Ericthesniper

thomson m1a1

An M1A1 is far from a DMR. I hope you know that it's quite difficult to get a DMR-quality gun out of the box (in my experience, at least).

If you're looking for a decent Thompson that won't burn a hole in your wallet, the CYMA M1A1 and CYMA Typewriter are both pretty good and reliable. Don't expect to start getting über 1337 haxxxx h3adsh0tzzz from 200 feet away, though.

Edited by Cardboard Box

An M1A1 is far from a DMR. I hope you know that it's quite difficult to get a DMR-quality gun out of the box (in my experience, at least).

If you're looking for a decent Thompson that won't burn a hole in your wallet, the CYMA M1A1 and CYMA Typewriter are both pretty good and reliable. Don't expect to start getting über 1337 haxxxx h3adsh0tzzz from 200 feet away, though.

HAHA yah sorry im new to this sight and I was trying to make 2 difrent posts for a good sniper/dmr and an other post for a good m1a1!

where do you order from? which sight?

I've always used Airsoft Atlanta I live like 20 minutes from them. Most people order online from AirsoftAtlanta, AirsoftGI, or Redwolf. AirsoftAtlanta has TONS of Tokyo Marui guns and they do have the thompson. Amazing Customer service aswell check them out.

*edit* they also have the King Arms Thompson, cant find the cyma but they may have it.

Edited by Shadow Sniper

ASGI has the CYMA M1A1 in stock here. Airsoft GI has been good from my experience, but your milage may vary -- they shipped my friend a defective SR-25 once, and while they did let him return it for a working one, it took them about a month and a half to do so. If you do decide to order from ASGI, there are some discount codes floating around so you should be able to get around 10% off.

A small note (in case you weren't aware): the CYMA Thompson does have a good amount of metal parts; however, a part of the receiver is plastic (it's been a while since I've worked with a Thompson) and the "wooden" pieces are textured plastic. This isn't necessarily bad -- the plastic is pretty sturdy -- I just wanted to set this straight so that you don't order the gun and expect real wood furnishings. In case you ever decide to do tech work or upgrades with the gearbox, the Thompson comes with a V6, which is somewhat difficult to work on compared to a V2 or V3. If you're not going to be doing any work on your gun, this doesn't really matter, as most every experienced tech should know how to work a V6.

Also, since the M1A1 is an early/mid-1900's gun, optics are extremely limited. If you want rails on it, you've gotta drill them in yourself. Otherwise, get used to the iron sights (which actually aren't that bad, in my opinion).

As for the King Arms Thompson, I have no clue how it stacks up against the CYMA. Wait for someone with firsthand experience with it to drop in their opinion. "I heard this" or "it seems like this" don't mean anything if you haven't confirmed the info yourself, especially if the information you're relaying is outdated.

Edited by Cardboard Box

I've always used Airsoft Atlanta I live like 20 minutes from them. Most people order online from AirsoftAtlanta, AirsoftGI, or Redwolf. AirsoftAtlanta has TONS of Tokyo Marui guns and they do have the thompson. Amazing Customer service aswell check them out.

Your missing many popular companies such as Evike, ehobbyaisa, Trinity airsoft, and airsplat which is crappy.

Edited by jgm

I got my King Arms M1A1 off of Evike, and have upgraded it extensively. I DO get 1337 headshottssss at 250 feet haha. The V6 gearbox is actually much easier to work on than a V2 (IMO) because the motor cage AND trigger unit are outside the gearbox. My Thompson was actually my first gearbox to work on ever, and after two years it is still going strong and I love it. PM me if you have any particular questions, my M1A1 knowledge is pretty extensive.

I got my King Arms M1A1 off of Evike, and have upgraded it extensively. I DO get 1337 headshottssss at 250 feet haha. The V6 gearbox is actually much easier to work on than a V2 (IMO) because the motor cage AND trigger unit are outside the gearbox. My Thompson was actually my first gearbox to work on ever, and after two years it is still going strong and I love it. PM me if you have any particular questions, my M1A1 knowledge is pretty extensive.

finally someone who has the King Arms! without your upgrades was it preforming decently? I wish I could shoot em all and see which one I liked better.

I've handled both the King Arms and Cyma. They perform about the same out of the box, about 360 FPS and 14 RPS on a 9.6v battery, about 125 feet effective range (chest shots 9/10 times, it IS a CQB gun honestly). The King Arms is a little nicer on the outside. After about $100 in upgrades though (barrel,bucking,spacer,torque motor,deans,lipo, shims,etc.) my King Arms is the best field rifle I have ever used. I shoot .36s at 270 FPS (yes, heavy BBs at a slow FPS), and I EASILY get headshots at 250 feet. I highly recommend the King Arms for the externals, but the CYMA can be upgraded to perform just as well and can take metal body upgrades as well.

In all honesty, I've worked on a V2 a few times and I never really liked it. Probably because I'm too used to everything about the V3, haha. Maybe if my friend will let me work on his Thompson again I'll take a shot at opening up the V6.