Sign in to follow this  
eman72

New player here!

Hey all!

I'm new to air soft and I just want to know some info about changing the fps on a gun. Currently I am looking to buy http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/JG_Airsoft.../jg-ae-8801.htm .. It is a Star dragon carbine which is a remodeled JG Stubby CQB M4.. The fps listed is 360-400 which I'm fine with but there lies a problem. I was looking at some air soft fields around me and found one for indoor play. The fps max is 350 so this gun wont pass. I've done some research on my own as far as changing the fps and it has lead me to getting a different spring for the gun.

Here are my questions.

I was wondering what spring I should use and if changing it myself would be easy, or if I would be better off going to the field and asking someone to do the job for me?

Will the springs be o.k. to reuse after being messed with to replace each other?

Do I need a special type of spring I.e. "one for M4's and such"?

Is the process the same for pistols as I will be looking to get one as well in the future.

One more note about buying guns in general. Should I stay away from refurbished guns?

Thanks for the time and help!! XD

Edited by eman72

You should get an m100 spring. There is pretty much just aeg and sniper springs so get an aeg spring. I would suggest learning to do it yourself. I really don't think it's that hard. But if you don't feel comfortable with it then by all means have someone else do it.