kilo123

Looking for GOOD MP5

Hello all,

I am in the market for an MP5.

I prefer an adjustable stock, RIS, and FULL metal: upper and lower receivers, inner/outer barrels. etc.

I know nothing about good brands in the MP5 department,

I currently am trying to sell a Classic Army M15A4 CQB and SRC/TSD M4 Commando

I want at least 320-360 FPS

Something that is built like a rock but shoots quick and hard.

I need an extremely reliable mp5

I've been told G&G has a Heckler and Koch licensed mp5 and that they are pretty good

Any suggestions?

First of all, no MP5 has a metal lower because the RS doesn't have a metal lower. Its always polymer.

AE MP5s are pretty old school, they have been around since before even I started airsofting. They are basically slightly upgraded ICS MP5s.

There are so many variants these days its hard to keep up. Proline, sport line, etc. I've always loved ICS MP5s, and they are the only AEG aside from the Systema PTW that sells a version that has a burst selector/function, which is pretty awesome. Also it has a split gearbox like their M4 series which IMO is awesome.

If it was me, I would get the SRC MP5 due to the fact that it is a stamped steel/welded upper receiver, and since I have access to a mill I can add in a burst selector on the lower receiver. But if I wanted to plug and play I would get the ICS pro series.

EDIT: Don't be confused-- not all ICS MP5s have the burst/split gearbox. Its a pretty specific line, and they still sell the old stuff I believe.

Also, apparently the ICS Pro series also has a stamped steel receiver.

Edited by NinjaTurtle

First of all, no MP5 has a metal lower because the RS doesn't have a metal lower. Its always polymer.

AE MP5s are pretty old school, they have been around since before even I started airsofting. They are basically slightly upgraded ICS MP5s.

There are so many variants these days its hard to keep up. Proline, sport line, etc. I've always loved ICS MP5s, and they are the only AEG aside from the Systema PTW that sells a version that has a burst selector/function, which is pretty awesome. Also it has a split gearbox like their M4 series which IMO is awesome.

If it was me, I would get the SRC MP5 due to the fact that it is a stamped steel/welded upper receiver, and since I have access to a mill I can add in a burst selector on the lower receiver. But if I wanted to plug and play I would get the ICS pro series.

EDIT: Don't be confused-- not all ICS MP5s have the burst/split gearbox. Its a pretty specific line, and they still sell the old stuff I believe.

So you would stray away from g&g mp5's?

I went through three mp5s.

CA

ICS

TM

I sold the CA after like a week because I didn't really like it so I couldn't really comment on this.

The Ics mp5 (pro series) or as they say, Mx5. This mp5 is pretty good. Built in burst fire mode and is metal. Some got split gearbox which is easy to work with.

Pretty realibity from what I can tell by using it.

MY favorite mp5 is the Tokyo marui.

This baby lasted me for years. I have done some upgrade so the magic is gone ;(

Really solid and shoots really fast stock. Pretty accurate as TM makes one of the best hop up.

Only con to what a lot of people don't like is that TM's mp5 is made from plastic SO if you want something metal, then go with some other brand

Well...after much scrutiny and research I have decided to go along with the Umarex G&G Mp5a5 with the HK licensing.

It had really great reviews on almost every major airsoft retailing website, and two local airsoft stores actually recommended it, telling me that it is one of the best mp5's on the market.

I bought it from airsoft megastore for 270 shipped and it'll be here friday so expect a review sometime next week!

Also, would a polymer handguard like on the mp5a4 fit on the mp5a5? I like the simple look of the mp5