Sign in to follow this  
oda417

OIF Army SF kit, 2004-05

Decided on a kit based on the guys my dad knew/worked with in Iraq in 04-05. No reference pics were used because I can't find any, I got info purely from word of mouth from a family friend that was SF at that time. He (like 99% of SF) has no clue what gear he had, so it made it even harder to find this stuff. But, a simple "was this your vest" got the correct answer, and the rest I got from a few pictures of the SF headquarters my dad went to in Baghdad.

qJHqL.jpg

RAID Modded DCU combat shirt (hand-made for authenticity, pics of my dad's company gunners with these confirmed it)

EI CIRAS, Land, MJK (I have a ref pic of a Land being used, and the MAR version doesn't fit me well at all)

-EI Mag pouches

-SDS Woodland canteen pouch, weapon catch and mag pouch

-brandless M14 mags, IFAK and utility

-conderp M60 and double pistol

-Camelbak Sabre

MSA ACH w/ Rhino base/arm and MS2000 pre-blue strobe

Replica comtacs for weekend games, real comtacs for OPs

ESS goggles

Shemagh from the sandbox

PTT into Garmin Rino120

Gerber Automatic

Oakley gloves

Oakley Sabot shoes

KWA SR.7 Block 1 M4 w/ real Aimpoint, Surefire and soon to be, real PEQ2

Glock 19 w/ Serpa (not kosher but I have no $ for a M92)

Still need to get MBITR pouch with fake PRC152 to put a Wouxun in it, and more Eagle stuff.

Also, if anyone has reference pics of this time frame, please post.

I was going to ask if you meant "SF" in the general way most people use it, you know, to encompass ALL SOF guys, but your name is ODA417, so I'm sure you know your stuff :P Anyway, it looks great to me. From all the pictures I've seen, they seem to use DCUs with a mix of OD and tan/coyote brown. The only help I can give is....good job with the coloring! Personally, I'm not a believer in impression loadouts unless it's for reenactments or milsim, but to each his own! I think honestly, you could use any reputable gear maker that the US military uses to imitate a SF loadout. A lot of people claim that "they use this" or "they don't use that" but I think they rate a certain amount of freedom that grunts will never see. I mean, I'm sure there are guys rocking plate carriers while their friends are going with chest rigs. The bottom line is, we may never know!

Edited by yumadtho?

I was going to ask if you meant "SF" in the general way most people use it, you know, to encompass ALL SOF guys, but your name is ODA417, so I'm sure you know your stuff :P Anyway, it looks great to me. From all the pictures I've seen, they seem to use DCUs with a mix of OD and tan/coyote brown. The only help I can give is....good job with the coloring! Personally, I'm not a believer in impression loadouts unless it's for reenactments or milsim, but to each his own! I think honestly, you could use any reputable gear maker that the US military uses to imitate a SF loadout. A lot of people claim that "they use this" or "they don't use that" but I think they rate a certain amount of freedom that grunts will never see. I mean, I'm sure there are guys rocking plate carriers while their friends are going with chest rigs. The bottom line is, we may never know!

I agree. Special Forces are issued their own gear, but its not uncommon to see some of them buying their own gear to fit the requirements of the mission. I don't follow that theory, because theyre usually deployed only about 2-3 months at a time, so spending their own money to use it a few times is illogical to them, but if you need it, why not? I only run this kit at milsim games along with the rest of my team, though.

And depending on the unit, grunts have the same freedoms. I know guys that bought other gear to use. They don't always need it as much as SF does, but its there. 90% of this stuff is my dads that he used during the described time frame (04-05) so instead of going with the fad of a modern Multicam SF kit, I just stuck with a kit I was familiar with.

I didn't know everyone could purchase their own gear, that's pretty chill actually. And I know what you mean about the "multicam fad". I live in Arizona and my terrain is HARSH, HOT desert. It's pretty much Afghanistan out here haha and I think AOR1 and A-TACs are MUCH better options. DCUs fare better as well. Multicam is a little too dark to blend in well.

I didn't know everyone could purchase their own gear, that's pretty chill actually. And I know what you mean about the "multicam fad". I live in Arizona and my terrain is HARSH, HOT desert. It's pretty much Afghanistan out here haha and I think AOR1 and A-TACs are MUCH better options. DCUs fare better as well. Multicam is a little too dark to blend in well.

I'm from new york city so only ACU works here haha but where I play, its bright green brush, so Woodland works best.

Ah man, I WISH we had some woodland environment near me. While I think desert camo is the sexiest looking :P The weather and terrain change would be amazing. Anyway, good luck with finishing your loadout!

Thanks! I just wish I had legit reference pictures for this and not just a few pictures of my dad standing around a big table with delta boys :/