gun. I have a CA AUG A2, I've replaced all internals through upgrades, but the stock internals were pretty good, and externally it's 10 times better than the JG AUG A2.

So, finally I get to my actual question: I know what to expect internally from the CA P90, but I have barely even heard of the KS brand. Does anyone have any experience with the KS P90, how is it's internals? How strong are the gears and piston? Metal or plastic bushings? How good is the hop-up chamber and barrel? How strong is the motor?

I'm planning on running a 25ish rps setup with an M110 spring. I'm confident that I'll make the CA P90 handle that with some thorough tuning. If the KS P90 has equal or better internals than the CA P90, I'll consider getting that one.

Edited by Lefse

Guest alberty

I don't remember what the internals are like in all KS P90s, but I think it's metal (copper?) bushings, plastic spring guide, basic torque motor. The KS P90 is the OEM of the Echo 1 E90. TM clone, but with the V2/V3 regular bushings and full metal upper receiver. Out of box, performance is okay but definitely could use tuning, and shoots hot like around 400 FPS with 0.20g BBs, usually need to downgrade for CQB fields.

The Classic Army Sportline P90 is also TM clone but is all plastic except for the rails on the tri-rail version. The internals are the same quality as CA Sportline M4s--blue everything like blue inner barrel, blue plastic bushings, blue cylinder...out of box the performance was alright and chronos around 330 FPS with 0.20g BBs, so it passes for a lot of CQB places already.

I would take a look at the new King Arms P90 AEGs, they're pretty good. I've already seen the gearbox of one, everything I liked except plastic spring guide.

Hm, my budget is kinda flexible, getting a decent tax return in a few weeks, that's why I'm shopping for a new toy, hehe. I still wanna keep it fairly cheap though, that's why I've looked at the KS and Sportline. The KA P90 seems to be a good compromise. Well, I don't think it would be a compromise really. I've only had one KA gun, the Thompson, and that was very good. Sold it though, as it didn't really suit my game style.

Don't think there are any Asian retailers with the KA P90 in stock, but I see Evike has it and at a reasonable price even. I'm gonna do a full tune-up of it, so it just have to have fairly strong parts. I guess I'll go for the KA P90. Thanks a bunch for the info on the internals of the sportline P90.

Guest alberty

Oh in case I made a misunderstanding, I did mean to say that the CA Sportline P90 internals are similar to CA Sportline M4 internals--still a metal gearbox, high torque motor, etc...not plastic internals except for the bushings and spring guide.

The KS P90 is fine, for the price. It shoots way hot, and the stock hop isn't that great, but it is put together very well. I haven't had any problems externally, or internally for that matter. However, the KA one looks a bit better on the inside. I haven't had great experiences with CA, but I haven't had their P90, so I can;t speak there.

Source: I own a Echo - 1 (KS) P90.

I have of course considered the CA Proline P90, the problem is it seems like everything is out of stock everywhere lately. I have a CA Proline Steyr AUG A2, and it had excellent externals, and also decent internals, so it's probably a similar story with the Proline P90. I would think the KA P90 is on par with the CA Prolin P90, and it's similarily priced too.

I have of course considered the CA Proline P90, the problem is it seems like everything is out of stock everywhere lately. I have a CA Proline Steyr AUG A2, and it had excellent externals, and also decent internals, so it's probably a similar story with the Proline P90. I would think the KA P90 is on par with the CA Prolin P90, and it's similarily priced too.

Like alberty said, the CA P90 has the standard sportline internals, the blue inner barrel, bushings, and piston. I have one and the internals are decent, but to be honest, the exterior is not. It is all plastic, and breaks alarmingly easy. If you have the money I would definitely go with the KA P90.

Guest alberty
Like alberty said, the CA P90 has the standard sportline internals, the blue inner barrel, bushings, and piston. I have one and the internals are decent, but to be honest, the exterior is not. It is all plastic, and breaks alarmingly easy. If you have the money I would definitely go with the KA P90.

What about the Proline version, that one should have different internals right?