Sign in to follow this  
Zenic

Looking for a sturdy, low-priced M4

Hey I'm new here, name's Zenic. I personally don't airsoft but my little brother likes to dress up and act like police/military so I thought I should totally get him an airsoft rifle for christmas. I'm looking for an M4 that's below 100 but can last, he IS NOT going to be firing it, it just needs to stand up to being dropped a lot and being carried a lot. I need it to have good reviews(not made out of cheap plastic) but not break the bank ya know? Doesn't need attatchments just want a sturdy M4. Thanks in advance!

A good idea would be to buy a G&G combat machine for $140, sell all the internals and keep the body for your brother. The G&G is plastic but is EXTREMELY strong. Any other airsoft plastic breaks easy. Its actually nylon fiber, not plastic. You could probably sell the internals for $50 or so.

Edited by jgm

A good idea would be to buy a G&G combat machine for $140, sell all the internals and keep the body for your brother. The G&G is plastic but is EXTREMELY strong. Any other airsoft plastic breaks easy. Its actually nylon fiber, not plastic. You could probably sell the internals for $50 or so.

That's much more work than I'm willing to do to be honest, I've seen some around $60 but I just can't tell if it's sturdy plastic or not!

There aren't any good plastics besides G&Gs, I can guarantee you the G&G plastic wont break unless he starts using it as a sledgehammer. I suggest Really Cool cheap M4s that are $20 or so if your unwilling to get the G&G.

I really don't think it's the $20 crappy plastic one or the $150 hardcore one, there's so many in the middle. I just want a sturdy one for him to carry around, drop a few times that doesn't feel like cheap china plastic for under $100. Doesn't sound like too tall of an order.

Generally, if its an airsoft gun made from plastic, it will break if you drop it on concrete (from a height of course). If you were getting him a pistol, $100 would fit your bill easily. I have a tokyo marui famas that retails for $250-300. I would think it to break quite easily if dropped or slammed against something.

Generally, if its an airsoft gun made from plastic, it will break if you drop it on concrete (from a height of course). If you were getting him a pistol, $100 would fit your bill easily. I have a tokyo marui famas that retails for $250-300. I would think it to break quite easily if dropped or slammed against something.

It needs to be an M4, and we're talking about a 2-3ft drop at the most.

I found two options for you.

1. http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-2653-boney...irsoft-gun.aspx ($90)

2. http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-1910-boney...irsoft-gun.aspx ($90)

I would probably go for JG.

One of the reviews said the body looked cheap, thanks but no. And rails would be great I want him to have a foregrip if possible. I just want it to not look cheap!

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_in...oducts_id=10847

If that doesn't suit you nothing will. If it does break, you will be able to sell it for parts. don't throw away if he manages to break it.

I won't sell it if he breaks it, it's a toy toss it who cares? Thanks this is perfect, now to lurk until I can find it somewhere cheaper haha. If I can't I'll buy that one.

I care, you could get $40 for it easy to if it broke, no point throwing out money.

Eh oh well, I think I might buy 2 rifles for somewhere around 60-80 instead but different rifles. I'll have to look around, I realized it'd be more fun if we could have 1 rifle each and I mean he's 6 he isn't getting much more fun out of a $100 rifle compared to a $30, he'd probably have a lot more fun if I got 2.