thestig_1201

Winter Build Off and Loadout Competition 2013 Discussion Thread (RESULTS INSIDE)

Hey GoLgo, may I ask why you used 300% torque gears and an sp100 spring? Seems a little silly to me.

I ran the factory gearset on the SP100 and cracked off the Sector gear cam twice.

The 300% is the first stage that Systema offers and has a brass Sector gear cam. Basically I wanted to completely over build this PSG-1 so I wouldn't encounter the reliability issues that plague this otherwise awesome platform.

Results are almost done, waiting on a few people. Results will be up tomorrow.

Sorry for the wait, I wanted the most amount of judges possible on this. Results are fairly close, so I have to be sure.

Results are compiled and ready to be presented. First off, I would like to say that this year's competition was a trial run for some new ideas, and those will be expanded on, and refined in the future. Also, it was very close, with only one category being won by more than one vote. All of the entries were competitive, and enjoyable for me to look at. On to the results!

Categories:

Best Budget: Renegadecow's Serbu Super Shorty 12 gauge

Best Polarstar: TIE Beteween 1337cat's Noveske SBR and Second-hand Shooters' G&P SR25K URX

Best AEG:Star_Folder's 417

Best Non-M4: Renegadecow's XP-100

Best Loadout: Short/Stack's Loadout

Best Overall: The aggregate scores were used to determine this. First place scored an 8.5833 out of 10. Second scored 8.5556. It was that close. The overall winner of this year's Winter Build off is:

Star_Folder's 417!

Congratulations to all!

BAM!

lol. It's funny that I sold the 417.... aaahhhhh, oh well. Ironically enough, I just missed entering the 417's reincarnation by a few days. I guess I'll have to wait until summer for that one.

Along with those other projects that I had planned to have done in time, but ended up not being able to finish them either.

Stig, I'm sure a lot of participants would like to see how they scored, regardless of not making it into any of those categories. Perhaps you could post their score out of 10?

Like such

I will get on it.