Sign in to follow this  
esine

Tanaka M700: PCS + Upgrade Questions

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a Tanaka M700 off of eBay. The package included the rifle, magazine, and scope. I paid $230 shipped, which I thought was a great deal. What do you guys think? I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

Pre-bans contain the PCS bolt correct? How do I know if my rifles bolt is a PCS bolt or a restricted bolt?

Which hop-up upgrade kit allows AEG cut barrels?

Which hop-up rubber would be best?

Any other upgrade suggestions? (Already going to tap mags and go HPA)

Thats all I can think for now.

Thanks! :a-thumbsup:

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a Tanaka M700 off of eBay. The package included the rifle, magazine, and scope. I paid $230 shipped, which I thought was a great deal. What do you guys think? I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

Pre-bans contain the PCS bolt correct? How do I know if my rifles bolt is a PCS bolt or a restricted bolt?

Which hop-up upgrade kit allows AEG cut barrels?

Which hop-up rubber would be best?

Any other upgrade suggestions? (Already going to tap mags and go HPA)

Thats all I can think for now.

Thanks! :a-thumbsup:

It's indeed very nice price!

The PCS is located at the bottom part of the bolt and looks like this..

imag0285n.jpg

The unrestricted nozzle looks like this..

tanakam700nozzlepz3.jpg

As far as know there are no AEG type conversion hop up kits only VSR type and there are many available these days, the best is considered the King Arms.

You need to use with the kit a 555mm VSR cut barrel and a VSR bucking, preferably the 9Ball hard (purple) bucking.

Now for other upgrades.. You should probably will need to change and the hop up housing(part 91) as is the first things that breaks! There are some available, one is the Creation which is exactly the same as the stock, also you can buy the G&G and there's the Best Gun but it's kinda hard to find.

If you're going to tap the mags for HPA then you should consider the G&G Power Pack, it's basically durability upgrade of the mag components and it includes a stiffer striker spring for higher fps along with a steel cocking piece for the bolt.

With all that you'll have a very good setup :)

Wolf