Sign in to follow this  
Vozery

Very First Load Out, Need Opinions.

Hey Guys, im going to be using this loadout but before I buy it, I want some opinions on what I should do, I have a 300 dollar limit, and I want an extra 100 or so dollars for equipment, like mags goggles , vests, etc, so don't give me a $250 dollar gun. thanks in advance.

My LoadOut:

Gun:http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=32676

Eye Protection:http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=28935

Barrel Upgrade:http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=24414

Mask:http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=33666

Red Dot:http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=26704

So, yea tell me what you think, and I know nothing about batteries or smart chargers yet, so I didnt include them in the list, but I do know I need them, and I am keeping that in mind!

Edited by Vozery

You could probably skip the barrel and red dot for now.

You should get more mags.

well I heard like 20 reviews saying with that tightbore barrel its going to increase the :pain: accuracy to about 150 feet and pushing, without it , people say it barely gets 100.?

and alright, ill skip the red dot and get a mag or two instead!

okay thank you so much, and which batteries should I get?

The stock one should work fine for a while. I wouldn't worry about that right away. Buy good bbs, might should buy a new bucking if you arent going to r hop it. the barrel. get a good vest. extra mags. you should be fine.

well I heard like 20 reviews saying with that tightbore barrel its going to increase the :pain: accuracy to about 150 feet and pushing, without it , people say it barely gets 100.?

and alright, ill skip the red dot and get a mag or two instead!

:censored2:, you can easily achieve 150+ feet with a stock barrel, focus on the hop-up, that's where the range is. That Systema barrel won't be much better than the stock barrel, G&G has pretty good barrels actually, getting 200+ feet range with the stock 370mm G&G barrel in my AK. Just do the R-hop or Flat-hop mod and use high quality bb's with a weight of at least .25g. So your list looks fine, just drop the barrel, and put that money into a 7.4v li-po and a cheap balance charger from hobbyking. Yes, get a li-po, ni-mh batteries suck, they are expensive, heavy, unreliable and have a low power output. A 1600 mah brick type 7.4v li-po should fit, as this gun seems to fit a standard mini-type ni-mh battery. If you want a new hop-up bucking for it, I can recommend a Guarder bucking, they are very good for the price.

:censored2:, you can easily achieve 150+ feet with a stock barrel, focus on the hop-up, that's where the range is. That Systema barrel won't be much better than the stock barrel, G&G has pretty good barrels actually, getting 200+ feet range with the stock 370mm G&G barrel in my AK. Just do the R-hop or Flat-hop mod and use high quality bb's with a weight of at least .25g. So your list looks fine, just drop the barrel, and put that money into a 7.4v li-po and a cheap balance charger from hobbyking. Yes, get a li-po, ni-mh batteries suck, they are expensive, heavy, unreliable and have a low power output. A 1600 mah brick type 7.4v li-po should fit, as this gun seems to fit a standard mini-type ni-mh battery. If you want a new hop-up bucking for it, I can recommend a Guarder bucking, they are very good for the price.

The ak has a different barrel. ive seen shooting tests right out the box and theres tons of flyers at like 100 feet, and only like 2 hits out of 15. just youtube it, and I know im taking one review and using that, but I don't want my gun to be like that!, and im not going to mod my gun, I have no clue what im doing, and I heard bad things about lipos also, and again I don't know what im doing, so I would probably f* it up..

The ak has a different barrel. ive seen shooting tests right out the box and theres tons of flyers at like 100 feet, and only like 2 hits out of 15. just youtube it, and I know im taking one review and using that, but I don't want my gun to be like that!, and im not going to mod my gun, I have no clue what im doing, and I heard bad things about lipos also, and again I don't know what im doing, so I would probably f* it up..

The AK has the exact same type of barrel, the length is almost the same even, and the hop-up works after the exact same principle, the only difference is I have stabilized the barrel and upgraded the hop-up. You should still be able to get 150 feet effective range with a stock barrel and hop-up unit, if you don't, then either something is wrong with the gun or you're using the wrong bb's. I'm getting that kind of range from even my cheap KS P90 with the stock barrel and hop-up unit. 150 feet is easily achieved with pretty much any stock gun, unless you use crappy light weight bb's and the barrel is clogged with silicone lubricant and dirt. There is a possibility that the guy that wrote that review had no idea how to handle and maintain an AEG you know. I've seen guys with $1000 guns that had never cleaned the barrel.

Li-po batteries are perfectly safe as long as you don't hit them with a hammer or heat them with a blow torch. My li-po batteries have never heated up or anything, the ni-mh batteries I used before could get so hot you could barely touch them. Ni-mh batteries can be dangerous too if abused. I had alot more trouble when I used ni-mh batteries actually, now I have no battery related problems at all. There are alot of myths surrounding li-po batteries, in reality they are just as easy to handle as ni-mh batteries, but more reliable with better performance.

Edited by Lefse

The AK has the exact same type of barrel, the length is almost the same even, and the hop-up works after the exact same principle, the only difference is I have stabilized the barrel and upgraded the hop-up. You should still be able to get 150 feet effective range with a stock barrel and hop-up unit, if you don't, then either something is wrong with the gun or you're using the wrong bb's. I'm getting that kind of range from even my cheap KS P90 with the stock barrel and hop-up unit. 150 feet is easily achieved with pretty much any stock gun, unless you use crappy light weight bb's and the barrel is clogged with silicone lubricant and dirt. There is a possibility that the guy that wrote that review had no idea how to handle and maintain an AEG you know. I've seen guys with $1000 guns that had never cleaned the barrel.

Li-po batteries are perfectly safe as long as you don't hit them with a hammer or heat them with a blow torch. My li-po batteries have never heated up or anything, the ni-mh batteries I used before could get so hot you could barely touch them. Ni-mh batteries can be dangerous too if abused. I had alot more trouble when I used ni-mh batteries actually, now I have no battery related problems at all. There are alot of myths surrounding li-po batteries, in reality they are just as easy to handle as ni-mh batteries, but more reliable with better performance.

Ill let you judge on the guy that made the review, I think hes pretty trustworthy, he has tons of reviews and what not and he knows what hes talking about, HERE and he talks about the barrel at about. 2:10. listen. and even check his channel if you think he has no clue. and he also has a review on the ak, which he specifcally says that its an amazing gun for its price and the barrel is EXTREMELY more accurate then the G&G's stock barrel.

He put in a Systema barrel, Systema barrels actually have slightly larger outer diameter, if you stabilize the stock barrel, I'm pretty sure you could still get fairly decent accuracy. I think you should try that before spending money on a new barrel, saving money is always good. You may trust that guy, but I don't, I disagree with him on several aspects of airsoft.

Stabilizing the barrel is fairly cheap, I just use regular electrical tape. Many techs prefer to use Teflon tape, you can try both and see what works best. I prefer electrical tape because it stay in place better. Wrap one or more layers around the barrel at the end until it fits snugly in the outer barrel. I did this with my AK-104, that has similar barrel length, and it significantly increased accuracy. There are other methods too, but the point is to make the inner barrel fit snugly into the outer barrel. There should be a guide on this in the internal tweaks guides in the upgrades section. You can probably find videos on how to do it, but it's not rocket science, just give it a try and be patient. Airsmithing is 50% patience and 50% knowledge, so if you have patience, then you're already halfway there.

When you come asking for advice on this forum, resistance is futile. :a-grin:

Edited by Lefse

Stabilizing the barrel is fairly cheap, I just use regular electrical tape. Many techs prefer to use Teflon tape, you can try both and see what works best. I prefer electrical tape because it stay in place better. Wrap one or more layers around the barrel at the end until it fits snugly in the outer barrel. I did this with my AK-104, that has similar barrel length, and it significantly increased accuracy. There are other methods too, but the point is to make the inner barrel fit snugly into the outer barrel. There should be a guide on this in the internal tweaks guides in the upgrades section. You can probably find videos on how to do it, but it's not rocket science, just give it a try and be patient. Airsmithing is 50% patience and 50% knowledge, so if you have patience, then you're already halfway there.

When you come asking for advice on this forum, resistance is futile. :a-grin:

Wait, so if I got like cushion foam or something, and wrapped the inner barrel with it so the inner barrel wouldnt move inside the outer barrel. id be good?

As long as the inner barrel is stable inside the outer barrel and it's still possible to disassemble it, then it should work. Stability is the key to accuracy, the more stable the components of the gun is, the better the accuracy will be. Cushion foam may be too thick, but just experiment a little and see what works best, regular scotch tape or duct tape will also work, as long as it fills the gap between the outer and inner barrel.

That's like the ideal loadout for a beginner.

But, I saw a test on the mesh masks where they shot them with an airsoft gun at point blank, and the BB shattered and went through the mesh. So I wouldn't trust those at all after seeing that.

I saw the same thing!, but im not planning on getting shot from point blank, and thats why im using regular glasses, I don't really need the mask, I just got it cause I like the way it looks, I used to play paintball, so im kinda used to getting shot hard.! I don't mind shattered bbs on my face every now and then, but my eyes would be totally different.

As long as the inner barrel is stable inside the outer barrel and it's still possible to disassemble it, then it should work. Stability is the key to accuracy, the more stable the components of the gun is, the better the accuracy will be. Cushion foam may be too thick, but just experiment a little and see what works best, regular scotch tape or duct tape will also work, as long as it fills the gap between the outer and inner barrel.

okay, yea I was just using an example!, but im trying to debate on this setup or a different setup with a sniper, im soo picky, and I want to snipe soo bad, so ): but if I got the sniper, would I just do the same thing with the inner barrel? or is it not needed? and I should do something else?

I would not recommend a sniper or the sniping role for a beginner. If you just go out on the field with a stock sniper and little experience, you'll be hopelessly outgunned by people with long range AEGs. 200+ feet effective range is not too difficult to achieve with an AEG, so to have any advantage with a sniper, it should shoot close to 300 feet.

I would not recommend a sniper or the sniping role for a beginner. If you just go out on the field with a stock sniper and little experience, you'll be hopelessly outgunned by people with long range AEGs. 200+ feet effective range is not too difficult to achieve with an AEG, so to have any advantage with a sniper, it should shoot close to 300 feet.

Yea, your right, but I cant find any fields here in New york, so im not likely going to be playing against AEG's reaching more then 200 feet, ill probably play with whoever I can find, and I like sniping, I always have, and if I don't start now, by the time I would have started, ill be 1million times better!

Edited by Vozery

Try and find an airsoft club that's not too far away. I started out the same as you did. Playing with friends in the woods with cheap guns. They got tired of airsft, I just got more into it, so I became a member of a club that has a field 45 minute drive from where I live. A bit far away, but definitely worth it, much better than those halfass organised little games we had in the woods.

If you really wanna play the sniper role, try it out with a reasonably priced sniper rifle, like the JG BAR-10. Sniping isn't for everyone, but maybe it's perfect for you, I know I definitely don't have the patience for it, I'm more of a "bulldozer" tactics kind of guy hehe.

Edited by Lefse

Try and find an airsoft club that's not too far away. I started out the same as you did. Playing with friends in the woods with cheap guns. They got tired of airsft, I just got more into it, so I became a member of a club that has a field 45 minute drive from where I live. A bit far away, but definitely worth it, much better than those halfass organised little games we had in the woods.

If you really wanna play the sniper role, try it out with a reasonably priced sniper rifle, like the JG BAR-10. Sniping isn't for everyone, but maybe it's perfect for you, I know I definitely don't have the patience for it, I'm more of a "bulldozer" tactics kind of guy hehe.

haha! I don't have patience, but I love being able to take that one shot,! and the closest thing to me is a paintball field, so ill have to go check that out and see if people can play airsoft there to.!

He put in a Systema barrel, Systema barrels actually have slightly larger outer diameter, if you stabilize the stock barrel, I'm pretty sure you could still get fairly decent accuracy. I think you should try that before spending money on a new barrel, saving money is always good. You may trust that guy, but I don't, I disagree with him on several aspects of airsoft.

Are you talking about me? If you are and you are talking about the battery comment I made I shouldn't have commented batterywise... I know very little when it comes to the battery aspet of an aeg. just as you say you never use a sniper I rarely use an aeg. When I do I have been more than happy with my stock battery. I use my sniper pretty much at all times. Always have probably always will. I just know vozery needed some help and I can personally vouch for madbull barrels, the r hop, and any questions he may have about the snipers he is looking into... mostly. What else do you disagree with on my part? I don't think I have made to many comments on this thread.

Are you talking about me? If you are and you are talking about the battery comment I made I shouldn't have commented batterywise... I know very little when it comes to the battery aspet of an aeg. just as you say you never use a sniper I rarely use an aeg. When I do I have been more than happy with my stock battery. I use my sniper pretty much at all times. Always have probably always will. I just know vozery needed some help and I can personally vouch for madbull barrels, the r hop, and any questions he may have about the snipers he is looking into... mostly. What else do you disagree with on my part? I don't think I have made to many comments on this thread.

he was talking about ASTKilo23, the link I showed him!, not you bro!, don't worry.

he was talking about ASTKilo23, the link I showed him!, not you bro!, don't worry.

alright my bad. I was just like wait a minute im the only other guy commenting here what did I do... lmao and yeah listen to this lefse about the battery. he knows more than I about that.

haha! I don't have patience, but I love being able to take that one shot,! and the closest thing to me is a paintball field, so ill have to go check that out and see if people can play airsoft there to.!

If you don't have the patience then don't buy a sniper. I spent a whole game saturday and I only got three kills. two with the sniper and one with the pistol.

If you want "realism", go for a sniper or GBBR, if you want the most performance for your money, go for a regular AEG. I often "snipe" with my AK or AUG, with their over average range and accuracy, I can use that to my advantage, the beuaty of it is that I can snipe with full auto hehe.

If you want "realism", go for a sniper or GBBR, if you want the most performance for your money, go for a regular AEG. I often "snipe" with my AK or AUG, with their over average range and accuracy, I can use that to my advantage, the beuaty of it is that I can snipe with full auto hehe.

how long do gbbrs last? isnt there more problems with gbb?