Sign in to follow this  
Coyote98

JG MP5?

Hey guys my friend is new to airsofting, and I've been trying to find her a good AEG. The only problems I have is that she's on a budget of under $110 and we play in big-ish fields, so I've been trying to find a powerful gun. She was going to get something like my G36K, but they are to bulky for her and the M4s are too long she says. So I found this MP5(link below) and I think it should be alright in the larger fields if it shoots at a supposed 360FPS. So any good/bad things about this gun that you guys know about? Or any other guns that might be easy for her?

Here is ye olde linke:

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/JG_M5_S6_T...jg-m5s6-067.htm

I have that exact one. Found no problems with it. But if you are a bit of an action star, I wouldn't recommend so much dropping on this...especially the retractable stock. But I guess if it's for more field-ish, you should try out the one with the solid stock. It would definitely help with the ease of putting in the battery. Otherwise the internals on all 4 versions of it are pretty much identical. Shoots 360-380 and has some good range IMO for a short CQB made gun.

The AKs with the foldable stock would be my better pick for range either from CYMA or JG but keep in mind they do shoot 400 fps out of the box.

Edited by leonvx671

I have that exact one. Found no problems with it. But if you are a bit of an action star, I wouldn't recommend so much dropping on this...especially the retractable stock. But I guess if it's for more field-ish, you should try out the one with the solid stock. It would definitely help with the ease of putting in the battery. Otherwise the internals on all 4 versions of it are pretty much identical. Shoots 360-380 and has some good range IMO for a short CQB made gun.

The AKs with the foldable stock would be my better pick for range either from CYMA or JG but keep in mind they do shoot 400 fps out of the box.

Ok thanks, the AKs personally haven't been nice to me, and my bro has a JG and the battery compartment is absolutely horrid for beginners.... I'll look at the full stock guns then.

I'd be a little wary of the externals (not the internals, that guy above me must abuse the crap out of his guns, because JG's seem pretty solid) because one of the idiots I've played against was fielding his new MP5SD this weekend from JG and the selector switch came off (he did this himself, but it was basically a flick of the finger and pop! no selector switch.)

Another platform you may want to check out is the M14. Sounds like it'd be too big for her [given the thread], but worth a shot.

Other than that, CYMA AK's are the work horses of the AK series. From what I've read, it seems CYMA is better at making AK's than JG is, so the issues with your brother's AK might not be shared with the CYMA version.

You may also want to browse craigslist for your local area and see if you can find anything there that might interest her.

JGs falling apart? Mine is beast... Then again it's custom... But anyway, yeah after browsing all the websites I figured I'll get her an M4, as long as it isn't the heavier ones she should be fine. And yeah, I actually just got a CYMA AKS-74 and other than being heavy it's awesome.

don't buy a jg I have met so many people who have bought a jg brand new and when they opened the box they were already falling apart (I know from personal experince)

I've seen MULTIPLE threads that you have been in trashing on JG's, yet I heard you were just asking the other day if you should buy one.

Stop giving BAD UNTRUE ADVICE! Unless you've owned one, you have no room to speak.

JG's are amazing guns. I actually Opted to buy a JG G36 over any other brand. I've put at least $600 into it (externally and VERY VERY minimal in the internally) and I couldn't be happier. JG's are VERY VERY solid guns for beginners and experts alike.

With that being said I have held a couple of these MP5's and I have to say they are quite beautiful and nice. Hell I hate MP5's but I have to say these impressed me when I held them. very light very ergo and well they are absolutely fast in the hands. I personally have a G&G UMP and I use it for Field play ;) It can and will out range a lot of the M4/M16's I see out on the field (rather funny since the barrel length is maybe 5-6 inches if that.) Barrel length doesn't matter much, so long as the barrel is long enough to where the BB's don't hit anything while leaving the gun. So with that, the JG mp5 should work quite well in the field! Maybe you should have her grab a new hop up or a Mad Bull Black V2 barrel, if she finds the stock range unpleasing and dissatisfying. (I use the Black V2 in my MG36 and I have to say the performance is quite amazing)

Now before anyone bags on me for b***ch fitting on AK, here is the thread which ONLY 20 MINUTES before his post on this thread, he was asking weather or not he should get a JG... http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/cyma-CM0...1#entry18655691

Edited by Bladez 0f Fury

Bladez, you are smart :P. And ok, what is the general price for the barrel? I might get one.

Generally $30 from Evike. Very very cheap for such a great barrel :) make sure to grab the 6.03... The 6.01's are too small and generally jam more often.

Edited by Bladez 0f Fury

+1 on bladez opinion.

JG Mp5 is the real deal lol...but as with most if not all china made guns, their buckings arent exactly the greatest.

Change out the barrel to MB 6.03 and get a new bucking, maybe Guarder...and bam, what should be noticeable improvements on range...consistency...and groupings. Just make sure to clean the barrel every so often to keep it that way and avoid at all costs getting any oil in the bucking.

Cyma AK035 sounds perfect for her ($130 or less shipped). Also the Cyma Soc16. Maybe the Galaxy MP5k. Plastic but after 2 years of abuse the only thing externally wrong with it (my little brothers gun) was broken sites. Very small, very light, and fun to use. Only thing bad was getting the battery in was difficult for first time users.

Duuude that's a nice price! And ok, I won't get the jammy one.

And the Cyma's are nice yes, but they are frikkin heavy for her... I was thinking of maybe the Galaxy but opted out of it(I don't know why).

Duuude that's a nice price! And ok, I won't get the jammy one.

And the Cyma's are nice yes, but they are frikkin heavy for her... I was thinking of maybe the Galaxy but opted out of it(I don't know why).

JG MP5SD is the way to go ;)

Tell us how she likes it and how the first game goes with it!

Ok will do, as long as she doesn't go out of her way to buy something that she probly can't afford :P.