Sign in to follow this  
wolfwoods

Looking for a great high-end AEG rifle

I'm looking for a high end airsoft AEG rifle (I'll spend up to 400$). I play field in the woods, so I want a gun in between 380 and 410 FPS, so I'm looking for something that will hit targets at a far range and hit hard. I'll accept suggestions for any models other than M4s, and I'd prefer something a little unique, but I'm open. I also want it to be durable both inside and out, something that will last years.

I've already had my eyes on the G&G FN2000, but I want a couple more options to look in to before I decide.

Get the FN2000. I've bought one to test it and see if I liked it. At first I wasn't sure, but now it's my favorite gun. It's extremely quiet, very ergonomic, and with the RIS rail added later you can do anything to it.. that and putting a tightbore in it literally takes 2 minutes tops. Doesn't get any easier than that for a awesome build.

OP, your question is far too vague for anyone to give you a solid answer. You're asking for a gun that is unique, performs above average, and is also very reliable. There is no perfect gun, especially out of the box.

In my opinion, for that amount of money you can surf the BST section until you find a nice, upgraded gun that fits what you want. You'll end up saving quite a bit- just make sure you buy from someone trustworthy.

jg g36. its like 130 dollars on asgi with their 10 percent discount. spend the rest of your money on upgarades and magazines.

^This.

It's exactly what I'm doing, actually. I was going to buy an expensive gun, but the JG G36 is fantastic out of the box that will leave you a bunch of money for upgrades and mags. Plus, it isn't a standard M4 or AK.

And if you're worried about mag pouches you can get ones like these and remove the seam in the front with a seam ripper, and it will hold two G36 mags.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=35149

PP

Once you get past 300 dollars, these are pretty much the only differences:

-The gun may be customized

-The gun may last 10 years with good care instead of 8 years with good care that you'd get with a rifle that's 100-200 dollars

-Will probably shoot more straight without an excessive amount of adjustments

-Will make you look cooler because you can afford it

Anyways, any gun you get for above 400 dollars will probably be amazing. Get a gun model you like.

I'm still undecided so far, I think I'm gonna go for the FN2000 but before I do, I have another question.. I'm still a little confused on FPS. 350 is the limit for CQB and I currently own a G&G combat machine (I chrono'd at 330~340ish) and while it's okay for field, it feels like it doesn't go far enough (being that most of the time, my targets are a good range away). When I adjust the hop up, it just makes the BB go.. up. Like, too far up. So I guess my questions would be,

Can 350 FPS be great for field? How does the barrel and hop-up correspond with range?

I'm still undecided so far, I think I'm gonna go for the FN2000 but before I do, I have another question.. I'm still a little confused on FPS. 350 is the limit for CQB and I currently own a G&G combat machine (I chrono'd at 330~340ish) and while it's okay for field, it feels like it doesn't go far enough (being that most of the time, my targets are a good range away). When I adjust the hop up, it just makes the BB go.. up. Like, too far up. So I guess my questions would be,

Can 350 FPS be great for field? How does the barrel and hop-up correspond with range?

FPS is mostly irrelevant to range unless it is extremely low. Accuracy and range come from a good hop up system like r-hop up or flat hop up. Another major part is using high quality heavy bb's.

$13 - systema bucking and a concave spacer. You won't get record breaking distances but you will see a noticeable difference in accuracy and range. Depending on the base gun, you may want a tight bore as well. These are just a few simple and cost effective upgrades that will help out almost any gun.

Alright, great, I don't have to worry too much about FPS then.

So, I've narrowed down my choices, this is my final decision. I either want the G&G FN2000, ICS Galil AR, or the ICS L85A2. Could someone that has experience with any of these guns tell me if there's any downsides, and also, what upgrades or touch-ups these guns should have?

G&G has a better reputation than ICS and is more TM compatible.

The Galil AR looks real nice looking though I just about bought one.

The ICS l85 is one of the best airsoft guns in theory (due to the adjustable spring strength) but I don't know about it in practice.

Edited by jgm

stay away from the ics L85, its a great gun on paper. but when they tried to put all the revolutionary things together.. they goofed up. if you want a l85 get the G&G starfolder has one and loves it.

I fond that FPs is more important in woods then ppl thinking. all my wood/field guns shoot 400+- with .25 bb, reason being is the brush trees what not get in the way. but as they said work on getting your air seal perfect and the hopup tuned and your gun will be firing well.

ive owned the fn2000 and it is a good gun, not really my type though, I didnt like the feel of it, so got rid of it. if you have a store or a field with a good amount of ppl, head over there and see if any one has the guns your interested it. pick it up and see how you like it.