Mangeezer

Can heavy BBs be damagable to AEG's?

As long as you use high quality bb's it won't be a problem. Who makes .26 bb's? Never seen that before.

Heavier bb's won't bring your gun down to field limits. If your gun shoots 400 and the limit is 350 you can't just use heavy bb's to drop it down.

Yep. A couple places I have seen even make you use their .2g BBs for testing.

BB's with that weight should be safe for any gun if they are good quality. Heavier bb's can damage our gun indirectly, if you use .34g or heavier bb's in a stock AEG, you may have to set the hop-up to max to get enough backspin, and when setting the hop-up to max you risk jamming the bb in the chamber. This can cause "permanent compression", and can kill your piston or sector gear.

I would actually highly recommend using .25's over .20's if you have a stock AEG, it will increase accuracy and may increase effective range.

Guest alberty

Using heavier BBs does not lower your guns energy. It will change the chronograph reading, but it does not mean your gun is producing less power.

Use any high quality brand and you should be okay with a heavier weight of BB.

Using heavier BBs does not lower your guns energy. It will change the chronograph reading, but it does not mean your gun is producing less power.

Use any high quality brand and you should be okay with a heavier weight of BB.

^this:

I use King Arms platinum .25's in my gun...either that or Matrix .25's. These two have a really smooth finish. The KA ones so much so that you can hardly hold on to 'em!

If you are only using heavier BB's to lower your FPS then don't. Using heavier BB's to meet field limits is a big "no no" The limits are in place for a reason.

I do recomend using .25s in your AEG. You will see increased range and accuracy.

If you wish to lower your FPS swap the spring out to a lower rated one.