master721

JG AK-47 vs. CYMA AK-47

Comparing these guns they are pretty much the same but people are saying the JG has fire selector issues. So if anyone knows about either of these brands and recommends one over the other or actually knows about these guns I would appreciate help on which one to buy. They are only $1 off of each other in price P.S: Admins can delete my old mb06 vs bar-10 because I decided to go AEG.

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/JG_Airsoft...0506b-black.htm

and

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/CYMA_Full_...cyma-cm028a.htm

Yes you all are probably going to yell at me for shopping here but I have like $120 of store credit for returning something :)

EDIT: Also I'm new to AEG's so how will I know when the battery is done charging? Also, Are AEG's still accurate with .2's or should I go up to like .23's??

Edited by master721

I would definitely go for the Cyma AK-47. Cyma are renowned for their AK line.

How long have you had the gun? Have you made any upgrades? Has it encountered any problems or performance decreases?

General question: If I use .25's for better accuracy how bad will it reduce range on the CYMA AK-47??

Edited by master721

jgm or anyone, would you recommend these?

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/0_25G_Gold...b-gbu-3025w.htm

They are GoldenBall Proslick 0.25G's

Also I would like to know should I get 2000 for 6.95 or just get 3000 for 10.95. Will 2,000 even last that long with an AEG? I am on sort of a budget of around $120.

Edited by master721

Airsplat.com bbs are not the greatest but cheap, 15000 bbs for $24 (.20g). I don't think you need .25s on a aeg unless you are really concerned about accuracy. A JG ak with a stock barrel, bucking, and hopup chamber will have 5inch groupings at 100ft with .20gram bbs. Personally tested. The bbs you posted will be fine.

Airsplat.com bbs are not the greatest but cheap, 15000 bbs for $24 (.20g). I don't think you need .25s on a aeg unless you are really concerned about accuracy. A JG ak with a stock barrel, bucking, and hopup chamber will have 5inch groupings at 100ft with .20gram bbs. Personally tested. The bbs you posted will be fine.

Well I'm getting the CYMA ak47 but my guess is that it would be around the same groupings because they are the same gun.

I don't currently have the money for a smart charger, but someone told me the regular chargers can actually break your gun. Should I just wait to use the gun untill I get the money??

How do you know what kind of battery the gun comes with? I'm looking at this one "http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/Tenergy_Universal_Premium_Battery_SMART_CHARGER_p/acc-smart-charger.htm" It's the cheapest one and I'm on a budget. It says it only works for NiHm / NiCd. Would this charger work with the CYMA AK47??

Edited by master721

You don't have to get a smart charger. Just don't charge your battery for more than 8 hours. Chargers don't break guns they can harm batteries. If you get a Nicd battery you have to make sure its dead before recharging. Unless specified, all airsoft guns that come with batteries come with either Nimh or Nicd batteries.

How long have you had the gun? Have you made any upgrades? Has it encountered any problems or performance decreases?

General question: If I use .25's for better accuracy how bad will it reduce range on the CYMA AK-47??

Well, I used for 2 years in it's stock form with a large 9.6v battery, and it was a very reliable gun with good performance. I used several stock parts from my Cyma AK-47 when I rebuilt my G&G AK-104, as the Cyma parts were better than many of the stock internal G&G parts. A Cyma AK-47 with a good internal overhaul, reshim regrease etc, will rival more expensive AEG's actually.

Whan I went up from .20g to .25g in my guns, the effective range increased significantly on all of them. I consider anything below .25g to be lightweight ammo now, I use .28g bb's in my two main AEG's and .25g in my other guns.

And about getting a smart charger, it will save you money in the long run, as it will significantly increase the lifespan of your batteries.

Edited by Lefse

You don't have to get a smart charger. Just don't charge your battery for more than 8 hours. Chargers don't break guns they can harm batteries. If you get a Nicd battery you have to make sure its dead before recharging. Unless specified, all airsoft guns that come with batteries come with either Nimh or Nicd batteries.

Do I have to wait until it's dead even if I have a smart charger?? I'm getting the tenergy one that I posted before, I got some extra money now. Also how will I know what kind of battery it is, just look at it and it will say somewhere on the battery?

Another question not relating to quote or above post.

Even though the .25 bb's would lower FPS does it lower performance in any way? I guess it would just change how fast the BB travels?

Edited by master721

I've seen little kids come out with the CYMA AK's and have looked down on them, shame on me. Those guns RUN; they WORK. And nothing is better than a reliable gun. Will say that a guy in my team fell on one and crack the stock to receiver part a bit, but it just made the stock a little wobbly. And this guy is pretty big, ~230lbs. Legit fall too, got his leg tripped up jumping into a creek bed haha. Don't know anything about JG AK's... best of luck to ya!

Woah... Read through the replies to this post and I have to say that master721, you have not been told much that's true with batteries!

Charge your battery until it is warm to the touch. This will probably be a long time on the first charge. There is a way to calculate how long it will take (not going to go through that, do your own research).

Two types of batteries (other than lipos): NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) and NiCd (Nickel Cadmium)

NiMH:needs charged to work. When it needs charged, hook it to the charger til warm.

NiCd:needs charged to work. When it needs charged, discharge it. This doesn't mean shoot you gun til the battery "dies". It's not actually fully "dead" yet. The best way to discharge is to buy a "discharger", but you said you're on a budget, and I was at the time I needed a discharger, so I made one out of an old light. Tell me if you want to see pictures, I'll post them. Then charge your battery. You wouldn't believe how many guys say their gun doesn't work because they know diddly squat about batteries. Learn about batteries. It's what you weapon system uses as power, might be good to know how it works :) best of luck!

Any other questions?

The best way to discharge is to buy a "discharger", but you said you're on a budget, and I was at the time I needed a discharger, so I made one out of an old light. Tell me if you want to see pictures, I'll post them. Then charge your battery. You wouldn't believe how many guys say their gun doesn't work because they know diddly squat about batteries. Learn about batteries. It's what you weapon system uses as power, might be good to know how it works :) best of luck!

Any other questions?

Does the smart charger that I posted that I'm getting have a "discharger" or do you buy those seperate?

That is not true about the battery being fully charged when warm. I have a 11.1v lipo that does not warm up in the slightest when charging. And my nicd battery warms up in 5 mins on a 1c charge rate. Both batteries have been charged at least 2 times. Both batteries were charged with a smart charger. I forgot to mention about fully discharging a nicd battery, my bad there.

I would definitely go for the Cyma AK-47. Cyma are renowned for their AK line.

I can say the same for CYMA guns in general (love the M14 I have, with it I have more accuracy than anyone else on the field, even more than that of a person with a $300 gun. Still, its a little heavy for long rounds, or if you have to walk a lot, and hard to get over a wall. For another thing, make sure you use .25s, whether you get an AK or another model of gun. It is definitely worth the slightly increased cost. )

If you're using ni-mh batteries you don't need to discharge them. Very few guns come with ni-cd batteries anymore, most guns come with a ni-mh battery. Personally I would just get a 7.4v li-po and a cheap balance charger, but most people seem to be scared of li-po's.

Woah... Read through the replies to this post and I have to say that master721, you have not been told much that's true with batteries!

Charge your battery until it is warm to the touch. This will probably be a long time on the first charge. There is a way to calculate how long it will take (not going to go through that, do your own research).

Two types of batteries (other than lipos): NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) and NiCd (Nickel Cadmium)

NiMH:needs charged to work. When it needs charged, hook it to the charger til warm.

NiCd:needs charged to work. When it needs charged, discharge it. This doesn't mean shoot you gun til the battery "dies". It's not actually fully "dead" yet. The best way to discharge is to buy a "discharger", but you said you're on a budget, and I was at the time I needed a discharger, so I made one out of an old light. Tell me if you want to see pictures, I'll post them. Then charge your battery. You wouldn't believe how many guys say their gun doesn't work because they know diddly squat about batteries. Learn about batteries. It's what you weapon system uses as power, might be good to know how it works :) best of luck!

Any other questions?

What happens if you don't discharge NiCd batteries and charge it?

Nicd batteries have a "memory". Say if you only use the battery to about half charge and then charge it, you could lose up to half the batteries capacity. Even low end guns come with nimh now so I wouldn't worry about it.

But if you are going to use nicd there are some chargers like the turnigy accucel 6 that can charge nicd, nimh, and lipos, and they also have a discharger function. They are about $23, you just need a power cord. You probably have one laying around (laptop power supply, etc.) or about another $10 if you don't. A charger like that would be good if you decide to use lipos in the future, as you wouldn't need a new charger.