Sign in to follow this  
simon7109

DBoys M4 CQB-R Full Metal is a goood choice?

Hi everyone.

I want to buy my first airsoft gun and start this sport and I looked for my self this weapon.

http://www.municak.sk/airsoft/db-m4-cqb-r-...al-logo-updated

What do you think?

I do not really know what I will play.

I think I need a gun for CQB and for field,but I do not have enoughe money for 2 weapons.

So can you help me pls?This is a good weapon for CQB and field play?

(sorry for my grammar mistakes,I just learning the english language)

I would avoid D-Boys because of the pot metal body. Zinc alloy is so heavy so its not a good idea for a first gun because you will get tired hauling it around. Grab a regular old JG m4a1 and get some midcaps. Then start learning upgrades and building your gun how you like it. Also just so you know any gun can be used in the field. Even the shortest gun will shoot far with a high quality barrel.

I do not have too much choice because I can't find JG in my country and the other M4s too expensive so my only choose is DBoys.

Here is the all DBoys M4 gun what I can buy:

http://www.municak.sk/airsoft/zbrane/dlhe-...aeg/dboys/m4m16

The other brand's is too expensive for me.I have max 200 euro for a gun.

I disagree with DMullen. I just got one for like $95 and it is pretty nice. It weighs less than my G36 which is 8 pounds, so it can't be that heavy(haven't had the need to weigh it). It shoots pretty nice, the only things that are bad in my opinion is that semi won't work using an 8.4(tried it for poops and giggles) and the only working external mechanism is the charging handle which opens the dust cover to reveal the hop-up. But I'm picky and I think it comes with a 9.6.

I disagree with DMullen. I just got one for like $95 and it is pretty nice. It weighs less than my G36 which is 8 pounds, so it can't be that heavy(haven't had the need to weigh it). It shoots pretty nice, the only things that are bad in my opinion is that semi won't work using an 8.4(tried it for poops and giggles) and the only working external mechanism is the charging handle which opens the dust cover to reveal the hop-up. But I'm picky and I think it comes with a 9.6.

It doesnt make much sense to compare an m4 and a g36... I guarantee a dboys m4 is heavier than a jg one.

Anyways, I would get the first one on that website the basic m4a1. Than leaves you room to do whatever you want in the future. Also don't forget mags, a chest rig, bb, mask and cost to play at your local field.

DBoys' AR-15 line is alright, but nothing special. It's too bad not many people discuss DBoys because their main competition (JG and G&G) are lower priced and have better selling points (reputable internals and great out-of-the-box performance, respectively). Don't let pot metal bodies discourage you; unless you're frequently dropping or putting it under high-stress situations, they do their job well with the nice bonus of helping you gain stamina while carrying heavier items around.

The strong spring may take a while to break in (if your playing area requires a CQB FPS under 350). I don't remember what battery voltage DBoys usually send their AEG's with, but these gearboxes may give 8.4v batteries a hard to time cycle. It would be great if you can readily buy a 9.6v that fits in case the one that comes with the box doesn't work well.

It is a pity that you can't find other options in your country, are you sure you haven't researched other places to buy where you can find more?

DBoys' AR-15 line is alright, but nothing special. It's too bad not many people discuss DBoys because their main competition (JG and G&G) are lower priced and have better selling points (reputable internals and great out-of-the-box performance, respectively). Don't let pot metal bodies discourage you; unless you're frequently dropping or putting it under high-stress situations, they do their job well with the nice bonus of helping you gain stamina while carrying heavier items around.

The strong spring may take a while to break in (if your playing area requires a CQB FPS under 350). I don't remember what battery voltage DBoys usually send their AEG's with, but these gearboxes may give 8.4v batteries a hard to time cycle. It would be great if you can readily buy a 9.6v that fits in case the one that comes with the box doesn't work well.

It is a pity that you can't find other options in your country, are you sure you haven't researched other places to buy where you can find more?

I have other options,but every other brands is expensive for me.

The DBoys is the cheapest.I can't find other M4s under 200 euro.Every M4 what I find and no DBoys is more expensive than 200 euro.

The DBoys M4 CQB-R has 9.6 v 1200mAh battery.(I think tihis is an updated version,the full name is in the store "DB M4 CQB-R full metal, logo, updated")

And can 390-400 FPS.(I saw a youtube video)

Well usually they are completely different, but I replaced almost everything that was plastic on the outside with something metal except for the body(one item is a 3 pound stock&adapter). And I weighed the M4 and it weighs 9 pounds. So it weighs more, but just barely.

And yeah a basic would probably be best. But you don't necessarily NEED a chest rig/vest, if you want you can shove the extra mags into some BDU pants if you can't find anything in the price range. But yeah a mask, mags, BBs, etc. would be a good idea.

So this gun is worth it if it's in your limited price range is what we are all saying I think. :P

Thx for the answers.

pretty much ALL dboy guns are the same on the inside, with the Dboys PDW being one of their best guns, but I think dboy is a good beginner gun, because its full metal, and a lot of airsofters go into it for the guns and realism more than the sport... so if you have a realistic gun, thats a plus going into the sport ;)

thats what I think anyways

Here's the Dboys S-System, like the one in Call of Duty for most people :P

like the one in Call of Duty for most people

You had to bring that up? I understand you are joking, but CoD players are so frikkin annoying usually... There was actually a kid who was wearing choco-chip desert camo with plastic Nerf looking body armor in the FOREST. Then used his rental "Ack 4-7" with way too little trigger control. Yes he called it that.

But anyway Simon, the only problem I saw was that the mag didn't feed properly, but it's an old used one so I think I new mag will be fine.