Sign in to follow this  
roboticnitemare

Which M200 should I get?

I have been a fan of the M200 ever since I laid my eyes on it. Last Christmas I got the Beta Project M200, and I found that the hopup was non existent and the range wasn't what I was expecting. It said on evike that it was fully upgradable so I assumed that if I wasn't satisfied with the range/power then I would buy a new spring. However, I couldn't find a spring that would work in it. Then the biggest problem arrived: a pin-and-spring system held onto the bolt by a c clip kept popping out. I sent it back for repairs and got it back and it worked fine. A week or two later, it popped out again, and I proceeded to get a refund for it.

Now I want another M200, and I'm looking at all the options (Ares, Socom Gear, Beta Project).

I want one that is skirmishable, and I would only buy the Beta Project again if someone could let me know if the one I got is just a lemon, and if there are any "DIY" upgrades or even upgrades I could buy for it.

Sorry for the long post, but please give me your input.

I say go for the Socom Gear. Shell ejection is just cool. I don't like the ARES because it is shortstroked so you can't pull the bolt all the way back. really takes away the realism.

When Evike said that it is fully upgradable, I think they meant since that the BP version is a exact clone of the ARES, it can take all the parts made for the ARES m200...

I say go for the Socom Gear. Shell ejection is just cool. I don't like the ARES because it is shortstroked so you can't pull the bolt all the way back. really takes away the realism.

When Evike said that it is fully upgradable, I think they meant since that the BP version is a exact clone of the ARES, it can take all the parts made for the ARES m200...

Don't buy the ARES version (I own one). Performance can be tweaked if you really know your stuff, but it's very limited even then. I agree with sniperx2s on the socom gear- it looks to be the most functional- and hands down most realistic. I'm not sure if that helps, but since I own the ARES version, I figured I'd give my .02

That's what I was thinking too, but would it be skirmishable? And would it be allowed at fields even though it uses 8mm? If anyone has skirmished with it please let me know how it is (not weight wise, but more of the features like shell ejecting, reloading, and 8mm).

Something also to mention: I like the look of the grip, clip, and barrel of the beta project, and it's half the price, so please share any info!

Edited by roboticnitemare

After thinking about it, I'm going with the socom gear. It's the most realistic, can be somewhat skirmishable, has a great collector value, has the most upgrade parts, and performs best out of them all. Thank you all for your input.

Yay! (runs in circles) Good for you man. Maybe...just maybe you will make a review with pictures, and specs. One can only hope!