zZHoboGamingZz

Can Anyone Help Me Get Started?

First we need to know what style of weapon you like, your playing style, and what kind of field you'll play on mostly.

I wanted to play sniper but I don't really want to do that right away maybe a year or two later. I shoot left handed so I would need a amadextrious gun. I might play in more woodsy areas/fields not much CQB but maybe every once in a while.

Sounds like my personal favorite, the AUG A2 might be suitable for you. It's ambidextrous, fairly compact, can be upgraded to great accuracy and range, and is easy to work on. It also has excellent ergonomics in my opinion. A CA Proline Steyr AUG should be within your budget limits. It'll work very well with a 7.4v li-po, which you can buy with a cheap balance charger at your local RC store. I highly recommend replacing the stock Tamiya connectors with Deans connectors. Don't buy batteries from airsoft shops, they only sell mediocre, overpriced batteries. Hyperion 1800mah li-po packs fit perfectly in the battery compartment. If you can't get a Hyperion pack, just get one that has similar size.

If the CA AUG is too expensive for your taste, you can look at the JG AUG, but the CA AUG has much better externals and simply feels much better.

Edit, added a link to the gun, I'm pretty sure this is a Proline, as it has the serial number on the body and such: http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/produc...d=6&cat=177

Edited by Lefse

Sounds like my personal favorite, the AUG A2 might be suitable for you. It's ambidextrous, fairly compact, can be upgraded to great accuracy and range, and is easy to work on. It also has excellent ergonomics in my opinion. A CA Proline Steyr AUG should be within your budget limits. It'll work very well with a 7.4v li-po, which you can buy with a cheap balance charger at your local RC store. I highly recommend replacing the stock Tamiya connectors with Deans connectors. Don't buy batteries from airsoft shops, they only sell mediocre, overpriced batteries. Hyperion 1800mah li-po packs fit perfectly in the battery compartment. If you can't get a Hyperion pack, just get one that has similar size.

If the CA AUG is too expensive for your taste, you can look at the JG AUG, but the CA AUG has much better externals and simply feels much better.

Edit, added a link to the gun, I'm pretty sure this is a Proline, as it has the serial number on the body and such: http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/produc...d=6&cat=177

Thanks so much for your help and what would you recomend for a side arm? Or should I just roll with the aug for a little?

I use the KWC anniversary edition M1911 CO2 gas blowback pistol myself, and I'm very happy with it. It's not the cheapest pistol on the market, but it's very good, it has a good kick, and good range and accuracy. I recommend buying King Arms magazines for the AUG. I have King Arms 110 round midcaps for my AUG, and they are extremely good magazines. The AUG is a pretty large weapon, but thanks to the bullpup design, and the good ergonomics, it works pretty well for CQB. I have a Bull Strike 30mm regular red dot sight on mine, works very well.

If you're thinking of upgrading your AUG, feel free to message me if you have any questions, I have extensive experience modifiying AUG's. I have rebuilt mine 5 times or so, hehe.

With a 300 dollar budget I wouldn't split the budget to get several guns. Best to spend the most you can on a reliable weapon. If your going to buy a pistol look at the 125+ range and for the AEGs I would look at the 175+ range. But no matter what you buy most likely it will need some tunning from a good tech. A majority of my own brand new weapons failed shortly because of the poor quality parts and bad design. I've had to make new retail guns of $125 to $500 work properly. You would expect if you spent that much on an AEG it would perform fine out of the box. Well not in all cases sadly.

There are some nice weapons under my suggested range and the good thing about buying those would be saving some more money for tech work. An example is a M4 G&G Combat Machine 16. They are about $130 and are somewhat reliable out of the box.

You should look around and see what you like but ask in the forum on the reliablity of the weapon.

Edited by ZaCkOX

Thanks guys I think I might go with the jg aug from evike for 140$ and get a AIM 4x30 scope for out door with 20mm rings. Get 3 spare midcaps 110 round and a MOLLE mag pouch and attach it to my belt with some Acu pants and a scott full face mask(field requirements its also able to remove the visor and bottom part) and get 5000 .23 gram bbs maybe a spare battery but idk if I need one. Most likely a smart charger.

I would not recommend getting a magnifying scope, it's pointless on a stock AEG. You can easily hit targets out to 100 meters with a well adjusted red dot sight if you have good eyesight. You should definitely get a smart charger for the battery. Personally I would throw both the stock charger and the battery in the garbage, and replace them with a 7.4v li-po and a cheap balance charger from hobbyking or a local RC store. The JG AUG will get the job done, but it is cheaper than the TM and CA AUGs for a reason.

I would not recommend getting a magnifying scope, it's pointless on a stock AEG. You can easily hit targets out to 100 meters with a well adjusted red dot sight if you have good eyesight. You should definitely get a smart charger for the battery. Personally I would throw both the stock charger and the battery in the garbage, and replace them with a 7.4v li-po and a cheap balance charger from hobbyking or a local RC store. The JG AUG will get the job done, but it is cheaper than the TM and CA AUGs for a reason.

True I was also thinking I kinda wanna keep cost low cause I don't really wanna spend a lot into the sport until I get more into it. Maybe buy one of the tri shot shotguns extra shells and a shell holder and save up for a really nice gun instead of buying a mediocre gun such as the jg aug? Or buy a WE Hi-Capa 4.3 with an extra mag? That way I have a sidearm for when I get a nice gun and also I was wondering are there tornements for airsoft? Like paintball has?

The JG AUG isn't really a bad gun, it's internals are pretty good quality, proper steel gears, it's piston is actually very strong. I've just gotten more picky over the years, the JG AUG is a good beginner gun, and has potential for upgrades. The externals is the main difference really, the internals will rival those of the TM and CA AUG. A mediocre AEG is alot more skirmishable than a shotgun.

In airsoft there aren't really professional tournaments like in paintball, but there are many "OP's", they are like an extreme form of role-playing. There are of course day matches at the airsoft field around.

The JG AUG isn't really a bad gun, it's internals are pretty good quality, proper steel gears, it's piston is actually very strong. I've just gotten more picky over the years, the JG AUG is a good beginner gun, and has potential for upgrades. The externals is the main difference really, the internals will rival those of the TM and CA AUG. A mediocre AEG is alot more skirmishable than a shotgun.

In airsoft there aren't really professional tournaments like in paintball, but there are many "OP's", they are like an extreme form of role-playing. There are of course day matches at the airsoft field around.

Ok so Ill buy an aug (140$) a face mask (28$) 2 mid caps (20$) Ill just use my pockets as mag holders for now a smart charger (30$-15$) and use the stock battery till I get a lipo and some sort of red dot would you recommend any? That's about 200$ right there (maybe about 10$-30$ for an Optic) and 10$ for .20 matrix bbs

If you decide on getting a 4.3 pistol I would get the Tokyo Marui 4.3 and not the WE. The price is hefty but the gun is so much more reliable and not a gas hog. Shoots accurate and clean crisp top slide. If you did that, I would only recommend then to buy Tokyo Marui brand magazines for them.

Going with a shotgun is not a bad idea. The UTG tri shots are great on a CQB field.

However owning an AEG is a blast to shoot. Range and accuracy is better but also depends on some factors. Just don't forget AEGs can fail often and really need a good tech to make them reliable.

You don't need a good tech to make an AEG reliable, my Cyma AK-47 ran flawlessly for 2 years, with minimal maintenance. The reason it failed after 2 years was because I messed with the gearbox. If I hadn't done anything to it, it would still be working fine.

You don't need a good tech to make an AEG reliable, my Cyma AK-47 ran flawlessly for 2 years, with minimal maintenance. The reason it failed after 2 years was because I messed with the gearbox. If I hadn't done anything to it, it would still be working fine.

What if I go with the CYMA CM028? That way I wouldn't need an optic? And also what would u recommend to start with I mean like should I get a vest with some Camo pants or just buy a primary gun smart charger and a couple extra mags.

Start by buying the primary gun with extra mags and such, after a couple matches you'll find out what you actually need. I had a red dot on my Cyma AK-47 too by the way. Many people prefer just aiming the bb stream, I prefer to aim before shooting.

Well to say for certain it depends. You can buy another CYMA AK-47 and it can fail out of the box. I would say a good tech is one that knows what he is doing. You would count Lefse because you have experience. I have seen too many people call themselves techs and they make the gearbox perform worse. So when I say good tech I mean at least one that can do the job right.

And we can't really assume the AEG he buys will last. I would rather at least tell him there is a high chance of failure and if it works awesome. If we don't tell him and he assumes it doesn't fail then buys it and it fails miserably... well that is worse.

Also there is the possiblity of the gun having a poor installation like cold solder from the factory... which we would call a lemon and he gets screwed. In my opinion it is best to educate the possiblity of why things go wrong and what he should do when it happens. He shouldn't hand the gun over to a friend that doesn't have any real experience. He could learn it himself but that depends on him. Most people cannot handle the gearbox.

The only reason I talk about high failure is because it is there. Most of my AEGs needed some type of issue fixed. The AEG is not anything near a perfect weapon. I still find brand new AEGs with design flaws or some type of issue on the field. Just last week I fixed 4 with wiring issues and they were all stock brand new! When you buy a gun you expect it to at least shoot, well that wasn't the case for those people.

I wouldn't completely discourage you from buying an AEG just be aware. AEGs are so much fun to shoot.

Also I was thinking about going with the ca p90 I like the way they look and it come with a red dot built and and it's not verry commonly seen

The only problem I have with a p90 is the magazines are usually junk and can't feed properly.

My KA P90 midcaps feed reliably to at least 27rps. It's the hicaps that are known to be unreliable though. If you want a cheap P90, look for the KS P90. I recently bought one, and the internals are surprisingly good. Good steel gears, steel bushings, surprisingly well shimmed, and a half decent piston. The motor was garbage though, and the hop-up chamber needed some internal sanding to meet my standards. The shimming was similar to how KWA does it, the gears just fits in the shell with little sideplay. There were some shims, and the shimming job was actually very decent.

After some tuning, I was able to get almost 200 feet effective range out of it, with a guarder bucking and KA Platinum .25's. I replaced the motor with a modified EG700 I had lying around. Also upgraded the wiring. It's still cost me less than$150, including shipping and tax, that's alot of AEG for my money, hehe. You don't have to tune it for it to be skrimishable though, it was pretty well tuned from the factory.

I buy most of my gear from wgcshop.com and ehobbyasia.com. Redwolfairsoft is also a reliable retailer, but their prices are a bit higher and their selection isn't quite as good. That gun should be good, KWA are renowned for their gas guns.

Ok I'll check them out and yeah I figured green gas/propane would be cheaper and more reliable than a battery but you just gotta oil it every now and then

I have seen two of those with issues where I play. The pins to the top of the magazine and the hammer are annoying. I wouldn't get it until KWA fixes the magazine design. Those pins right at the top shake out and get stuck inside the gun. Then you can't drop out your magazines. I wouldn't get a weapon with such a flaw even glue doesn't hold them.

Oh I didn't know the mags got stuck and I was also considering getting this:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=30457

and getting this later on:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=24981

Like ZaCKOX suggested

Also should I get 1 extra hi cap for the G&G gun? For now and what about bdu's, vests, hydration pouches, etc.