Sign in to follow this  
Vozery

Best AEG for $200?

I originally wanted a sniper but I think if im really going to get into the game, I want to start out with a aeg if I can get a good one for my price range, im looking for a range and accuracy, I want one that I can snipe people from like 200 feet away, and them freak out because im not using a sniper. and I don't know much about airsoft ,or the guns, but if its cheaper, I would even like to make my own gun? like from scratch? is that possible?. but anyways, for questions you guys will probably ask.

Im playing in Woods/Forest type areas, and MAYBE sometimes some CQB or whatever its called.

I really have 300 dollars to spend. but I want the gun itself for 200, so please don't give me anything more then that.

I loveeee sniping, and if you think I should just get a sniper and a pistol as a sidearm if im just going to snipe when I learn the game anyway , then tell me.

thats pretty much it!, thanks in advance for all the help!.

Definitely don't buy a sniper rifle first. My first gun was a bolt action sniper and after 1 game I realized it's not nearly as much fun as I thought it would be, and you can't really do much tactically with it. You just sneak around and take pot shots at people, which is fun but gets old fast, especially if you aren't patient and aren't good at sneaking around! You can still sneak around and take pot shots at people with an AEG, but an AEG gives you much more utility when it comes to suppressing fire and other teamwork things. With your budget, any sniper rifle you buy is going to have about the same range as accuracy as an AEG anyways.

Make sure you budget in a good pair of goggles and some sort of mouth protection. As you know, you'll also need a battery, charger, and maybe 1 spare hi-cap magazine. Forget about side arms for now - an extra magazine for your primary gun will be much much more useful.

Edited by jombojuice22

Definitely don't buy a sniper rifle first. My first gun was a bolt action sniper and after 1 game I realized it's not nearly as much fun as I thought it would be, and you can't really do much tactically with it. You just sneak around and take pot shots at people, which is fun but gets old fast, especially if you aren't patient and aren't good at sneaking around! You can still sneak around and take pot shots at people with an AEG, but an AEG gives you much more utility when it comes to suppressing fire and other teamwork things. With your budget, any sniper rifle you buy is going to have about the same range as accuracy as an AEG anyways.

Make sure you budget in a good pair of goggles and some sort of mouth protection. As you know, you'll also need a battery, charger, and maybe 1 spare hi-cap magazine. Forget about side arms for now - an extra magazine for your primary gun will be much much more useful.

Im gonna believe every word you said and just go with an aeg, and im 14, can I play in games yet? or do I have to wait till im 16 or 18? if I cant play in games, im going to go with a sniper, but if I can, what aeg should I buy, and yea thats what I was going to use the 100 dollars for!, some nice uniform for camo, and some face protection, and extra mags and what not!. so Which Gun Should I Buy? I don't care about weight, or anything, just as long as it looks good, is durable for atleast 2 years without anything breaking, and it can pick people off with great accuracy!.

Im gonna believe every word you said and just go with an aeg, and im 14, can I play in games yet? or do I have to wait till im 16 or 18? if I cant play in games, im going to go with a sniper, but if I can, what aeg should I buy, and yea thats what I was going to use the 100 dollars for!, some nice uniform for camo, and some face protection, and extra mags and what not!. so Which Gun Should I Buy? I don't care about weight, or anything, just as long as it looks good, is durable for atleast 2 years without anything breaking, and it can pick people off with great accuracy!.

I think it depends on the field... You'll probably need your parents to sign a waiver or something at the very least. I think kids of any age can play at the fields near me, but people under 18 need to wear more face protection.

On a $300 budget, I think you should forget about camo uniforms for now... Just wear jeans, a t-shirt, and a pair of running/tennis/whatever shoes that you already own.

These are the things that should be your priority: gun, goggles, face proection/mouthguard, battery+charger, at least 1 spare hi-cap magazine, BB's.

These are the most important things. With $300 I think you should have just barely enough to get yourself set up really well, and then after that you can worry about looking cool.

As for what gun is the best, I'm not really sure... Do some research. G&G combat machines seem to be one of the most popular mid-level guns and you can get their M4 for $140 on evike. People are also liking the Lancer Tactical M4 which is only $100 or so, but the external parts might not be as nice.

I think it depends on the field... You'll probably need your parents to sign a waiver or something at the very least. I think kids of any age can play at the fields near me, but people under 18 need to wear more face protection.

On a $300 budget, I think you should forget about camo uniforms for now... Just wear jeans, a t-shirt, and a pair of running/tennis/whatever shoes that you already own.

These are the things that should be your priority: gun, goggles, face proection/mouthguard, battery+charger, at least 1 spare hi-cap magazine, BB's.

These are the most important things. With $300 I think you should have just barely enough to get yourself set up really well, and then after that you can worry about looking cool.

As for what gun is the best, I'm not really sure... Do some research. G&G combat machines seem to be one of the most popular mid-level guns and you can get their M4 for $140 on evike. People are also liking the Lancer Tactical M4 which is only $100 or so, but the external parts might not be as nice.

Okay, ill do that!

and which one would you recommend? a G&G Combat Machine or a Lancer Tactical M4? I heard the G&G isnt accurate without a new barrel upgrade? and I havent heard anythng about the lancer. good or bad.

Or you could go in a completely different direction. DMR. Start off with like an m14 or an sr-25 and us it as an aeg. Put a scope on it and use it on semi. Slowly buy the parts to upgrade to DMR status. it might run you past 300 but over a long period of time. I wont right down all the info unless you really are interested in this. (DMR=semi only aeg with more power) generally around 500fps. you can use it like a sniper but you have more freedom. it is a really fun role.

and which one would you recommend? a G&G Combat Machine or a Lancer Tactical M4? I heard the G&G isnt accurate without a new barrel upgrade? and I havent heard anythng about the lancer. good or bad.

I don't really know enough about either to say... However if it was me, I'd probably go with the G&G. I've always been a sucker for their guns for some reason. Just do a bunch of research, there is a lot of info out there already.

Or you could go in a completely different direction. DMR. Start off with like an m14 or an sr-25 and us it as an aeg. Put a scope on it and use it on semi. Slowly buy the parts to upgrade to DMR status. it might run you past 300 but over a long period of time. I wont right down all the info unless you really are interested in this. (DMR=semi only aeg with more power) generally around 500fps. you can use it like a sniper but you have more freedom. it is a really fun role.

The fields around me don't care if your AEG is semi-only or full auto. The same FPS limits apply, so building a DMR would be less effective than having full auto. At least for me - your mileage may vary.

I kind of learned the hard way here, actually. My first gun was a bolt action sniper. I quickly realized sniping is hard and not as effective, and I felt left out since I couldn't really contribute to the team in the same way as everyone else who had an AEG. I, like you, thought being a DM with a semi-only gun would be pretty awesome, like a mix of sniper and assault guy. I bought a G&G sr25, and quickly discovered that semi-only guns are a huge pain and much more likely to have technical problems, especially after you start upgrading things. I also found that not having full auto is a pretty big disadvantage.

I lost interest in airsoft for a while, came back and bought a full auto M4 and am super happy with it, even though I mostly just use semi anyways because it's more realistic... Personally I would strongly recommend any new player to get a decent AEG with full auto as their first gun. After you know what you're doing a bit more and have a better feel for what it's like, you can think about getting a bolt action or building a DMR if that's what you want to do. At that point, you might have also made friends with some other airsoft players who might let you try out their basr/dmr for a few games to see if you actually even like it.

Again, your mileage may vary of course.

Edited by jombojuice22

DMR is a Designated Marksman Rifle, Correct? and I wouldnt really enjoy that role, I feel if I did play that role, I would rather just snipe using a bolt action, because its kind of the same thing for almost less money, and just thinking about sniping makes me want to snipe instead of AEG, but I don't want to get my hopes up so im trying to force myself to wait, I think im going to go with the G&G and get some upgrades for it, theres a couple videos on youtube and what not telling me about them and what they could do, so ill probably go for that, unless I can find something better then a G&G for under 200. then ill take the better one. and as of right now im looking for more of an Out of the Box ready to run , kinda gun. like I can open it up, assemble whats needed, and hit a target with nice accuracy and consistancy from around 150 feet away.

DMR is a Designated Marksman Rifle, Correct? and I wouldnt really enjoy that role, I feel if I did play that role, I would rather just snipe using a bolt action, because its kind of the same thing for almost less money, and just thinking about sniping makes me want to snipe instead of AEG, but I don't want to get my hopes up so im trying to force myself to wait, I think im going to go with the G&G and get some upgrades for it, theres a couple videos on youtube and what not telling me about them and what they could do, so ill probably go for that, unless I can find something better then a G&G for under 200. then ill take the better one. and as of right now im looking for more of an Out of the Box ready to run , kinda gun. like I can open it up, assemble whats needed, and hit a target with nice accuracy and consistancy from around 150 feet away.

DMR = designated marksman rifle, yes, and DM = designated marksman. People get their panties in a knot if you mix up the terms on here. Also be careful when you say "sniper" (the person) vs "sniper rifle" (the rifle... obviously).

I know how you feel, I had my heart set on a sniper rifle from the start. See if you can get somebody to lend your theirs for a game or two. I usually bring all my guns to games so I have a backup in case one breaks, or to lend out to people.

Keep in mind that you can snipe with an AEG, too... Just put it in semi and be sneaky. Airsoft sniper rifles really don't outrange AEG's until you start upgrading them a ton and using really heavy BB's. Even then, they don't outrange them by much.

I wouldn't worry about upgrades just yet. A combat machines m4 should be plenty capable of getting the job done straight out of the box. Spend your money on the other essentials I listed before you go upgrading an already-decent gun, imo.

DMR = designated marksman rifle, yes, and DM = designated marksman. People get their panties in a knot if you mix up the terms on here. Also be careful when you say "sniper" (the person) vs "sniper rifle" (the rifle... obviously).

I know how you feel, I had my heart set on a sniper rifle from the start. See if you can get somebody to lend your theirs for a game or two. I usually bring all my guns to games so I have a backup in case one breaks, or to lend out to people.

Keep in mind that you can snipe with an AEG, too... Just put it in semi and be sneaky. Airsoft sniper rifles really don't outrange AEG's until you start upgrading them a ton and using really heavy BB's. Even then, they don't outrange them by much.

I wouldn't worry about upgrades just yet. A combat machines m4 should be plenty capable of getting the job done straight out of the box. Spend your money on the other essentials I listed before you go upgrading an already-decent gun, imo.

Yea I know, flamers :a-nonod:

But, okay, ill do that then, and I live in New York, So do you know any airsoft places that people play at? maybe I could go there and watch and see if someone would let me use a gun!:D

Just a thought. You really should borrow both an aeg and a sniper and use both. That way you will know which role you like better. DM is a fun role it was just a hybrid between sniping and an assault role. I have a bolt action but I like to cruise around and gather intel. I borrowed a buddies DMR and really enjoyed it. I am going to make a DMR from an sr-25. I also am going to buy the aimtop dragunov GBB. Looks sweet. lol

Just a thought. You really should borrow both an aeg and a sniper and use both. That way you will know which role you like better. DM is a fun role it was just a hybrid between sniping and an assault role. I have a bolt action but I like to cruise around and gather intel. I borrowed a buddies DMR and really enjoyed it. I am going to make a DMR from an sr-25. I also am going to buy the aimtop dragunov GBB. Looks sweet. lol

yea I hope I find someone in new york, none of my friends play, and my cousins like paintball, I feel like they wouldnt like airsoft cause theyre "tough" guys and would proll think its for wuss's but, so I have no one to play with:/ and I don't even know were a field is, the only field I know of is 30 minutes away and its for paintball. so I prob wont get to borrow anyones gun, but oh well. I guess.

I'm looking for AEGs under $170, and I have kind of specific requirements for what guns I want, yet I still only narrowed it down to about 10 guns.

There are a lot of good AEGs for under $200 our there.

I would recommend these brands for first mid-level AEG: JG, G&G, Echo1, CYMA. They're pretty much the most reliable brands when it comes to AEGs from 100 to 200 dollars.

When deciding on what gun to get, just get your favorite model, but for over 100 dollars, make sure it has a metal gearbox and metal rails at least. Metal body isn't even necessary half the time, because some guns in real life aren't "full metal" (example: MP5, UMP, G36).

FPS is kind of a big factor as well. Most CQB arenas/places don't allow guns with over 350 FPS, so take that into consideration if you think you'll play a lot of close quarters.

FPS doesn't really mean how far it will shoot. The hop-up system and how accurate the gun is overall are also factors when determining if you'll hit your target at a distance. So this can just depend on the quality of the gun too.

M4s, M16s, AKs, and MP5s are pretty much the most popular models of airsoft guns, so if you're thinking about customizing or upgrading your gun in the future, I'd recommend you to buy one of these.

I'm looking for AEGs under $170, and I have kind of specific requirements for what guns I want, yet I still only narrowed it down to about 10 guns.

There are a lot of good AEGs for under $200 our there.

I would recommend these brands for first mid-level AEG: JG, G&G, Echo1, CYMA. They're pretty much the most reliable brands when it comes to AEGs from 100 to 200 dollars.

When deciding on what gun to get, just get your favorite model, but for over 100 dollars, make sure it has a metal gearbox and metal rails at least. Metal body isn't even necessary half the time, because some guns in real life aren't "full metal" (example: MP5, UMP, G36).

FPS is kind of a big factor as well. Most CQB arenas/places don't allow guns with over 350 FPS, so take that into consideration if you think you'll play a lot of close quarters.

FPS doesn't really mean how far it will shoot. The hop-up system and how accurate the gun is overall are also factors when determining if you'll hit your target at a distance. So this can just depend on the quality of the gun too.

M4s, M16s, AKs, and MP5s are pretty much the most popular models of airsoft guns, so if you're thinking about customizing or upgrading your gun in the future, I'd recommend you to buy one of these.

Thank you for the extra info bro!, but im going to stick with a G&G Combat Machine and when I get into the sport more, I may either get a better gun for a bigger budget, or just put some upgrades into my gun!, or get some good pistols!: D but im most likely playing out doors and most likely not CQB, I have no clue though, I havent been able to find a field yet, so well see soon enough!, again thanks for that extra info!.

yea I hope I find someone in new york, none of my friends play, and my cousins like paintball, I feel like they wouldnt like airsoft cause theyre "tough" guys and would proll think its for wuss's but, so I have no one to play with:/ and I don't even know were a field is, the only field I know of is 30 minutes away and its for paintball. so I prob wont get to borrow anyones gun, but oh well. I guess.

Just shoot those tough paintballers in the skin with a 550fps sniper with .43s. They will change their mind about airsoft being for "wussies"

Metal body isn't even necessary half the time, because some guns in real life aren't "full metal" (example: MP5, UMP, G36).

I would propose that a "full metal" body on a gun that costs less than ~$150 may actually be a bad thing. A lot of attention to detail and expensive parts on the externals may mean that they cut corners and used cheap parts for the internals to compensate.

I could be wrong about that, but that's just my gut feeling.

Edited by jombojuice22

I would propose that a "full metal" body on a gun that costs less than ~$150 may actually be a bad thing. A lot of attention to detail and expensive parts on the externals may mean that they cut corners and used cheap parts for the internals to compensate.

I could be wrong about that, but that's just my gut feeling.

didnt he say that it didnt matter though?, I could be wrong, to lazy to go back up and re read it!. lol.

Instead of getting a semi-only DMR like an SR25 or whatever, couldn't you just get an AEG with semi and full auto capabilities with a long barrel and maybe a high magnification scope?

You could use a G3, SG550, M16, G36E, M14, M16 SPR, SR15, SR25.

Look, here's a full auto SR25: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/450_FPS_NE..._p/ank-lr25.htm

Instead of getting a semi-only DMR like an SR25 or whatever, couldn't you just get an AEG with semi and full auto capabilities with a long barrel and maybe a high magnification scope?

You could use a G3, SG550, M16, G36E, M14, M16 SPR, SR15, SR25.

Look, here's a full auto SR25: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/450_FPS_NE..._p/ank-lr25.htm

I never said a SR25?, im sticking with a G&G combat machine!, haha thanks though!

I personally really like this one

http://www.Airsoftatlanta.com/G_G_GR16_Blo...oft_p/35613.htm

It is a G&G Combat Machine CM16 Raider AEG (Short-Black) $169.99USD

I've used it at my friends house and It feels good IMO. No sex joke intended.

Its specs are -

G&G Combat Machine 16 Raider AEG (Black)

Features all new polymer rail design and stock tube mounted sling attachment point!

Manufacturer: G&G Armament

Type: M4 Airsoft AEG

Velocity: ~340 fps

Gearbox: Version 2 (Metal)

Magazine: 450 Rounds

Battery Recommended: 9.6v Nunchuck or Custom

BBs Recommended: 0.20g +

Barrel Length: 357 mm

Rifle Length: Collapsed - 31" Extended - 35"

Sense it shoots ~340fps, and it's $169.99, makes it a pretty dang good CQB weapon as compared to a KWA KM4-A1 QCB for $275.99USD on AirsoftAtlanta.com. Basically sacrificing 30FPS and saving about $100. If I had money to spend, yeah I might get a KWA M4 CQB over a G&G, but if you have only $200 to spend, a G&G wouldnt be a bad buy.

I originally wanted a sniper but I think if im really going to get into the game, I want to start out with a aeg if I can get a good one for my price range, im looking for a range and accuracy, I want one that I can snipe people from like 200 feet away, and them freak out because im not using a sniper. and I don't know much about airsoft ,or the guns, but if its cheaper, I would even like to make my own gun? like from scratch? is that possible?. but anyways, for questions you guys will probably ask.

Im playing in Woods/Forest type areas, and MAYBE sometimes some CQB or whatever its called.

I really have 300 dollars to spend. but I want the gun itself for 200, so please don't give me anything more then that.

I loveeee sniping, and if you think I should just get a sniper and a pistol as a sidearm if im just going to snipe when I learn the game anyway , then tell me.

thats pretty much it!, thanks in advance for all the help!.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3432

JG M4A1 Enhanced, great motor, great gears, great piston, great everything, just TERRIBLE assembly. Learn how to open/put back your gearbox, it's a big part of airsoft anyway, so might as well learn it from the start. Once you learn it, open the gearbox and reshim it, look up videos on how to do it, or just ask around here.

Despite what fanboys may say, a well-shimmed JG is FAR superior performance and durability wise than any offering by g&g (and that includes their full metal "proline") and my opinion is unbiased cause I don't own anything from either manufacturers.

For "200 feet accuracy", don't worry about FPS, it doesn't really increase range, and the stock JG spring already offers plenty. Upgrade the hopup bucking and use HEAVY bbs. This coupled with some basic marksmanship and I guarantee that you'll be able to keep up with the $900 polarstars and $1600 Systema PTWs.

Hop up bucking

This is what TRUELY makes a gun accurate , buy PLENTY

DO NOT START OFF SNIPING IN AIRSOFT. I don't care if you're a marine scout sniper just back from Afghanistan, you'll be FAR better off with an automatic.

Still want to be a "1337" sniper bad*ss? Read THIS

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3432

JG M4A1 Enhanced, great motor, great gears, great piston, great everything, just TERRIBLE assembly. Learn how to open/put back your gearbox, it's a big part of airsoft anyway, so might as well learn it from the start. Once you learn it, open the gearbox and reshim it, look up videos on how to do it, or just ask around here.

Despite what fanboys may say, a well-shimmed JG is FAR superior performance and durability wise than any offering by g&g (and that includes their full metal "proline") and my opinion is unbiased cause I don't own anything from either manufacturers.

For "200 feet accuracy", don't worry about FPS, it doesn't really increase range, and the stock JG spring already offers plenty. Upgrade the hopup bucking and use HEAVY bbs. This coupled with some basic marksmanship and I guarantee that you'll be able to keep up with the $900 polarstars and $1600 Systema PTWs.

Hop up bucking

This is what TRUELY makes a gun accurate , buy PLENTY

DO NOT START OFF SNIPING IN AIRSOFT. I don't care if you're a marine scout sniper just back from Afghanistan, you'll be FAR better off with an automatic.

Still want to be a "1337" sniper bad*ss? Read [url="http://greentieco

agree with 90% of that. R hop up or flat hop is actually going to increase your range a lot more than a standard hop up bucking.

Edited by unlimitedRA1N