Sign in to follow this  
NinjaGinga

KWA KMP9(R) vs. KWA MP7

What would be better for a casual player thats looking to get more into airsoft, and get more active. I am mostly about looks, but the thing is, both look sexy to me so now I'm more focused on the specs of each gun. Also if you could also list what I should get along with the gun (e.g. Spare mags, lasers, optics, etc.) that would be much appreciated, also pros and cons of each gun. Sorry I'm asking for a lot, thanks anyways guys! :a-wink: P.S. For the KWA KMP9, list if I should get KMP9R or KMP9.

Short answer- Bite the bullet and get a WE m4. THe kwa subs leave something to be desired as far as upgrades go so you might get tired of the appearance and the lack of an upgrade path after a while.

If you are stuck on the two, get whichever one you can find mags for tbh.

I was in a similar dilema a few weeks ago and ultimately decided on the MP7 mainly for the control features. I like where the selector and bolt release are located. Personally I like a shorter stock and went with the MP7 so I could cut notches in the stock to adjust its length, but there is an aftermarket adjustable length stock available by angrygun. Those features were big in tipping me over to the mp7.

in terms of accessories I put whatever red dot I happen to have at the time and a light if I need to. I keep it plain and simple. I have guns that I work on both inside and out but the MP7 isn't one of them.

I was in a similar dilema a few weeks ago and ultimately decided on the MP7 mainly for the control features. I like where the selector and bolt release are located. Personally I like a shorter stock and went with the MP7 so I could cut notches in the stock to adjust its length, but there is an aftermarket adjustable length stock available by angrygun. Those features were big in tipping me over to the mp7.

in terms of accessories I put whatever red dot I happen to have at the time and a light if I need to. I keep it plain and simple. I have guns that I work on both inside and out but the MP7 isn't one of them.

Good choice mayte! ;)

I love my Mp7 and have had very few problems in it... I say few because I use propane instead of green gas.. stinky, and you have to lubricate the gun a lot when you use propane, a LOT

this is my review! ;)

What would be better for a casual player thats looking to get more into airsoft, and get more active. I am mostly about looks, but the thing is, both look sexy to me so now I'm more focused on the specs of each gun. Also if you could also list what I should get along with the gun (e.g. Spare mags, lasers, optics, etc.) that would be much appreciated, also pros and cons of each gun. Sorry I'm asking for a lot, thanks anyways guys! :a-wink: P.S. For the KWA KMP9, list if I should get KMP9R or KMP9.

I would go with the kmp9r, the kmp9 is the same price as the kmp9r but you have the choice of either having a fore-grip or not having a fore-grip as opposed to the kmp9 that has one integrated in it, you just have more real estate with the kmp9r. as for specs, the gun is good with a nice weight, and extreme key to detail. the fps is very good. the internals are good. I would go with kmp9r but that is just me.

My entire team at one point ran MP9s, but I ran a MP7. The Mp9s all had problems at one point or another, my MP7 never has. It is very easy to switch out bolts as well, lots of real estate for addons (compared to MP9 at least), and I noticed a slight higher accuracy (but not by much). The only downsides to the Mp7 in my eyes is the price (more than a Mp9), and the mags won't fit in MP5 pouches because of the magazine lip in the middle of the mag (40r rounders).

Edited by nieb15

Good choice mayte! ;)

I love my Mp7 and have had very few problems in it... I say few because I use propane instead of green gas.. stinky, and you have to lubricate the gun a lot when you use propane, a LOT

this is my review! ;)

1. LOVE your reviews.

2. In the event of getting a MP7 or KMP9, how many mags should I get for them?