turtletech

Why do people want hard kick in pistols?

I've always wondered this. I am not a person to want a hard kick from a pistol. To me, it seems to be a gas waste, and is unneeded. While I see the merit in a crisp and solid blowback, being that it helps as its a consistent kick and helps you keep on target better than a slow and sloppy kick, I don't get wanted it to kick harder. It just makes it harder to accurately shoot repetitively. Can anyone give me a reason except for the fun of it (I do realize its more fun with more kick).

Have you ever shot a real handgun? There's your answer.

But no matter how hard your GBB shoots it'll never kick as hard as a real handgun. Not even as hard as a .22

But it does make make you jump up and down like a little kid when you're gun does buck like a horse in your hand. But then again, short stroking my TM Hi Capa 5.1 to the point where it only :censored2: the hammer and chambers a bb is just as satisfying as it has barely any recoil, cycles faster than anyone can pull the trigger and gets great gas efficiency. In the end it's all about performance, whether it be practical like cycle rate and accuracy or just frickin' cool and kick like a mule. Whatever makes you happy. That's what airsoft is all about.

I don't know if folks from other places think so too, but where I play a lot of folks want hard kick/extra recoil because they feel that the feedback is more realistic/authentic to actual firearms and that the extra kick in a gbb airsoft gun will transfer over to actual firearms handling. Whatever the reason, the demand is clearly high enough for brands to make (aftermarket) products to give extra kick.

I don't find extra kick/recoil in gas blow back guns to be necessarily more realistic. What I would rather see are triggers that mimic actual weapons in terms of slack, weight of pull, and other factors.

I don't know if folks from other places think so too, but where I play a lot of folks want hard kick/extra recoil because they feel that the feedback is more realistic/authentic to actual firearms and that the extra kick in a gbb airsoft gun will transfer over to actual firearms handling. Whatever the reason, the demand is clearly high enough for brands to make (aftermarket) products to give extra kick.

I don't find extra kick/recoil in gas blow back guns to be necessarily more realistic. What I would rather see are triggers that mimic actual weapons in terms of slack, weight of pull, and other factors.

A thousand times this. I want an airsoft GBB with a REAL feeling trigger, 4-5lbs, not this featherweight 1lb hair trigger crap.

I would also say having the hardest kick/recoil possible would be nice for a more realistic cost effective firearms practice. I have been making lighter parts for my gas pistols to actually increase recoil as well as testing how high an FPS I can achieve.

I am very interested in seeing how the new WE M&P GBBP will be. I hope they make a Shield version.

Edited by Airsoft Armada.com

Gotta say, I love my TM Hard Kick Desert Eagle. People hear it at my field and they know its going to hurt. I've been told by a few people it has the kick of a .38 but I've never shot a real gun so wouldn't know. I just wish people would stop asking the stupid question, "Is that the Full Auto Desert Eagle?" "No... it functions like the real steel. Like every replica should."

Gotta say, I love my TM Hard Kick Desert Eagle. People hear it at my field and they know its going to hurt. I've been told by a few people it has the kick of a .38 but I've never shot a real gun so wouldn't know. I just wish people would stop asking the stupid question, "Is that the Full Auto Desert Eagle?" "No... it functions like the real steel. Like every replica should."

Recoils like a .38...um...that would depend on the real gun it was compared to. Ruger Security 6 with a 8" barrel would just twitch with a .38 load versus say a Ladysmith with a 2" barrel which would climb a bit....but...no...it doesn't recoil like a real gun.

I also get the FA question with ..M9, Glocks, M1911's and I was even asked about a P99...is that FA? If someone would ask me to see if they can make a pistol FA. I would hand it back to them and say...you wanted me to fix your gun right? So why are you asking me to break it?

Edited by Guges Mk3

Recoils like a .38...um...that would depend on the real gun it was compared to. Ruger Security 6 with a 8" barrel would just twitch with a .38 load versus say a Ladysmith with a 2" barrel which would climb a bit....but...no...it doesn't recoil like a real gun.

I also get the FA question with ..M9, Glocks, M1911's and I was even asked about a P99...is that FA? If someone would ask me to see if they can make a pistol FA. I would hand it back to them and say...you wanted me to fix your gun right? So why are you asking me to it?

IKR. Full auto only makes sense with the Glock 18, and M93r. Other than that, no standard pistol fires full auto. Not to mention, for a pistol, its quite worthless.

Edited by turtletech

I also get the FA question with ..M9, Glocks, M1911's and I was even asked about a P99...is that FA? If someone would ask me to see if they can make a pistol FA. I would hand it back to them and say...you wanted me to fix your gun right? So why are you asking me to break it?

Like I said, never shot a real gun but mine is a recoil spring, a real guns is a explosion that breaks the sound barrier (depending on the round). Highly doubt my gun mimics an explosion.

But no matter how hard your GBB shoots it'll never kick as hard as a real handgun. Not even as hard as a .22

Some of the hard kicking airsoft guns actually kick approx as hard as SOME small 9mm handguns, like, say a px4. Handguns don't all kick all that hard. Heck some machine guns have recoil but nearly zero kick to it. Like the uzi's and mp5s. Those things really feel soft when you shot them. Or stuff like the AA12, I barely notice the kick.

Otherwise yeah, the kick is half the fun :) (the gbb noise is the other half? :p) In fact, I feel bad when theres nearly zero kick on some real steel weapons, since I shot them for fun, not for killing stuff or being ultra accurate.

Kick or no kick, as long as the gas blow back rocks the slide... I like the simulated realism, and I like the slide to cycle out... and subsequently, I like it to lock back when empty... otherwise why own an airsoft pistol?

Believe it or not, I just don't like really hard kick. I still like the action as it makes it feel like its got a bit of power, and I feel that it helps me limit myself so I don't empty the thirty rounds right off the bat.

Believe it or not, I just don't like really hard kick. I still like the action as it makes it feel like its got a bit of power, and I feel that it helps me limit myself so I don't empty the thirty rounds right off the bat.

I just made a video this evening of my KJW M1911 Tactical, it has very little kick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdJt6xIxAF4&feature=plcp

I just made a video this evening of my KJW M1911 Tactical, it has very little kick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdJt6xIxAF4&feature=plcp

I actually have that same gun. Its a nice pistol for when I've gotta get somewhere quick in a game. Hard to do fast shots using my rifle.