MasterK

Dboys AKS 74U or JG MK5 072T

I just picked up a KWA KMP9R for a steal, but now I'm looking for an AEG.

I have a real life M4 rifle, so I wanted to try something different. Seems like lots of people push an M4 style rifle and I may still go with a G&G or Echo1 should

neither of these work out. I really just want to know if these are decent to start with if willing to upgrade as needed. And also I want to consider the availability of upgrade parts. Are these styles that people play with commonly enough to allow for fairly decent upgrade path?

Are these too close to the same roll the KMP9R plays?

JG MK5

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JG-M5-072T.htm

Dboys AKS74u

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-BI-74U-RK01.htm

Thanks for any suggestions or meaningful opinions.

I don't think you will be using the m93r much unless you get the mp5 and don't get an extra mag. I just went to BattlegroundsCQBFL on Wednesday and there were 8 people there. I never ran out of ammo in a game with my hi cap AK style mag. I also noted that a semi-auto pistol would have been nearly useless. If there had been more people there, my opinion may be different. But remember in real life airsoft: Reloading is faster than switching to your secondary. Slinging up the primary and un-holstering the secondary is just too much hassle for me. That's why I just have one AEG and no secondaries.(Even though some are really cool)\

In response to your question, I think you should get a G&G sportline. They are much better and some would go better with a secondary.

Edited by jgm

I don't think you will be using the m93r much unless you get the mp5 and don't get an extra mag. I just went to BattlegroundsCQBFL on Wednesday and there were 8 people there. I never ran out of ammo in a game with my hi cap AK style mag. I also noted that a semi-auto pistol would have been nearly useless. If there had been more people there, my opinion may be different. But remember in real life airsoft: Reloading is faster than switching to your secondary. Slinging up the primary and un-holstering the secondary is just too much hassle for me. That's why I just have one AEG and no secondaries.(Even though some are really cool)\

In response to your question, I think you should get a G&G sportline. They are much better and some would go better with a secondary.

I got a KMP9R - not M93r.

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GR-KSC-KMP9R-RG.htm

However realizing that the KMP9R has only 48 round mag, It would be more inline with a primary sidearm.

G&G MP5 is not available from my purchasing outlet. I can get the JG or ICS. But I really was looking for guidance between the two subject guns.

The ICS that's the same price as the JG is not full metal, I would have to spend $40 more to get the ICS all metal version that's the same price as

the JG all metal. If the ICS gun is a clear winner for some reason, I have no issue spending the extra $40.

I got a KMP9R - not M93r.

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GR-KSC-KMP9R-RG.htm

However realizing that the KMP9R has only 48 round mag, It would be more inline with a primary sidearm.

G&G MP5 is not available from my purchasing outlet. I can get the JG or ICS. But I really was looking for guidance between the two subject guns.

The ICS that's the same price as the JG is not full metal, I would have to spend $40 more to get the ICS all metal version that's the same price as

the JG all metal. If the ICS gun is a clear winner for some reason, I have no issue spending the extra $40.

I highly recommend the ICS over the JG, the performance is leaps and bounds better. The Dboys AKS74u is amazing though. I owned one for a while and it was very nice. It all comes down to aesthetics. I think the mp5 would be better just because you can get lots of attachments on it with little effort (unlike the 74u), and you can fit more mags on a vest/in a pocket than the AK.

I highly recommend the ICS over the JG, the performance is leaps and bounds better. The Dboys AKS74u is amazing though. I owned one for a while and it was very nice. It all comes down to aesthetics. I think the mp5 would be better just because you can get lots of attachments on it with little effort (unlike the 74u), and you can fit more mags on a vest/in a pocket than the AK.

Thank you. I've kinda went a little crazy. Or ordered the Dboys but I still want advice on an MP5 model.

I'd like to add one more to the mix. This one the Cyma CM049. Do you have any opinion of that vs. the JC or ICS models.?

Here's a link:

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-CYMA-CM049.htm

Thank you. I've kinda went a little crazy. Or ordered the Dboys but I still want advice on an MP5 model.

I'd like to add one more to the mix. This one the Cyma CM049. Do you have any opinion of that vs. the JC or ICS models.?

Here's a link:

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-CYMA-CM049.htm

Go for it! CYMA guns are fantastic, especially for the price. Just get a good battery or two and you'll be fine.

The cyma should be fine. Airsoft elite mp5s are easily the best on the market, next to TM. The blowback on the cyma is a dumb feature though, your paying more cash for more recoil and thus a loss of accuracy. I recommend you order from evike, they currently have a 18% off entire order coupon code. Dboys ak74s for 106$, plus shipping. Also airsplat stinks if you get a lemon. You have to return the product, get it repaired, and sent back, not for free of course. I don't know if evike is any better though.

Edited by jgm

The cyma should be fine. Airsoft elite mp5s are easily the best on the market, next to TM. The blowback on the cyma is a dumb feature though, your paying more cash for more recoil and thus a loss of accuracy. I recommend you order from evike, they currently have a 18% off entire order coupon code. Dboys ak74s for 106$, plus shipping. Also airsplat stinks if you get a lemon. You have to return the product, get it repaired, and sent back, not for free of course. I don't know if evike is any better though.

Thanks. Was just using the links as references. I've heard no so great things about Airsplat as well.

For some reason the MP9 and AK were easy purchases. I'm just having an issue with this one. Maybe a shorter/mid length M4 would be more versatile than an MP5. The shorty AK can probably do CQB fine if I get into that.

I just didn't want what everyone else has, even though technically I think the M4s are cool.

Thanks. Was just using the links as references. I've heard no so great things about Airsplat as well.

For some reason the MP9 and AK were easy purchases. I'm just having an issue with this one. Maybe a shorter/mid length M4 would be more versatile than an MP5. The shorty AK can probably do CQB fine if I get into that.

I just didn't want what everyone else has, even though technically I think the M4s are cool.

If you want a very nice short/mid-length m4, I recommend an Elite Force M4 CQB. It's friggin awesome. I bought mine yesterday. Alternatively, a G&G CM