Sign in to follow this  
Dawm

Best M4 under $200

My classic army MOE M4 recently kicked the bucket. Im looking for another M4 thats under $200 with good internals that I can place my magpul parts on. I don't really care about externals because if theyre bad enough ill put the MOE body on the new gun too. The fps must be under 350 fps for my local field and I suck at gear boxes so I don't want to have to spring swap.

Gotta be the KWA CQR, hands down. Amazing build quality, warrenty, lipo ready. ***And CQB ready with FPS around 330-350.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10377

Cash tips are accepted but not expected :w00t2:

nice! do hi caps have trouble feeding in this particular KWA? I heard KWAs were picky about mags...

Gotta be the KWA CQR, hands down. Amazing build quality, warrenty, lipo ready. ***And CQB ready with FPS around 330-350.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10377

Cash tips are accepted but not expected :w00t2:

Don't be fooled. NO Airsoft gun is Lipo Ready unless it comes with a Mosfet (and no the "mosfet" in the A&K M60's are not real mosfets)

I don't mess around with M4's at all. Hate the AR platform since everyone and their mother in Airsoft has one. But the Combat Machines perform quite well and so do JG M4's. f I were you I would grab a JG (save some money) and Do all the usual upgrading (AOE, Shimming, etc.) because they can last you quite some time and are fully TM compatible (which if Memory serves me correct KWA is not.)

Gotta be the KWA CQR, hands down. Amazing build quality, warrenty, lipo ready

OP, I would highly advise you not to buy that.

I would recommend that you look at JG or G&G m4s. But keep in mind that for ANY gun to have reliable internals, you need to open the gearbox and do a few simple modifications.

OP, I would highly advise you not to buy that.

I would recommend that you look at JG or G&G m4s. But keep in mind that for ANY gun to have reliable internals, you need to open the gearbox and do a few simple modifications.

Why would you recommend a JG clone over a KWA? Not trying to argue, just sincerely curious.

Don't be fooled. NO Airsoft gun is Lipo Ready unless it comes with a Mosfet (and no the "mosfet" in the A&K M60's are not real mosfets)

I don't mess around with M4's at all. Hate the AR platform since everyone and their mother in Airsoft has one. But the Combat Machines perform quite well and so do JG M4's. f I were you I would grab a JG (save some money) and Do all the usual upgrading (AOE, Shimming, etc.) because they can last you quite some time and are fully TM compatible (which if Memory serves me correct KWA is not.)

In the original post, he said he isn't good with gearboxes so shimming and other gearbox upgrades will only cost him more money to have someone else do them. I was just recommending a solid performer right out of the box. Not that a JG and GG won't do the trick, but I would assume a KWA for a few dollars more would be better out of the box and last longer than a clone.

I've shot the KWA M4 and I loved it, I do not own one yet but I haven't read anything bad about them in a few hours of online research. This posts are the first two that I have seen that doesn't like them. Am I missing something? Thanks for any clarification.

m4's are ok but I just want another one because I have magpul parts for it already and theyre common enough for most parts to be cheap. I was looking at the G&G combat machines. which JG would you recomend?

Edited by Dawm

Why would you recommend a JG clone over a KWA? Not trying to argue, just sincerely curious.

You are much less likely to encounter issues with part fitment on JG compared to KWA. KWA is a poor choice if you want to upgrade (or not for that matter) and when something breaks, there is a good chance replacing the KWA part will cause some sort of issue or not fit at all.

JG internals are actually nicer in my opinion as well. They come with steel bushings compared to the low quality KWA bearings. The JG motor is also much nicer because it has neodymium magnets, which give it much more torque than the KWA motor. JG also comes with a plastic ported piston head, instead of an aluminum, non-ported piston head. I could go on, but those are the first few things that come to mind.

The externals of the full metal JG guns in the $160 price are also about the same as the $250+ KWA guns. Both are made of a similar pot metal, which is not bad, but not great either. But if you can get the same quality for cheaper, why not?

KWA guns are also not put together any better than their comparable chinese clones. Neither is shimmed properly, greased properly, or has the angle of engagement corrected. All of which are critical for a reliable gun.

KWA is no better than JG in some areas and in fact, JG is far superior to KWA in certain areas. When you consider that JG also costs less, to me, there is no question as to which to choose.

Here's the way I was looking at it, right now on airsoftgi.com you can get the KWA M4 CQR for 161.00 (only thing not full metal is lower receiver). He said the he has no interest with working on gearboxes so why not get something that performs better in stock condition and is already shooting below CQB regulations.

I for one would rather trust a KWA stock than a JG esspecially if the price is the same like the deal you can get now. Just my personal opinion and I accept your a more valued member on here with more knowledge than me in terms of airsoft guns, just throwing options around.

Here's the way I was looking at it, right now on airsoftgi.com you can get the KWA M4 CQR for 161.00 (only thing not full metal is lower receiver). He said the he has no interest with working on gearboxes so why not get something that performs better in stock condition and is already shooting below CQB regulations.

I for one would rather trust a KWA stock than a JG esspecially if the price is the same like the deal you can get now. Just my personal opinion and I accept your a more valued member on here with more knowledge than me in terms of airsoft guns, just throwing options around.

Unless you are buying a TM you will have to open the gearbox sooner or later (or replace the rifle) A JG is a great option over the KWA for both instances. 1) If your JG breaks (which is should last the same amount of time as a KWA) it will be cheaper to replace. 2) If you end up going into the gear box instead of replacing it, then the money you have saved will be put into better parts. And then ontop of that, ALL the parts will work (unlike KWA).

My question is why are you telling him to get a gun you don't personally own? Sure I don't own any M4's but my friend does and I tech on all my friends guns, and the JG's and G&G's have been great. Sure I haven't owned a KWA but through research and being on these forums it seems the JG is far superior to it.

And que the flame from KWA fanboys.

Edit: And him not being good with gearboxes means nothing. I had to open up my G&G UMG as my first gun. Didn't know a single thing. I watched a couple of videos and about 2 hours after I started my tear down, I had my gun working again, although I did screw up one part in the trigger system... But that was my own fault for rushing. Sure Teching on Gearboxes is "hard" to learn (just takes time) but doing simple things like AOE, Shimming etc. Will take ~hours but will save you llots of money in the long run and will make it so you won't have to reopen your gearbox again. (if thats what you would want)

Edited by Bladez 0f Fury

KWA does come with a warranty. You arent considering that, great for a non gearbox friendly guy. Sure KWAs arent great better than JG, its the warranty that your paying for.

But how long is it? 45 days? maybe 60? That's not very generous, even the worst guns will last longer than that with average use.

Depending on who you buy it from, JG guns can also come with a two week or one month warranty.

I was simpley doing research and trying to help him find something.

Sorry I don't know enough about the guns to help someone find a gun to their specifications with a little research. He specifically said he doesn't want to open up a gearbox so I provided my opinion on what would be the best for his curicumstances.

Guess its back to just reading the forums.

Edited by borcky90

Sorry bro, some people are overly aggressive in their posts.

If I had $200 to spend on a M4/V2 style gun I would get a Bravo RDW. My $.02.

I do plan on getting a KWA eventually, I'm curious as a tech to see what I think.

Edited by jgm

I was simpley doing research and trying to help him find something.

Sorry I don't know enough about the guns to help someone find a gun to their specifications with a little research. He specifically said he doesn't want to open up a gearbox so I provided my opinion on what would be the best for his curicumstances.

Guess its back to just reading the forums.

I don't mean to be a :censored2:! I'm just saying its usually not best to give info if you only have read about it :P And of course each gun is case by case.

Here's my $0.02:

Get a TM M4/M16. It will be CQB friendly, have an amazing enough hop-up to do great in a field setting, and it will last you a lifetime with nothing needed to be done.

I know that shortyusa is selling a TM M16 on clearance for $200. The way the site is set up you can't directly link anything, but it's under www.shortyusa.com > Special [under the FT of AIRSOFT] > Page 3 > Tokyo Marui M16A2.

I believe that with the Magpul parts changed over, it will be absolutely amazing overall.

so the three im looking at are the combat machine, KWA CQR, and maybea jg. Which of those 3 has the best internals? idc about externals at all.

If you don't care about externals, I would go for the JG, it's the cheapest, and has the best internals in my opinion.