to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Havoc Spartan

PolarStar Hopup

I made an M4 from parts I purchased like 3 years ago and upgraded it to a PolarStar build recently. I'm having a ton of issues with the accuracy being consistent with a 6.01 JBU barrel, KWA G2X bucking/REAPS Bucking, and MadBull Ultimate Hopup. This hopup setup worked great when the M4 was an AEG but recently I've had to readjust the hopup after every like 20-30 shots. Done some tests and its not my PSI spiking or decreasing because it stays consistent. I have my PolarStar set to Open-Bolt setting for instant trigger response and I personally think it stabilizes the bb better before firing but haven't tried turning this setting off and checking accuracy. I'm looking into getting one of HS5's R-hops and Prommy barrel combos online but the gun doesn't have a "stock" hopup chamber as everyone says to use. Should I look into a VFC hopup or Neo Strike (Haven't found a site that looks safe and has it in stock)? Any other hopup suggestions/alternatives I should look into?

KWA G2X bucking/REAPS Bucking, and MadBull Ultimate Hopup.

There's your problem right there. Those are probably two of the worst hop up buckings on the market. The kwa makes little contact the with the bb for the short amount of time. It is also a somewhat proprietary lip design and most likely does not seal well.

As for the reaps bucking, are you aware of what that is a knockoff of? R hop up. The reaps cannot seal with the nozzle because its poor design. It also does not fit the barrel properly, preventing it from applying hop up properly.

The madbull hop up chamber also has some weird fitting with the lips of the hop up bucking. I have found that it really only works well with madbull buckings.

I would recommend you get the r hop up z kit, a lonex hard bucking, and the lonex m4 hop up chamber. I would also loose the 6.01 barrel.

I looked into that but I think I'll get the IR because I live in CT and it has a tendency to get cold. I didn't want to get the Z-Kit because I've never installed an R-hop (I keep reading into it tho) and you mentioned getting a new barrel. If you're familiar with the R-Hop, the only question I can find an answer to is do you still use the nub and hopup arm to increase and decrease hop? R-Hop basically looks like you're just separating the hop ups rubber from the rubbers nub, glue it into your barrel window (after testing), make it flush with the outside of the barrel and make sure a bb can roll down with little force behind it and use the hopup arm to adjust like any other hopup. Is that correct?

I've installed my own r-hop successfully, it can be fully adjusted, and I believe that mine underhops .2s if its left all the way off. A lot of people recommend shaving off the fangs of the hop arm and installing an m-nub. This helps apply even pressure over the whole contact patch, improving results.