Sign in to follow this  
Coyote98

Which UMP?

Ok so I want to add to my list of beautiful German weapons in my airsoft arsenal so I want to get an UMP. The only problem is I can't find any. So do you guys know which UMPs are the best UMPs for under $200? I have a low price limit due to the economy(go figure), so any good guns?

Ok so I want to add to my list of beautiful German weapons in my airsoft arsenal so I want to get an UMP. The only problem is I can't find any. So do you guys know which UMPs are the best UMPs for under $200? I have a low price limit due to the economy(go figure), so any good guns?

Not really. The only one I know of is the DE UMP and its not very good. The G&G for $300 is excellent though.

Not really. The only one I know of is the DE UMP and its not very good. The G&G for $300 is excellent though.

Well I was also looking at the Umarex UMP even though people look down upon them, because right now I'm either going to get the UMP for up to around $180 or a 20 Gauge shotgun for $200. So 300 clams ain't happenin' bud. :P

If your going to use the real steel for target shooting go for it. Buy what you will use. The Umarex is no good either don't bother.

Yeah the only reason I factored in airsoft is because of the fact that the real steel will probly be out of stock by the time I get to the store, I never make it in time. :P

Used G&G's go for $175 all day long. usually includes the gun and two mags (each mag is $35!) Pick up a used on :p The new versions are junk IMO.

The Umarex UMP competition model is fine for the pricepoint. People love to comment and more than likely don't own or have never played with the product their crapping on. The gun has a 3 month warranty from Umarex and is perfect for CQB and field use.

Run an 8.4 or 9.6 Nimh stick battery and you'll be happy.

The Umarex UMP competition model is fine for the pricepoint. People love to comment and more than likely don't own or have never played with the product their crapping on. The gun has a 3 month warranty from Umarex and is perfect for CQB and field use.

Run an 8.4 or 9.6 Nimh stick battery and you'll be happy.

No... It is not "fine" for the price point. Everyone HATES it. Its a big ol piece of crap. 100% The G&G is far superior and only a couple bux more. I OWN AND USE my G&G all the time, I've held the Umersh*t and got the chance to shoot it and thats exactly what it is. We just had this big discussion on them. They are 100% sh*t. The G&G's can be bought for $175 like I stated and is a MUCH MUCH better option than the Umarex.

Edited by DM Hackle
Bypassing the swear filter.

Bossman says cleanliness, and it is next to Godliness. Be careful :P But ok, I'll look for the used G&Gs then. I have had bad experiences with Umarex myself, and they really aren't the best dude. The only good thing I have made by them is an air rifle scope(it was free, so I'm not complaining). :P