to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
SuperGamecube64

Help me find my first airsoft gun

I have been playing paintball for several years, but lately my friends and I have discussed switching to airsoft. I am looking to spend no more than $150 if I can help it. I want a gun that is good enough quality to be used in a match, but it doesn't have to be super fancy. I don't want a shotgun, at least not right now. I'd prefer a rifle or assault rifle. All suggestions and opinions are appreciated.

I have been playing paintball for several years, but lately my friends and I have discussed switching to airsoft. I am looking to spend no more than $150 if I can help it. I want a gun that is good enough quality to be used in a match, but it doesn't have to be super fancy. I don't want a shotgun, at least not right now. I'd prefer a rifle or assault rifle. All suggestions and opinions are appreciated.

I just answered a similar question about 10 minutes ago, refer to this post:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Dad-out-...3#entry18639863

Thanks guys. I look uo G&G and they look nice. I noticed they are electric. The people I will mainly b playing with are getting gas powered guns. What are the major advantages and disadvantages between spring, electric and gas? Will I be at a disadvantage using an electric while they use gas?

EDIT: I am considering this: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GR-KJW-RUGER-CA.htm

Edited by SuperGamecube64

Thanks guys. I look uo G&G and they look nice. I noticed they are electric. The people I will mainly b playing with are getting gas powered guns. What are the major advantages and disadvantages between spring, electric and gas? Will I be at a disadvantage using an electric while they use gas?

EDIT: I am considering this: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GR-KJW-RUGER-CA.htm

You will not be at a disadvantage when using gas rifles. It's a lot cheaper and better using AEGs in a skirmish. Gas rifles use green gas, which is not cheap. Plus their magazines usually hold only about 30-45 rounds. AEGs can hold anywhere from 200-500 rounds in their high caps, and you only have to buy a couple of batteries. Also gas guns lose Feet Per Second every shot, considering the amount of gas each shot uses.

You will not be at a disadvantage when using gas rifles. It's a lot cheaper and better using AEGs in a skirmish. Gas rifles use green gas, which is not cheap. Plus their magazines usually hold only about 30-45 rounds. AEGs can hold anywhere from 200-500 rounds in their high caps, and you only have to buy a couple of batteries. Also gas guns lose Feet Per Second every shot, considering the amount of gas each shot uses.

Nice to see a fellow virginian here. May I ask your loan in case we want to meet up for a match in the future?

Also, I've made my final decision. a friend in NC is selling me an M4 Diablo with holographic red/green dot sight. It's like a $300 gun, and he's letting em get it for$150. I don't think I should pass that up.