Para-Spartan

Weapon Era

What do you prefer?  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Which era of weapons do you prefer?

• WW1-WW2
    • Vietnam
    • Present Day
    • Days to Come

Guest g36angel
:a-famerican: Modern day guns are my favorite.

-COMMANDER AIRSOFT

Thats because you haven't seen and or used the weapons of the future lol

Guest rws591

Days to Come, because the Masada/ACR is the most sexy gun I have ever seen. I can't wait to purchase one.

home_product2.jpg

Yum...

I like a mix of all of them but now my dad and I collect real steel WWII weapons. Let's see my inventory of military rifles are:

AKM, Bushmaster AR15, M1 Garand, M1 carbine, Yugo Mauser 48, Mosin Nagant 44, Mossberg 500. My dad wants an M1A1 Thompson but he has to get a full auto license. I want an M14 and M16A1 from the Vietnam war.

you young whipper snappers with your fancy tactical guns. Slopping on lighty up sights, and lasery thingers that practically aim the gun for you, next thing I know, you are gonna have a computer do your aimin'. All the while trying to make your guns smaller and lighter, with those pitsy 5.56 rounds, and all you young'ens trying to jam more rounds into each magazine. Back in the day we had real guns, heavy as heck, blastin away with real rounds, and we knew how to make them count, with just 20 .30-06's in the mag, and with relyin' on our iron sights, we blasted them baddies back to hell.

WWII guns are the best I think, and the only reason I have any from any other era is becuase I was hoping to use their parts for wwii guns and/or becuase I need a spare gun for any modern event where I can't say "well an irregular force could possibly get one of these. They are reliable and built to last, unlike your new plastic toy guns." :a-thumbsup: (Yes I know that many of the new guns with polymers last for a very long time, but it is more fun to act like a cranky old guy with his old reliable gun)

WWII For sure, they paved the way for most of todays modern Weapons. The gun that had the most significant impact on modern weapons, was the Sturmgehwer, or STG44. The Sturmgewher is credited as the grandfather of all assault rifles. It has an incresible history behind it. But my favorite weapon of all time, would have to be thr Thompson M1A1, absolutely beautiful.

Old school, new school, I like the guns that are -IN- school.

hell yeah.

but just for the record, vietnam era. not so much gi, more along the lines of the death wish and dirty harry sagas..ha, sagas.

when weapons looked more industrial w/ just a little of that retro classiness. now we're just bombarded w/ the tactical look. shooters needing a fackin' computer to ADS.

come on fellas, pick up that six shooter, they're great for throwing once they're empty.

you young whipper snappers with your fancy tactical guns. Slopping on lighty up sights, and lasery thingers that practically aim the gun for you, next thing I know, you are gonna have a computer do your aimin'.

You hurt my feelings :(

I love my tactical...however I do agree, iron sights ftw, lasers are bleh, red dots and scopes are just average, they slapped the iron sights on for a reason ;)

Eh, red dot optics are far superior to iron sights.

Depends. Red dots can be a pain, they need batteries, and they can sometimes be inaccurate and a pain to calibrate. They are pretty easy to get acquire a target with though.

The Aimpoint Comp M4, which runs on AA batteries, lasts forever.

They're also electronic, meaning stuff inside it can break and it's not waterproof.

I'd say dots for ease of targeting and all-around coolness, but irons for accuracy and durability.

Edited by Kavurcen

They're also electronic, meaning stuff inside it can break and it's not waterproof.

I'd say dots for ease of targeting and all-around coolness, but irons for accuracy and durability.

Red dots are easily accurate. I believe some (not sure which, could be Aimpoints and/or EOTechs, but don't trust me on it) are waterproof. And yes, they can break, which is why we have the wonderful invention of BUISs. Irons work, but optics work better. Use them when the option presents itself.