to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
AxelR

Help me get a LiPo battery

So after realizing the fact that LiPos are better than Ni-Mh I am going to get one. Now, the only issue is that I hardly know anything about them. I want to get a 7.4V because that is what my gun can handle, but what brand should I get, and from what website? Also, what do I need? I know I need the battery and charger obviously, but besides that. Thanks alot!

The main thing with lipos is to not buy them from any airsoft site. Stick to an rc hobby site like Hobby King. Pretty much any of the batteries there would work fine, just look for a battery that will fit in your gun and is 20c or higher. All you really need is a simple balance charger, but if you want to spend more, a 4 button charger has some nice features besides just charging your battery. You might need to solder on your own connector, deans hopefully, but they do have some batteries with tamiya if you are still using that.

Edited by unlimitedRA1N

The main thing with lipos is to not buy them from any airsoft site. Stick to an rc hobby site like Hobby King. Pretty much any of the batteries there would work fine, just look for a battery that will fit in your gun and is 20c or higher. All you really need is a simple balance charger, but if you want to spend more, a 4 button charger has some nice features besides just charging your battery. You might need to solder on your own connector, deans hopefully, but they do have some batteries with tamiya if you are still using that.

thanks alot

As RA1N said, buy the lipos from Hobby King because they are super cheap and they have a huge selection. MAKE SURE YOU GET A GOOD QUALITY CHARGER! Bad charger = bad battery and possibility having a battery blowing up.

If you haven't ordered yet give hobby partz a look.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/geacebaforai.html

I just ordered 15 LiPo's from them for only $146, and they arrived in 3 days to me since they are in my state. (They are located in California). The nice thing about their batteries is not only the price, but they are all 20C, and they are located inside of the US already, so no long shipping times.

I want to promote eliteairsoftbatteries.com. They are a branch of cheapbatterypacks.com, a website specializing in hobby/rc packs, and they really know their stuff. Their prices are good, their cheap LiPo balance charger is foolproof, their service is top notch, and they can make batteries in ANY form and with any plug.