Sign in to follow this  
kemoesobie

Need Help Can't Decide!

It is very true that you can reach the same results with an aeg but it will cost more. I plan to try to make that sr-25 shoot harder and farther than my l96. the only real issue is that most fields have fps restrictions on aegs. Sure fps isn't by any means the most important thing but it is still important. Being that I mostly play at a field that I and a group of friends built I don't have to worry about fps rules. Don't get me wrong I love to play at fields but wisconsin doesn't have much to choose from. We get enough people to have nice games so it is still extremely fun. A bolt action is more for the extra fps at fields which with the right internals equals extra range. Not much but if used properly can be effective.

I am the same way. I play on fields with restrictions, but only played twice. I play on a friend's field so FPS rule doesn't apply. I want something that can reach through the field and get the job done.

I am the same way. I play on fields with restrictions, but only played twice. I play on a friend's field so FPS rule doesn't apply. I want something that can reach through the field and get the job done.

Ok if you are planning on using this gun on a field with no fps restrictions then you could build an aeg that shoot 550+ and has an ER of over 350 feet. There are two problems here. 1 cost, to do this it is going to run you $500 easy. 2, you will only be able to use semi auto. you could just upgrade an aeg to have few rpms and get higher fps. I don't really see the point here but you could do it. A bolt action however can be upgraded to the 350-400ft for about $350.

Ok if you are planning on using this gun on a field with no fps restrictions then you could build an aeg that shoot 550+ and has an ER of over 350 feet. There are two problems here. 1 cost, to do this it is going to run you $500 easy. 2, you will only be able to use semi auto. you could just upgrade an aeg to have few rpms and get higher fps. I don't really see the point here but you could do it. A bolt action however can be upgraded to the 350-400ft for about $350.

A good range I want is 200-300. More 300 then close to 200. How much would that cost?

The G&G m14 gets the shorter end of 200 ft stock. With a madbull/Prometheus barrel ($30/$65) You will probably get 300ft of range. Adda r-hop and you might be hitting near 400 feet.

I have yet to install an r hop. I really really want to just havnt gotten around to it. Will it really give 100 extra feet?

How much is a really good r-hop? Also the M14 looks awesome. Which one is even good? There is like 6 on airsoftgi.

There is only one r hop up. You can get it at clandestine airsoft for around $20 or the man himself hunterseeker5 also sells it on his website I believe.

Something that's a little easier to maintain is the A&K SVD, uses AEG springs and I know where to get a steel sear for it as well. I'm installing it in mine this weekend, ill let you know how it works out.

There is only one r hop up. You can get it at clandestine airsoft for around $20 or the man himself hunterseeker5 also sells it on his website I believe.

I meant there is like 6 M14's on airsoftgi. Also what is hunterseeker5's website?

So are you back on the m14 again? Any G&G will be fine. I think the $500 EBR might have the same internals with much cooler externals.

The M14 as an AEG. It can have a scope, bipod, and it has great range just like a spring sniper.

Something that's a little easier to maintain is the A&K SVD, uses AEG springs and I know where to get a steel sear for it as well. I'm installing it in mine this weekend, ill let you know how it works out.

Ugh I have an a&k svd and I absolutely hate that gun. Not only does the bolt pull suck (that little bar you have to pull on fits like one finger) but its hop up is crap as well. I have spent hours on that gun and just can make it shoot straight past 150ft. I hate hate hate it.

1. The only useful snipers in airsoft are the ones who camouflage themselves in a single location for a very, very long time, waiting for somebody to come along without moving.

2. Most AEGs can go as far or farther than a stock sniper rifle. You could probably upgrade an AEG to have as much range as an upgraded airsoft sniper rifle. This is why sniper rifles in airsoft are kind of...useless, most of the time.

3. I'd recommend getting a DMR. You can use it as an assault rifle, but it can go as far as a sniper rifle. Best of both worlds. But, these do cost money to make them good.