Sign in to follow this  
AccelerationZ

SCAR Help

I'm trying to decide a good SCAR to buy. I like the tan colored SCAR and non CQB version. Is there a better one than this?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_in...roducts_id=9596

Budget is 300-400$.

A SCAR, huh? VFC (though I do not prefer it) makes some reliable and popular guns. This one you picked could probably be found somewhere else for about 10-20 bucks cheaper (try evike.com), and actually looks pretty good. I'd buy it (but make sure it's in stock as it is out-of-stock at GI :P).

Thanks!

I hadn't heard much about VFC and was just wondering.

I'm stil trying to decide between this or a tactical AK47.

I love the Scar but it has no customization options really.

Just so happens I've been spending a lot of time researching this. Turns out there is no such thing as a perfect SCAR. Choices are somewhat limited now because of the Cybergun crackdown, so the only SCARs you'll be able to get stateside are the VFC and the WE GBBR. The VFC is well known to have gearbox jams due to the self-shimming gears, so you can pretty much plan on buying some metal bushings and shimming the gearbox at some point. I own the WE SCAR-L and I love it, but I would only recommend skirmishing it if you are a very experienced player, or your field limits play to realistic load-outs. Here are a few resources for you:

This is an article detailing the specific differences between the manufacturers.

And here is a

doing a direct comparison between different SCARs (Classic Army, VFC, Dboys, and Star). Edited by No_6

Well, that sucks. SCAR was the only type of gun I really want, and this is my first AEG so I want something that funcions well put the box.I despise Armalites. I might eg a Masada.

Hate to break it to you, but the Masada PTS has its issues as well. I totally sympathize, though. For the price VFC or Magpul are selling their guns for, they should be darn well perfect. Actually, I haven't heard anything bad about the Tokyo Mauri SCAR, and TM very rarely puts out a bad gun. I haven't found any long-term reviews of it, though. However, the fact that it is EBB kind of puts me off, as it is just something else that can go wrong. Oh, and yeah, it costs a lot more. Of all the AEG SCARs, it sounds like the CA (if you can find one) has the potential to have the best (strongest, most reliable) internals out of the box. So if you want something you can just buy and shoot, that would probably be it.

And I wouldn't be too bothered about having to shim a gun... I've never heard of a gearbox being perfectly shimmed directly from the factory. Well, maybe TM, but no one else.

I ordered the DBoys SCAR-H because the externals are supposed to be good, and it is dirt cheap, so I don't mind spending time and money building up the internals.

What about the G&G Scar-L? Its the CQB version but still a Scar and I havnt heard many bad things about G&G (maybe its externals?)

According to the article, the G&G could potentially have the best internals. But good luck finding one, as they are exceedingly scarce.

G&G is by far the best one on the market.. I have owned the WE, G&G, the VFC, Dboys, and the Echo 1.... Echo 1 version was nice, but gone.. The G&G was the best bang for the buck out of the box.

Nah no friends that are really technical. I could probably have Airsoft GI do it, I think.

Also, the SCAR is notoriously difficult to work on. I don't know about ASGI's techs, I would probably ship the gun to one of the guys around here.