Sign in to follow this  
boxman

Time for a new gun g&p vs. vfc

I ran this: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=37129 (in VFC V2 gearbox, VFC and mixed spare gears re-shimmed) for quite a while on a M150 and lastly M160 with 28-29 bps on 11.1v 25c 5000mah with a G&P Satan M180 motor. Then I tried the piston in a DSG and the pickup area just shattered. The support in that area is weak. I run blue Lonexs in all my guns now. I haven't had a fitting problem yet.

Metal pickup teeth scare me....LOL. I haven't tried the Lonex blue yet but it looks fairly good. I'm not sure the 10 metal teeth are needed but I can't honestly knock it till I try one. :) I've got a few Frankenpistons laying around here, They're preserved in jars labeled "ABBY NORMAL"

I used that piston, straight drop in, no modification in the VFC. Metal pickup scares you? Why?? It only started to cave in because the pickup had a horrible support design in a DSG setup.

I'm not fond of the sound they make when the sector gear "slaps" that back tooth at speed. Reminds me of my own teeth hitting each other after getting hit with an upper cut. :)