nick9999

Tokyo Marui G17 or WE G17

I was thinking on getting another GBB pistol... I have a KWA 1911, WE 1911 and a KWA Mac11... I wanted a Glock and I know what model I want... I just don't know what company to choose, Should I get a Tokyo Marui Glock 17 or a WE Glock 17? Tokyo Marui is $60 more but it has trades and a metal slide... WE is $60 less and has no trades and a aluminum slide... Which one should I get?

Guest alberty

In fact, were you correct in saying it's a metal-slide TM G17 for only $60 more? If so, you can't beat that steal of a deal. TM performance/quality with a metal slide already is all you need.

A Marui Glock with a metal slide? So it's been used? That's what I'm getting from your post.

There is much debate over the newer WE pistols. The Glock, for instance, has a counterpart, the HK Glock 17. The WE *may* be a rebranded HK Glock 17, much like the HK 3PX4 was sold as a WE PX4, and the HK Samurai Edge was sold as a WE Samurai Edge. I own the HK 3PX4, and it is an amazing pistol, the quality is loads better than my old WE 1911. The HK Glock 17 has been reviewed over on another forum, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link but it's on the popular UK forum ;P.

The general consensus seems to be that the HK/WE Glock 17 is a very nice pistol, one guy even said it matched the quality of a Marui. The only drawback is poor anodization on the slide. So, I'd pick up a HK Glock 17, but it's up to you.

+1 on TM. I've owned one for a few years and it has always been good to go.

From what I hear the hk glock is good but I doubt it is as good as a TM. Tolerances and QC will not match so while it may perform well for now, it might not last years like a TM would.

Edited by skyrider

I was thinking on getting another GBB pistol... I have a KWA 1911, WE 1911 and a KWA Mac11... I wanted a Glock and I know what model I want... I just don't know what company to choose, Should I get a Tokyo Marui Glock 17 or a WE Glock 17? Tokyo Marui is $60 more but it has trades and a metal slide... WE is $60 less and has no trades and a aluminum slide... Which one should I get?
I have mistaken the Marui for having a metal slide, and for this I apologies The marui has a plastic slide for $60 more than the we has a aluminum slide... Which is the better buy for build quality and reliablilty?

Guest alberty
I have mistaken the Marui for having a metal slide, and for this I apologies The marui has a plastic slide for $60 more than the we has a aluminum slide... Which is the better buy for build quality and reliablilty?

If the TM is new, it will still be the better performer. There's a difference between good internals and good externals.

If you have the money, get the TM. You can always fit a metal slide later. PGC slide is good, relatively inexpensive, and a more or less drop-in fit.

For a budget purchase, get the HK (or 3HK, or HK3P) G17. Much better trades than the WE. There's also a Gen. 4 version. For the price it is, pretty good.