fradd

To the people with lots of guns

I have an airsoft fund set aside from my job. It's called overtime. Anything I make during regular pay goes towards bills and everyday life, but anything I make in overtime, I allow myself to spend on my hobbies. Usually that amounts to $2-300 a year. I have been doing this for 6 years, so it begins to add up.

Generally you don't acquire thousands of dollars worth of guns over night. It is a gradual process. In 8 years of airsofting, I have bought 4 brand new guns. 2 of them were sold or traded for used guns, so to some extent, it funds itself. Currently I have 5 guns (3 rifles, 2 pistols)

I have an airsoft fund set aside from my job. It's called overtime. Anything I make during regular pay goes towards bills and everyday life, but anything I make in overtime, I allow myself to spend on my hobbies. Usually that amounts to $2-300 a year. I have been doing this for 6 years, so it begins to add up.

Generally you don't acquire thousands of dollars worth of guns over night. It is a gradual process. In 8 years of airsofting, I have bought 4 brand new guns. 2 of them were sold or traded for used guns, so to some extent, it funds itself. Currently I have 5 guns (3 rifles, 2 pistols)

That sounds pretty average. I myself only have acquired two guns. I bought my first rifle with my own money, and I got a GBB for my birthday. But I don't hope to get a ton of guns. If I see a good deal on Craigslist, maybe. But I haven't seen anything good recently.

Learn to market in airsoft is how I made my airsoft collection with a bit of fund from the start.

Started with $300 then I started my way to airsoft collection and now I have a collection of $5k+

3 guns are already worth 1k+ each and then I have other guns.

And yes, my job pays for some but if you see a good deal and buy it, you can earn more money to buy better guns without spending much.

I probably have 10K+ worth of airsoft guns........

On top of paying for school and saving up for car.....(already have enough to buy a car but just want something a bit better....)

Parents never paid a dime for my airsoft stuff.

Mostly doing buy/sell/trade and tech works.

I am there with EdI to be honest.

I started with a UTG M324 worked on it and sold it to a buddy for a little profit. Then took those funds and then bought something else and did the same thing.

I have had rifles that range from Kokusai Car-15 and Kokusai Crimebuster to PWD MR-30, as well as very upgraded Tanakas, VSRs, and APS-2 rifles. Just about all of the rifles have had more than $1K into them, and more than a few of them were sold at just about twice that much.

It is all about what you do with the rifle and how you do it. If you make something that is quality and that people want, you will make some money.

It does take some time, but you will get the hang of it :D

I probably have 10K+ worth of airsoft guns........

On top of paying for school and saving up for car.....(already have enough to buy a car but just want something a bit better....)

Parents never paid a dime for my airsoft stuff.

Mostly doing buy/sell/trade and tech works.

The only reason my parents have paid for any of this is the issue of the economy. In my small town of about 1500 people (not kidding), its hard to find work. Especially when there are only a few businesses that can hire. There's a larger city nearby, but its expensive to drive in there. And I don't know where to look in the city.

Do you have like $1000+ worth of airsoft guns because you have a job and you set aside an airsoft fund or something?

Or are you a kid who has rich parents and gets a new gun every Christmas?

I don't get it.

What?? I take it you are not an adult or the answers to your questions would be simple........... It's called disposable income, Either they are making some themselves or the parents are generously giving it away to their children. *Hobbies*......... What generally separates Men & Boys with their toys is MONEY!! LOL

Guest alberty

Airsoft is my main hobby right now, so any money I have usually goes toward it over time. I neither have a "fund" or parents willing to pay for all of this stuff.

I either work jobs here and there or cycle through items by buying and selling. It's not like having a large collection is for the privileged. Look at people in all other hobbies with thousands of dollars of equipment. Instruments, sports, cars, computer gaming, firearms, etc...not everyone interested in these things are rich.

I make enough money to put aside a few thousand kronor (100 USD is about 700 SEK) per month for airsoft related things.

But to be honest, I don't put nearly as much into my guns as I do with my large collection of soviet and russian issue.

I think the thread is weird though. What is the purpose? Envy of people who work or have rich parents? Why does it matter if person A has guns for 10000 USD and another has an LPEG - and why does it matter how they got them?

Regardless, you murricans should be happy you don't pay as much tax as we do over here. I'd have loads more to spend on my hobbies (russian collection & airsoft and my dog) if I didn't have to give up half my pay every month to the tax man...

I make enough money to put aside a few thousand kronor (100 USD is about 700 SEK) per month for airsoft related things.

But to be honest, I don't put nearly as much into my guns as I do with my large collection of soviet and russian issue.

I think the thread is weird though. What is the purpose? Envy of people who work or have rich parents? Why does it matter if person A has guns for 10000 USD and another has an LPEG - and why does it matter how they got them?

Regardless, you murricans should be happy you don't pay as much tax as we do over here. I'd have loads more to spend on my hobbies (russian collection & airsoft and my dog) if I didn't have to give up half my pay every month to the tax man...

LOL.......I have to give a 1/3 to the tax man and the other 2 to the Ex-wife.

Does the value include upgrades, or just the base gun? If upgrades are included, then I've passed 1000 bucks a long time ago. And yes, I've paid for all of my gear and guns myself, $1000 isn't actually that much money if it' spread over a few years. I have $1000+ worth of AEG's simply because I prioritize airsoft. I drive a reasonably and economic car, my living costs are low, and I don't go to parties every weekend. I haven't really spent any more money than other people would spend on their hobby, like fishing for example.

tumblr_mb24eusDpa1rvm0v5o1_500.gif

Well, that explains this whole topic. :a-laugh:

BUT I am 14 and have only 5 guns. I sold my beginner stuff and got upgrades. I only have one actual rifle, my G36 has a value of around $300 now and I have had it for about 4 months. Then I have a shotgun and a few handguns. I usually don't think I need more because I am in love with the little that I have.

But I sell real steel items like scopes and all that which I have acquired from family and sell my old Wii, games, things like that. On top of that I lost my job(go figure) so I am going to participate in .22 shooting competitions around where I live and probably sell what I win if I win.

It just takes time, patience, and determination. Airsoft is really the only thing I am doing other than shooting competitions as said, so that helps with the process.

Anybody remember this??

IMG_5029.jpg

When it comes to owning lots of guns, don't do it unless you purely enjoy collecting them.

When it comes to actual playing, I only use 1 or 2 of my "goto" skirmish guns. The rest I just like to plink around with, build for a specific curiousity, or showcase.

Don't worry about the rich kid at the field who has everything. Master a specific platform and increase your gun's ability with your own familiarity and expertise of a gun you are genuinely intimate with. That will provide the biggest payoff. :a-salute:

Disposable income baby. all the money I make goes into whatever I want. I don't pay for food, a house or any thing besides a cell phone and car insurance bill. One of the many perks of being in the military. ;)

Disposable income baby. all the money I make goes into whatever I want. I don't pay for food, a house or any thing besides a cell phone and car insurance bill. One of the many perks of being in the military. ;)

+1 FoxHounds............ Spend that Mula! LOL................. DISPOSABLE INCOME FTW!!

Edited by Standard4130

Anybody remember this??

IMG_5029.jpg

When it comes to owning lots of guns, don't do it unless you purely enjoy collecting them.

When it comes to actual playing, I only use 1 or 2 of my "goto" skirmish guns. The rest I just like to plink around with, build for a specific curiousity, or showcase.

Don't worry about the rich kid at the field who has everything. Master a specific platform and increase your gun's ability with your own familiarity and expertise of a gun you are genuinely intimate with. That will provide the biggest payoff. :a-salute:

I have to say, that must have been expensive, but they all look wonderful.

You are making me feel old. As an adult I can spend what I want on airsoft... I can also eat cookies and pizza when ever I want.

You sir, are the envy of all.....that don't work xD

I recently had a newborn son, so my spendin had to "mature up" I guess...no more bulk buying a box of upgrades for like 3-4 hundred sterling (6-700 dollars)

Heh, I admire the freedom of those who live alone and can eat cookies and pizza whenever they want. Then again, you're left to pay taxes and other costs on your own.

As a minor living with parents, a majority of my small income goes to my airsoft stuff, though my spending usually bottlenecks when my parents confront me about trying to dump $50 on a MOSFET (yeah...). Plainly put, my income is scarce (scrape up small cash by mowing the lawn once a week) and my spending is limited. I only really own two guns.

I'm the type of person who envies collections like the one that GoLgo has. :a-laugh:

Well, that explains this whole topic. :a-laugh:

BUT I am 14 and have only 5 guns. I sold my beginner stuff and got upgrades. I only have one actual rifle, my G36 has a value of around $300 now and I have had it for about 4 months. Then I have a shotgun and a few handguns. I usually don't think I need more because I am in love with the little that I have.

But I sell real steel items like scopes and all that which I have acquired from family and sell my old Wii, games, things like that. On top of that I lost my job(go figure) so I am going to participate in .22 shooting competitions around where I live and probably sell what I win if I win.

It just takes time, patience, and determination. Airsoft is really the only thing I am doing other than shooting competitions as said, so that helps with the process.

All guns and no gear. I remember seeing that awhile ago. I personally live at home with my folks and I work about 60 hours a week, so I just set aside money to pay my bills that I have, and other than that, I just don't let my bank account get below a certain dollar amount, and the rest is free game(Airsoft, Real Steel, guitars, car, etc...)

So, moral of the story is. graduate high school, get a full time job, live in your parents basement, have no life, and... airsoft

I got my first AEG as a gift, but the other 6 (and counting) guns, countless parts, mags, and accessories I got on my own. I try not to dump money into airsoft (besides expendable things like BBs). I try to buy, sell, and trade the items I already have for profit. It allows me to use many different types and brands of guns while generating more money to buy another.

I'm currently working on collecting a variety of 7.62 replicas. 3 AKs and 1 CA25 down, several M14s to go.

I really don't get the point of the question....

The guns in each collection are not stolen...

I own over 40 guns (pistols and rifles) some are quite rare and some cost $3000-4000 each. My collection is well over 20.000 euros!

I haven't steal them I work 13 hours the day 6 day a week, I don't smoke, so I can pay something for my hobby!

I'm a skirmisher and collector.

Wolf

All guns and no gear. I remember seeing that awhile ago. I personally live at home with my folks and I work about 60 hours a week, so I just set aside money to pay my bills that I have, and other than that, I just don't let my bank account get below a certain dollar amount, and the rest is free game(Airsoft, Real Steel, guitars, car, etc...)

So, moral of the story is. graduate high school, get a full time job, live in your parents basement, have no life, and... airsoft

I have a ton of gear. Maybe too much at times lol. But I am probably selling almost everything I own, my gun fried at the field yesterday but I want to keep Lil' Babycakes...

LMFAO I spent $300 on my gaming PS3

Well, I'm talking about PCs. The price is higher, but its worth it if you have the cash, due to the multitude of games and the many different things you can use a PC for. You wouldn't be able to use a PS3 as a DVR, neither would you be able to use it to play games with releases only on PC (such as steam games).

Airsoft doesn't have to be expensive. Somewhere along the line, some cocky person developed the attitude that money equaled skill and experience. That attitude then spread and now everyone thinks the only way to get good at airsoft is to spend a lot of money. That is not how airsoft is. Is it expensive? It can be, but it doesn't have to be. I got interested in airsoft maybe seven years ago. My first gun, the only thing my parents bought for me, was a Crosman spring pistol. Having next to no money, no debit/credit cards, and parents who hate the sport, I had no access to better equipment so I basically cleared out :censored2:'s sporting goods over my first couple years of being in the game. As I got older, I learned more about the game and the equipment. I got a job and was able to pay for some airsoft stuff. My job doesn't pay well, I don't get many hours due to classes, and I pay a car lease and gas each month, so I'm definitely not a heavy spender. Today, I have a small collection of guns from over the years but most are cheap and only one of them was any expensive and still wasn't near what most people consider "expensive". The way I see it, if you're not going to use it, don't buy it (unless it's cheap and really cool). As with any hobby in the world, there is always the "collector" aspect, but there is also a thin line between collector and an obsessed, lavish spender. When people are under the age of 20, living with their parents, have an expensive car (or no car because of their "priorities") but over ten thousand dollars worth of airsoft stuff, then I get the impression there is either something wrong with the parents for letting them spend that much money, or the kid is getting the money from illegal sources (kids these days...).

Let's not turn airsoft into a competition of who has the most expensive stuff. Buy a gun, customize it, use it, and love it. Don't forget about field experience. Being on the field and actually using the gun (and using it well), as well as being a fair player, is much more respectable than bragging about how much money you spend.