Sign in to follow this  
basketballerphx@aim.com

Barrel question!

I have a Dboys M4 CASV. Don't laugh, it's MUCH better than it sounds. Anyway, I want to upgrade the inner barrel. This being my first time, I need some advice. I have a 110mm suppressor currently attached to it and the barrel length is 14.5 inches. That's 368.3 mm. So I am looking for a barrel that about 460-470 mm. Any advice on brand? Or on the diameter? 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 and all that. I'll drop 50 bucks on it, no more.

Well at that length and price point your only option is a madbull blk python 6.03.

Btw stick with a 363mm, longer won't make a difference and this way you can detach silencer without inner barrel being exposed, for those tight corners or if the gun gets too front heavy.

Thread closed.

Edited by jonsun81

Second the MadBull 6.03, they're good barrels. Also, he will get a bit higher velocity with a longer barrel. Without knowing exactly what he needs it's hard to say if longer=better in his case.

+1, Jonsun, you can't say it won't have any different results, because you do not know his set up.

Thread closed.... :a-crazy:. Last time I checked you are not a moderator.

If you increase the barrel to a 470mm length, you are going to have to change the cylinder out as well. I agree with jonsun, that keeping a 363mm barrel would probably be the smarter choice. Increasing the barrel length should not increase velocity, provided that the gun has the proper cylinder air volume to begin with.

Barrel length has minimal effect on range and accuracy. Range and accuracy are mostly affected by hop-up and bb quality. Optimal compression is essential of course. My AK-104 with a stock G&G 370mm barrel has the exact same effective range as my AUG with Systema 6.04X509mm barrel. They have the same effective range because they both have similar power, use the exact same bb's and both have the flat-hop mod. The AK is actually slightly more accurate because the hop-up and barrel is more stable.

If you want longer range, upgrade your hop-up with the r-hop or flat-hop mod and use slightly heavier bb's.